*** Daken (Classic) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2018 in Character Details

3-Star Rarity (Epic)
Villains, Dark Avengers
purpletilepng blacktilepng bluetilepng  

"With his mutant healing factor, heightened senses, and retractable claws, Daken is clearly his father's son.

Saved from his dying mother's womb, killer of his adoptive family, and addicted to the hallucinogenic drug Heat...This apple has fallen far from the tree."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 166)
6,800 Health
blacktilepng 79 | purpletilepng 70 | bluetilepng 61 |  41 | greentilepng 13 |  12 | yellowtilepng 11 |  4.0x

Pheremone Ragepurpletilepng Passive
Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board of strength 35.
  • Level 2: ...the board of strength 42.
  • Level 3: ...the board of strength 49.
  • Level 4: ...the board of strength 63.
  • Level 5: ...add 2 Red Strike tiles to the board of strength 46.
Healing & Heatblacktilepng Passive
Daken's healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug "Heat" kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
  • Level 2: ...to recover 5% of his health...
  • Level 3: ...fewer than 8 Blue tiles...
  • Level 4: ...to recover 7% of his health...
  • Level 5: ...fewer than 7 Blue tiles...
Chemical Reaction - 5 bluetilepng AP
Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Deals 730 damage to the target, converts 2 basic Blue tiles to Green, and converts up to 2 friendly Strike tiles to basic tiles, dealing 365 damage per Strike tile converted.
  • Level 2: ...dealing 420 damage per Strike tile converted.
  • Level 3: ...and converts up to 3 friendly Strike tiles...
  • Level 4: ...and converts up to 4 friendly Strike tiles...
  • Level 5: ...dealing 511 damage per Strike tile converted.
What do you think is Daken's best build? Vote down below!
---------
Old Content
3 Star Rarity (Rare) - Gold Character Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 11/12/61/70/13/79/4.0
Healing & Heat - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
    Level 2: Heals 5% per turn. Level 3: 8 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”. Level 4: Heals 7% per turn. Level 5: 7 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 476HP/"Heat" 204 damage
Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 11.
    Level 2: 13 Strike tile strength Level 3: 15 Strike tile strength Level 4: 20 Strike tile strength Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles strength 14.
Max Level: 2 Strength 46 Strike tiles
Chemical Reaction - Blue 5 AP
Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Damages the target for 99, converts two blue tiles to green, and converts up to 2 friendly strike tiles to basic tiles doing 50 damage per strike tile converted.
    Level 2: Increases cleared strike tile damage to 58. Level 3: Converts up to 3 Strike tiles (730 Base Damage + 420 per Strike tile * 3 tiles = 1990 damage). Level 4: Converts up to 4 Strike tiles (730 Base Damage + 420 per Strike tile * 4 tiles = 2410 damage). Level 5: Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 70 (730 Base Damage + 511 per strike tile * 4 tiles = 2774 damage).

Older versions are below.
Some discussion at Lazy Daken. His regeneration will be changed. We'll edit this as we know more.
[anchor=daken3]Daken (Classic)[/anchor]
3 Star Rarity (Rare) - Gold Character Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 5800 Tile damage: 8/9/9/60/67/52
Pheremone Rage - Purple Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken releases a scent that sets his enemies on edge, using their anger to his advantage. Whenever anyone makes a Green match, add a Red Strike tile to the board with a strength of 7.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength Level 3: +15% Strike tile strength Level 4: +15% Strike tile strength Level 5: Creates 2 Strike tiles at 90% base strength..
Max Level: 2 Strength 57 Strike tiles
Healing & Heat - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Daken’s healing factor allows him to recover 3% of his health every turn. If there are fewer than 9 Blue tiles, the terrible drug “Heat” kicks in, and he loses 3% of his health instead.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals 5% per turn. Level 3: 8 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”. Level 4: Heals 7% per turn. Level 5: 7 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”.
Max Level: Heals 508 HP/"Heat" 218 damage
Chemical Reaction - Blue 5 AP
Daken springs a trap, but his addiction to "Heat" threatens to push him over the edge. Damages the target for 99, converts two blue tiles to green, and converts up to 2 friendly strike tiles to basic tiles doing 50 damage per strike tile converted.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases cleared strike tile damage to 58. Level 3: Converts up to 3 strike tiles. Level 4: Converts up to 4 strike tiles. Level 5: Increases cleared strike tile damage?
Max Level: 623 base damage, 435 per strike tile, up to 4.
IceIX Edit: ::Whistles innocently::
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I wonder if he's getting an extra ability and if his abilities are going to change a bit. I'm guessing a maxed 3* Daken will be the equivalent of a level 200+ 2* Daken, which would be pretty strong and annoying.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    My gut says this guys is going to get a 3rd skill. I just don't see the community very happy with a 2 skill max 115 lvl character. People already want Doom, Loki, and Ragnarok to get there third skills, no way people will want another one.
  • I think I remember IceIX saying eventually everyone would get 3 abilities, but not in the near future. A level 141 Daken seems scary already, even without any abilities that aren't passive.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Here's my vote for his third power.
      Powerhungry - Green Passive
      Daken gathers forces to increase his power. If Daken's team has 23 Black AP, one strength 10 Attack tile is created each turn.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: If Daken's team has 23 Blue AP, one strength 10 Protect tile is created each turn. Level 3: If Daken's team has 23 Red AP, one strength 10 Strike tile is created each turn. Level 4: If Daken's team has 23 Purple AP, one AP of each color is drained from the enemy team each turn. Level 5: If Daken's team has 23 Yellow AP, his team heals 10% each turn.
    • Cool concepts, but the only way you would be able to reach that is by using none of your powers if the passive outweighs them in usefulness, or if you don't have that ability color at all. Pretty strong, but that's what 23 AP gets you.
    • Nonce Equitaur 2
      It's easy to get 23 AP in a random color. It's nigh impossible to get 23 AP for a specific color. This would be a late game cavalry power, which might be appropriate for a member of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    • Pats0132
      Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
      I am scared to see this character. 2 star is still used a lot. So I am guessing 3 star will be a prevalent 3star used with patch.
    • I could be wrong, but it seems his healing passive is still the same effect, just reworded different from the old text.
    • I wonder if you're in PvE and a 2* Daken is on the enemy team, will that prevent you from using your 3* Daken?
    • GT-47LM wrote:
      I wonder if you're in PvE and a 2* Daken is on the enemy team, will that prevent you from using your 3* Daken?
      For sure. See Mags.
    • Emeryt wrote:
      GT-47LM wrote:
      I wonder if you're in PvE and a 2* Daken is on the enemy team, will that prevent you from using your 3* Daken?
      For sure. See Mags.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. His usefulness will be brought down drastically in PvE since Daken is almost always on the enemy team, but he will still be very good.
    • I would love to see a thorns passive that reflects % dmg back to the attacker, costs AP to use.
    • Highdark
      Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
      Here's my vote for his third power.
        Daken gathers forces to increase his power. If Daken's team has 23 Black AP, one strength 10 Attack tile is created each turn.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: If Daken's team has 23 Blue AP, one strength 10 Protect tile is created each turn. Level 3: If Daken's team has 23 Red AP, one strength 10 Strike tile is created each turn. Level 4: If Daken's team has 23 Purple AP, one AP of each color is drained from the enemy team each turn. Level 5: If Daken's team has 23 Yellow AP, his team heals 10% each turn.

Fun concept, but yellow and purple a bit ridiculus
      • Here's my vote for his third power.
          Level Upgrades

I can't imagine Daken being given another passive ability. Although if they do then he'll really have earned the nickname LazyDaken. I'd imagine they would give him some sort of attack, maybe one that causes "bleeding" for damage each turn.

Admittedly I don't know anything about the lore of Daken. Maybe he does just sit on his **** and not move a muscle icon_razz.gif
        • 3* Daken will get a spot on my team just for the sheer annoyance factor if nothing else. Cheap and easy strike tiles are always nice, combine that with the possible synergy of 3* Wolvie or 3* Thor and he can be pretty beastly. I would enjoy a 3rd skill as well, not sure if another passive is an option, but a green strike ability would be too generic IMO.

Maybe something to the effect of a green (or red or whatever color of your choosing) ability that costs a decent amount, 10+, that would buff the strike tiles that he placed, like adding 20-40% to the base damage of each strike tile already placed.

Any other ideas?
        • Personally, I just want him to strike a different pose and be less of a colour swap of the current Wolverine/Daken models. Current Daken might be strong and annoying, but he looks like a shifty scrub.
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          As much as I dread the idea of a fully leveled 3* Daken generating strike tiles and healing off match damage, with a 3rd ability, he has the potential to have a number of different popular builds.

I honestly think the best ability they could give him would be a Green power that deals damage and "soaks up" red strike tiles (reverting them to plain color tiles) for additional damage. With a power like that, going 5/3/5 seems like a given, you get more strike tiles out and the best bang for your buck with a strong green, but at the expense of healing and potential Heat damage.
        • Highly doubt he gets a new skill. It goes against the whole point of the lazy characters, which is for the devs to be able go push out a 99% identical character at a higher lvl to male money while saving time to put towards other things (mostly the first,as the second was never an issue before when they weren't releasing a "New" character every 10-14 days). Plus, totally doesn't need more levels. If anything, ppl should be happy with a lower cover dakan as it will hopefully be easier to complete. This is going to make spidey that much more used though.

If they do give him an ability, I would go with the name eviscerate and make it destroy friendly strike tiles for an amount of damage.Ex: costs 14 red ap to destroy all friendly strike tiles doing 500 damage per a strike tile. Could even add a venom style value, something like "instantly ko the opponent if there are more than 12 strike tiles on the board. Levels could decrease the instant ko value (starts at 16, minus 2 per a level) nd damage up (starts at 300, plus 100 per level). Simple, works with his tiles, isn't overpowered due to his ease of creating tiles, takes a mild amount of thought when using..always a plus. Do I drop Evicerate on the full hp hulk or do I use the strike tiles to damage the other character first? Etc etc blah blah blah. The ability would be red. It should be black, but that's already linked to another power (doesn't mean they couldn't swap it). As long as his strike tiles aren't too op nothing else matters THAT much. Also, I am far Moe inclined to let him have a new ability and go 141 if his heal is different. Maybe keep the healing and heat aspect (so the negative if below a #of yellow tiles) but instead of healing every turn make it so he only heals when he matches, black (purple? Whatever color his heal is). So it would be like astonishing's New yellow except it could heal even when above 50% AMD would have the negative be losing health possibly every turn instead.
        • Spoit
          Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
          GT-47LM wrote:
          I wonder if he's getting an extra ability and if his abilities are going to change a bit. I'm guessing a maxed 3* Daken will be the equivalent of a level 200+ 2* Daken, which would be pretty strong and annoying.
          I thought 3*s had a slower power curve than 2*s, with a level 85 2* being equivalent to like a level 100 3*. So a maxed one at 115 would probably be like a level 100ish 2*?
        • So lazy thor = 2* thor.
          if that daken follow the same way, who will you team with him ( in 2 heroes chose for pvp with locked thrid hero and pve/open pvp )

daken / lazy thor / punisher / patch / hulk / Cheated Mag / spidey / obw seems most commun but who will you chose ??