*** Daken (Classic) ***

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    That is his blue power. Nothing, they just gave him blue so you can get him to 141, so build him 5/5/3 icon_lol.gif
    His blue power will actually slow his regeneration and decrease the value of his strike tiles, so you can increase his level cap at a cost. Level blue to five and you get a unique hat for Daken.
  • Dayv
    Daken (Classic) Art Revealed!
    tumblr_n4nqio4Oso1r7yc0lo1_400.png
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    LazyDaken could be balanced by the same mechanic as the Falcon: require a certain amount of AP to be held for strike tiles to generate.
  • Dayv
    Moral wrote:
    LazyDaken could be balanced by the same mechanic as the Falcon: require a certain amount of AP to be held for strike tiles to generate.
    Apparently they are tweaking his powers to make him less annoying than we might expect. I hope it works out well. And then I hope we don't see any more versions of Wolverine, Daken, or any of the other Wolverine-alikes (X-23, Sabretooth, maybe even Deadpool [yeah, I know, people love him for some reason]) for quite some time. Need more variety!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The less annoying rework? A faster animation icon_lol.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    That is his blue power. Nothing, they just gave him blue so you can get him to 141, so build him 5/5/3 icon_lol.gif
    His blue power will actually slow his regeneration and decrease the value of his strike tiles, so you can increase his level cap at a cost. Level blue to five and you get a unique hat for Daken.
    His blue power will make it so that whenever the enemy matches one of your strike tiles, it generates a strike tile for you. And displays a giant middle finger in the middle of their screen.
  • I got a great idea for the blue ability

Entrenchment 12 blue AP

Creates 3 blue entrenchment tiles that:

Level 1: increases animation time of Phermone Rage and Inspiriation by 1s when viewed by the enemy, and decrease their animation time by 0.1s when viewed by you. Note: the effects are cumulative per entrenchment tile.

Level 5: Increates 5 entrenchment tiles, increases animation time by 5s for enemy and decrease animation time by 0.5s for you.

Your enemy will be begging for death once this ability is out!
  • Dayv
    I'm going with Scumbag Daken.

tumblr_n4nqio4Oso1r7yc0lo1_400.png
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Blue can increase the strike tiles... A TON.

Thus will be interesting.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    We should have a note in the Subject like that says Page 6 to indicate real discussion is happening now rather than speculation and guessing what a new power is going to be.
  • I read that to be that if any of your strike tiles are matched (cleared) it will do additional damage. The strike tiles basically become traps. Guess we will see.

Edit: Nevermind, it comes at a cost, so it looks like it blows up your strike tiles for damage.
  • I really hope they made it so he only creates a strick tile when his team matches green tiles
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    The detail is "Classified" but the level 2 info is not. So for Blue level 2 "Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 75".

Sounds like he's going to be 1000% more annoying
  • It would be nice if his purple had patch like element that creates Strick tiles for both teams.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like daken does damage when strike tiles are destroyed...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puritas wrote:

Blue costs 5AP. It's probably what Nemek suggested, which is that it destroys all your strike tiles and deals damage based off of how many tiles you destroyed.
  • Would be interesting if you could target which strike tiles to destroy (your's OR opponents) and deal damage for each thus adding a board manipulation element icon_cool.gif
  • Puritas wrote:

Blue costs 5AP. It's probably what Nemek suggested, which is that it destroys all your strike tiles and deals damage based off of how many tiles you destroyed.

I suspect that it doesn't destroy *all* of them. It looks like it does ~8-10x the value of the strike tile in damage, which is a metric tiny kitty ton of damage. And 5 Blue is very cheap too. I think it's more likely along the lines of :
      Chemical Reaction - Blue 5 AP
      Clears one strike tile for 62 damage
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Increases cleared strike tile damage to 75. Level 3: Clears an additional strike tile, cost increased to 6 AP. Level 4: Increases cleared strike tile damage to 86 Level 5: Clears an additional strike tile for a total of three, each for 95 damage. Cost increased to 7 AP.

Even that might be OP.
    • I wonder if it will actually destroy the strikes tiles or revert them back to regular tiles. Also wonder if it will affect any strike tiles you own, only red ones, or maybe (hopefully not, would probably be broken) also enemy strike tiles.
    • 3* Daken + Hulk is probably going to get a decent number of defensive wins it seems.