*** Daken (Classic) ***

1181920212224»

Comments

• JVRealJVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been waiting for the timing of his blue attack to be fixed... but is it really intended to occur in the order that it is playing out?

The timing of Daken's blue attack still feels off... it didn't used to be this way, but has been for probably over a year now... and it was initially spoken of as a bug, but then was never 'fixed'.

There should be two parts to his attack.  Part 1 should do one round of total damage, the base damage of the attack plus the additional damage from converting the attack tiles.  Part 2 of the attack should then change blue tiles to green potentially causing matches creating new strike tiles.

Instead we have the attack broken up into 3 parts that follow the order of the description, which is 1) base damage, 2) convert tiles potentially making matches, then 3) converting strike tiles for extra damage.

By having broken the damage into two different parts, you have a 3 part move with damage (not sure if it uses the bonus damage of the strike tiles), then converting and possibly making a match (using the bonus damage of the strike tiles), then finally the converting of the strike tiles for additional damage.

This breaking up of the damage seems to screw up other people's passives as sometimes it's treated as 2 different sets of damage, instead of combining that damage into one big attack.

The most annoying part to me is that if he only had 2 strike tiles out before the attack kicks off, it allows him to make more right before removing them if the green tiles create a match.

Is this actually a bug? Because it wasn't always this way... but began to behave this way after one of the patches or updates, then just seemed to stay that way.

• DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    JVReal said:
    Is this actually a bug? Because it wasn't always this way... but began to behave this way after one of the patches or updates, then just seemed to stay that way.

It was a bug. But it was one of those bugs that was a bug for so long, now it's the norm. So it isn't a bug anymore.
     :blush:

I love it. I play with Daken all the time - every day in the 2-star DDQ nodes. He also wrecks fools with Okoye and that cheap blue of his.
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,556 Site Admin
    *Updated details to follow modern formatting