*** Daken (Classic) ***

Comments

• MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    My idea for a third ability.
    Passive red:
    When someone matches 3 or more red it creates one attack tile doing 9 dmg per turn.
    level 2 increases tile to 13
    level 3 to 15
    level 4 to 20
    level 5 creates 2 tiles. Have fun :p
  • Apparently he will be a 4* not 3 icon_e_wink.gif which means covers are gonna be super hard to come by
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Legen... wait for it!

...dary Daken.
    I dunno does it sound right even?
  • Apparently he will be a 4* not 3 icon_e_wink.gif which means covers are gonna be super hard to come by

Source?

Is there an actual confirmation of this yet?
  • over_clocked
    IceIX has said that one of the new chars will be a 3* and another a 4*, we had thought that Torch would be 4* but apparently not.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    IceIX has said that one of the new chars will be a 3* and another a 4*, we had thought that Torch would be 4* but apparently not.

Void is the next planned 4*, I'm fairly sure.
  • over_clocked
    Yeah, anyone but Daken. Come on the devs called him Clawkid.
  • yep what Locked said, as far as i know i think Ice said that after Daken , new characters will start to slow down, thank god. So im pretty sure he could be our 4*
  • yep what Locked said, as far as i know i think Ice said that after Daken , new characters will start to slow down, thank god. So im pretty sure he could be our 4*

A gold 4* Daken feels wrong and extremely boring. At least the current 4* are quite unique in my opinion. Adding Daken to would just cheapen the epicness of 4* unless his abilities are re-worked significantly.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    yep what Locked said, as far as i know i think Ice said that after Daken , new characters will start to slow down, thank god. So im pretty sure he could be our 4*

A gold 4* Daken feels wrong and extremely boring. At least the current 4* are quite unique in my opinion. Adding Daken to would just cheapen the epicness of 4* unless his abilities are re-worked significantly.

I hope he is a 3* as i would love to be able to use him again. He was my number 1 guy when i first started playing.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Milkrain wrote:
    yep what Locked said, as far as i know i think Ice said that after Daken , new characters will start to slow down, thank god. So im pretty sure he could be our 4*

I have yet to see 4* epicness.

Yeaaaa...the chance of dakan being a 4**** is preeeetty...pretty low. I am going with dakan being the reward for this heroic event and then seeing the 4**** as the reward of the next pve. Maybe Emma frost? I am suspecting we need to finally see some others In the kabal at this point. Of course, all that could be pushed back and dakan is the reward of the pve storyline and this week's is actually just more human torch/lazy thor/lazy shieldbro. If I had to bet my two sense/cents I'd go with the first option though.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say **** as well. We have another PvE on Thursday, so, we know it will probably be a new character and I'm guessing Daken. I think if they released a Legendary they would just release it, didn't they just release IW into the store and had her as a top prize? Plus I thought they said Gold characters are a direct upgrade of their 2* counterpart, I don't see a gold going from 2* to 4*, maybe if you called it platinum
  • As much as I love Daken, I'm kind of disappointed with the *** variants. I'd rather have a new character to look forward to never completing, like Iceman, Colossus, Phoenix, Gambit..I do like having a higher-powered Daken as opposed to the Captain and Thor ones though. It may be more worth it in this case, is Daken does in fact get a third skill.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Happy Friday! /InsertStuffAboutUnreleasedContentBeingFullyMutableHere
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

So what you're saying is that LazyDaken is going to have a third skill and regular daken is going to get that same third skill? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX wrote:

So what you're saying is that LazyDaken is going to have a third skill and regular daken is going to get that same third skill? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm feeling blue today. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wow ! Purple as his strongest tile, instead of green ? And, blue for passive instead of yellow ? Kinda interesting and looking forward to him, as i am a fan of daken ! Hope he's not 4* though....
  • Could someone please explain the implications of changing his required tiles for healing to blue? Does this make it better or worse? All I can think of is that blue is a higher 'traffic' color, making it more of a decision making process when matching them.... Although making it green would really impact it.
  • Prolly trying to weaken the Patch/OBW synergy. Or it could try to preempt changes to Spidey/Mags' blue, since their supposed to soon be nerfed.