Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    The chat works... somewhat slowly. Also, it apparently disables my phone's predictive/gesture keyboard. icon_neutral.gif

Yes, it does the same for me. (Using SwiftKey on Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3) Is it possible to fix this? It'll take me forever to type anything without those options.
  • It wouldn't be nice if we could see when someone is connected. Without this feature the chat feels more like a message board rather than something more interactive. Also perhaps getting a notification in-game wherever you are when someone say something in the chat.
  • Just wanted to give my props to the dev team on this patch. Love the new Alliance functionality!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hope that's not ninja change of removing HP chance from daily rewards...

I can see that on day 111 coming up that I get a guaranteed 25HP.
    I have a feeling that with the influx of HP from alliance rewards and now the introduction of 25HP daily rewards they've probably removed the chance of getting 50.

Has anyone got 50HP from their daily today?
  • New scrolling is awesome, chat is awesome, alliance scores is awesome. Would really love to see shield status
  • Twysta wrote:
    I have a feeling that with the influx of HP from alliance rewards and now the introduction of 25HP daily rewards they've probably removed the chance of getting 50.

They did already remove the first 50HP single-player progression reward in PvP and HP payout from selling 3*/4* covers.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Did they ninja edit lazyCap's art? He seems different, his hair to be exact.
  • That new Crit icon is absolutely horrific looking....
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CptNoraa wrote:
    That new Crit icon is absolutely horrific looking....

There's a special prize if you can get 22 of them up on the board at the same time.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Did they ninja edit lazyCap's art? He seems different, his hair to be exact.
    Nope, no changes to Cap's art.
    Twysta wrote:
    I can see that on day 111 coming up that I get a guaranteed 25HP.
    We set certain days to 25 HP instead of the random set, that was actually a change that we set live today that was independent of the patch. That'll be going up along with the notes in a couple mins here.
  • Lazy Cap still looks like he should be out scheming against the Von Trapp family.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Lazy Cap still looks like he should be out scheming against the Von Trapp family.
    Steve "Rolf" Rogers
  • Ghast wrote:
    Lazy Cap still looks like he should be out scheming against the Von Trapp family.

icon_lol.gif I will never be able to take LazyCap seriously ever again. He now sings whatever is in his text bubble.
  • Yeah, the LazyCap art may be my absolute least favorite character are in the game.
  • I'm liking the new update. Went to check the alliance ranks to see who was at the top of my alliance for the PVE event and no surprise... it was me. Jk on the "no surprise" thing, but I was expecting that icon_razz.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Yeah, the LazyCap art may be my absolute least favorite character are in the game.
    Not the invisible BagLady? She's scary looking.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Yeah, the LazyCap art may be my absolute least favorite character are in the game.
    Not the invisible BagLady? She's scary looking.

For the card, maybe, but I almost never see her, and I can't remember the last time I saw her in a cut scene. I'm mainly talking about cut-scene LazyCap, who looks kind of like a gelatinous shapeshifter in the process of forming an Aryan ubermensch male model.
  • I like the alliance chat, the available standings for an alliance by clicking on their rank in an event, etc.

I'm not liking the new way of handling data so much, though, as it went from one big download and a new update to one smaller download and then decent-sized downloads everytime you do ANYTHING the first few times after an update.

Turn on the game? Load screen. Open an event? Load screen. Open a mission? Load screen to get the dialogue. Try to play a match? Load screen. Etc.

I know this goes away after a while, but I'd have to think there are better ways to handle the data needed to run the game.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We set certain days to 25 HP instead of the random set, that was actually a change that we set live today that was independent of the patch.

What will be the frequency of these? I got the 50 HP about once every 10 days. That means these static 25 HP rewards should be every 5 days for it to even out.

Edit: The notes are not clear. I was assuming the 50HP option is being removed from the random set. If not, then these static 25 HP reward days will be bonus.
  • I feel like the art for the 20 iso reward was smoothed out. It doesn't seem nearly as offensive as it did earlier today. But maybe I am just coping better.