Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    Anyone else having issues using MPQ on android since this update? The game freezes / crashes every single time I try to post in the alliance chat. Also, the game will randomly crash on me during random times while I'm navigating the menus. The random crashes are quite frequent.
    Yes been having problems with my Note 3.
    Are either of you running any kind of third party text input apps? We tested with a bunch of different types but thinking maybe that could be part of it given the sheer number of hardware/software/OS differences.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    Anyone else having issues using MPQ on android since this update? The game freezes / crashes every single time I try to post in the alliance chat. Also, the game will randomly crash on me during random times while I'm navigating the menus. The random crashes are quite frequent.
    Are either of you running any kind of third party text input apps? We tested with a bunch of different types but thinking maybe that could be part of it given the sheer number of hardware/software/OS differences.
    I have the crash-during-alliance-chat problem on my Galaxy Nexus, as well, and I'm just using the stock Android keyboard (with Swype-esque typing). The gesture functionality is disabled in alliance chat, so it could be a keyboard conflict. I already sent in a support ticket, so we'll see what happens.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:

The game crashes randomly when i write in the chat too, but im using steam. Quite random.
  • ichijuan wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:

The game crashes randomly when i write in the chat too, but im using steam. Quite random.

Mine did that too! in steam. I was chatting away, then the messages weren't showing up, so I wanted a couple min, still nothing, then entered the tourney and MPQ hung up on me about two moves in so I had to restart. And then I lost the next battle because widow wasn't at full health. I'm just throwing that out there. Anyway, when I came back in about 3 of the six msgs I had blindly typed showed up. That's the only time it's happened but I won't be making multiple chat msgs again in the future either.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Viorala wrote:
    Mine did that too! in steam. I was chatting away, then the messages weren't showing up, so I wanted a couple min, still nothing, then entered the tourney and MPQ hung up on me about two moves in so I had to restart. And then I lost the next battle because widow wasn't at full health. I'm just throwing that out there. Anyway, when I came back in about 3 of the six msgs I had blindly typed showed up. That's the only time it's happened but I won't be making multiple chat msgs again in the future either.
    Interesting. We're already looking into a few chat issues from when the server was getting hit with load at the end of the last Event and chat was being used a ton. Always helps to have more information though! icon_e_smile.gif
  • fedlex20
    Options

Exactly that.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    - The top three Alliance players in an Event are indicated by trophies next to their names on the Alliance Leaderboards. S.H.I.E.L.D. congratulates the top performers!

Do these top 3 get a reward or just a pat on the back aka "congratulates the top performers"? Just curious thanks.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ It's cosmetic, so just a pat.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    Cool thanks locked.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ice, Would it be difficult to add sounds to the alerts notification the player receive? Or is this in the pipeline already?
  • I use the swype kb on an s3 and crash occasionally when using the chat. If I try to move too fast or do not wait until my message shows up the odds of crashing increases tenfold.
  • I don't know if this has been said already, but...I'm sorry, the new critical tile looks so tacky compared to the other tiles. Just saying.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    babblefate wrote:
    I don't know if this has been said already, but...I'm sorry, the new critical tile looks so tacky compared to the other tiles. Just saying.
    Are you saying... that you don't have the fever?! icon_e_surprised.gif Jim Tremolto right now → icon_cry.gif
  • It's like this in the Hotshot tourney right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M
  • if the devs are paying attention to this thread they should know that swype keyboard support isn't fully supported in alliance chat oddly. swype at a basic level works but it won't auto-space or show word recommendations, etc. this is the only app i know of that only semi-supports swype.

i'm on a galaxy s3.
  • In addition to the keyboard issues I find the game less stable. It takes longer to load, the animations with the spidey, IM symbols that fly by tends to freeze for a bit before progressing. I tend to lock my phone with the game running, takes twice as long to resume now. Crashed a few times just looking at score screens or moving between events.

I also hate the crit tile if it needs to be said. Doesn't follow any of the art direction in the game at all. Ancient Egyptian sun stone or something. Looks tacky
  • Chimaera wrote:
    I also hate the crit tile if it needs to be said. Doesn't follow any of the art direction in the game at all. Ancient Egyptian sun stone or something. Looks tacky

Huh,..... I actually like the change! But don't take my taste into consideration. I thought the Pontiac Aztek was a cool looking SUV.
  • i have steam and it'll freeze/crash in chat for me too. normally it's after a few minutes of sitting there/typing etc.
  • fedlex20
    Options
    Oh, this is getting so frustrating, im getting the "check connection" over and over again, i cant start a match or buy hp or post a message in the alliance chat without getting that error if, IF, the game starts up correctly, 2 out of 3 times it crashes unexpectedly. What is going on?
  • HailMary wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    WesFaram wrote:
    I have the crash-during-alliance-chat problem on my Galaxy Nexus, as well, and I'm just using the stock Android keyboard (with Swype-esque typing). The gesture functionality is disabled in alliance chat, so it could be a keyboard conflict. I already sent in a support ticket, so we'll see what happens.

Yup, using swiftkey on note 2, and get random freeze and/or crash when sending. Touchpal x wouldn't write at all at least in the alliance search box, for which I sent a ticket, haven't tried it in a while. Also can't move cursor beyond what is seen in input line, and spell check won't work. Basically any android related stuff except pressing the keys won't work. Have to try stock.

But I'm still glad the chat has arrived, killed our forum page though haha