Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Riggy wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
      - The download size of the application on iOS has been reduced to under 100MB to allow users on cellular networks to download the app. Additional assets will be downloaded in the background while the game is running.
    Oh, sweet irony. I'm stuck on 3G until this evening. Sorely tempted to go find a McDonalds or Starbucks or something on my lunch hour so I can get the patch.

Wait, is that a sign of addiction? That sounds like a sign of addiction.

If you would go so far as eating in a Mcdonald, it definitely is icon_e_wink.gif

Not a big fan either of the new critical tile.
    It is really cool to be able to see individual scores, and for every alliances! On a side note, it may also become a good way to check whether the big names have already entered a bracket :3

And... alleluia, mousewheel is working! Glorious day!
  • Mouse wheel worx: yey!!!!

The alliance contribution list is cool really. The chat is strange -- thought I will at least see who is online.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im not a fan of the new critical tile but the rest of the updates are quite nice icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I agree with everyone saying that the critical tile feels very out of place.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ichijuan wrote:
    Im not a fan of the new critical tile but the rest of the updates are quite nice icon_e_biggrin.gif

I am not a fan either. They remind me of the Crystals in a very old TV series called the crystal maze with Richard O'Brien best know for this role in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  • Meh, I don't mind cosmetic changes like that. They look weird at first but if it had been like that from the beginning I wouldn't think twice about it.

Great update in general. I know we didn't get everything we wanted but there is some really good stuff in there.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The new critical tile feels REALLY out of place. It's not ugly or anything but it's way too different from the rest of the tiles.
  • Microtom wrote:
    I agree with everyone saying that the critical tile feels very out of place.
    Agreed. It should have been a SHIELD logo or something more Marvelous, like the Tesseract or other Infinity Gem or Norn Stone.

Glad mouse wheel now works.
    Also good to be able to see the alliance contributions.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but it looks like they added new daily reward landmarks; I recall there just being a Heroic Token to look forward to in a week, but now there's 25 Hero Points in 3 days:

http://i.imgur.com/g4dWQ2f.jpg

It's nice, but now I'm a little bummed because they've probably added things like that to previous days that I've passed now.
  • elusive wrote:
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but it looks like they added new daily reward landmarks; I recall there just being a Heroic Token to look forward to in a week, but now there's 25 Hero Points in 3 days:

It's nice, but now I'm a little bummed because they've probably added things like that to previous days that I've passed now.
    There's always nice things to look forward to, though. I thought I was done with the nice rewards for a while when I got the green X-Force at around day 149. Now I'm pleasantly surprised to see a red X-Force coming up next week.

Now, if only he were worth using.
  • elusive wrote:

Guaranteed hero points? Could be nice... Did they remove the chance to get them from the daily rewards? But most importantly, how frequent are they as a reward? Every 15 days like the 3* covers?
  • You can see who has made points for other alliances as well as your own alliance - this will be useful to get an idea of amount of points in other brackets.
  • LOVE the new crit tiles!

imagejpg2_zps10377281.jpg
  • Is it just me or is the chat not working?
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just you apparently...
  • Downloading now... Excited!

Stuck at 50%...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    The chat works... somewhat slowly. Also, it apparently disables my phone's predictive/gesture keyboard. icon_neutral.gif
  • I like the points tracking for alliances now. However, hope future updates allow us to access those stats within the Alliance main hub itself instead of navigating to the rank page for individual events.

Time to go gawk at the freakish gem tile I have read so much about.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The chat needs a push notification option in the settings menu. It also doesn't work with the default swipe/gesture keyboard in android. I had to go back in time a few years to hunt and peck.

Other than that I really like the chat feature. Thanks for adding it in.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Oooh, swipey movement and multipl tabs for rewards & rankings.

Now maybe they could put the Progression and the Placement rewards onto separate tabs so I don't have to swipe all the way down to see them...?