** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Options

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    D3,

Please nerf the entire game so I don't have to play and I can push butan all day.

I MUST play this game and actually think and have variation.

IF you aren't playing the game and strategizing and varying your roster, you will lose.

The actual game is too strong for this game. It makes it a real game.

For gaming you can use CANDY CRUSH or FLAPPY BIRD. For time wasters you can use Angry Birds, clash of clans, etc, etc.

So you have to play the game until you play other games it looks like. Both these need to be changed. I would like the game removed from the game. The other part of the game is fine.

I get that this is parody, but calling a one button smartphone app a "game" is kind of pushing it

Yes that was part of the point. Nerfing characters left and right will reduce MPQ to a glorified bejeweled clone instead of the surprisingly robust and interesting game that it is.

/explains the joke
  • If I could delete one topic in the forum it would be this one. Stop asking for nerfs of characters that are strong but not op. OBW is the only reason I am able to play without having to wait for hours for my characters to heal. OBW is so squishy when she faces 3* (and some 2*) teams and because she has to match tiles herself in order to maximize her usefulness (Espionage) she is often the one taking the most damage. I have never skipped an opponent because he was using OBW. I am usually happy to see her in an opposing team because she has so low health. If someone has a problem against her then he is doing something wrong.
  • Anyone who complains about Obw is a **** nugget. icon_e_wink.gif
  • My OBW is only lvl 30, maybe I should level her up to see what I’m missing out on.
  • More like, please buff the other characters.
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There probably isn't one because I know most of the guys posting dealing with OBW is easy are all in the 141X3 range and wouldn't even need to think about any other 2* character. The fact that people always have their 'so easy anyone can do it' theory on dealing with OBW is a sign that you acknowledge her power. No other 2* even needs a strategy to be dealt with when you're on the high end of 3*.

Isn't this simply because she is a utility character? Like 1* Black Widow or Modern Storm, her damage is almost irrelevant. Any utility character with good utility will sometimes be useful, even on teams with much higher levels, simply because they facilitate the damage of their teammates.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    What's the strategy to deal with 2* Thor? Or 2* anyone that isn't OBW? There probably isn't one because I know most of the guys posting dealing with OBW is easy are all in the 141X3 range and wouldn't even need to think about any other 2* character. The fact that people always have their 'so easy anyone can do it' theory on dealing with OBW is a sign that you acknowledge her power. No other 2* even needs a strategy to be dealt with when you're on the high end of 3*.

Of course if you're running level 141 characters you shouldn't lose to OBW very often, if at all. She's powerful but she's not that broken to be able to make up for a difference of 56 levels. Even if you're not level 141, it's not like a high end 3* roster doesn't have its own share of cheap tricks, so most of the time it doesn't matter. Still, do you go to a game against The Punisher thinking about how to deny his colors or how to kill him quickly? I certainly do not and that's a character that's definitely top 5 by usage in 3* for sure.

? Of course I do. It all depends on roster construction. If I run with Patch, I am incredibly concerned about an enemy Punisher collecting black. Molotov is the anti strike tile.

Ares: He's strong enough that you need to be wary at times with his skills if he collects enough yellow or red. A very annoying opponent, especially if you knock his health down.
    OBW: already addressed
    Storm: Everybody gameplans around Storm and you totally ignored that to make your point. Show me a person that either doesn't take Storm out first or stun her?
    Thor: Used to be a gameplanner because of his Red attack, now you just need to watch out for 14 green - nobody gameplans really because if he beats you to 14 green, chances are you got cascaded to tinykitty anyway
    Wolverine: Used to be a gameplanner but his nerfed feral claws and healing ability have changed that. Still an annoying fight if yellow is on the board
    Daken: Yeah, you don't think about his passive when you collect green? I disagree
    Bullseye: Ibid for purple
    Moonstone: If she gets up to enough red you better believe I'm planning. If she gets enough purple, I'm definitely hoping to throw a special tile out there.

Just because you choose to ignore these characters doesn't mean everyone does. I take all of these into account when I play my matches.

Liked.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why don't we make all the ** characters awful... Most of them are already totally useless but let's keep that trend. There are a total of 12 ** and about only 3 or 4 are actually good.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Depending on your levels you might want to take out Storm first due to her Raging Tempest. A strong molotov to any team with Storm, if she survives, will come back to bite you.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D3,

Please nerf OBW haters so I don't have to read about her being broken all the time.

I MUST read this in both General Discussion and Characters subforums.
  • I think the deal with OBW is she does two things that no one else in the 2* arena can do, heal and steal and she is very good at both.

If there were two separate characters where one had OWB's steal and two other abilities and the other had the heal each one of those two characters would still be a viable choice. Having that much utility crammed into one character makes her a no brainer amongst the two stars.

Can OBW be killed yes, can you use other characters absolutely in general you need to field three in every battle! Do I think that among the two stars she singlehandedly increases win rates more than any other. I would say yes she likely does.

Does that mean we need to get out the pitchforks and start nerfing...probably not. If they wanted to make changes to her I'd be interested to see what direction they might go but I wouldn't cry about the sky falling if it did mix things up.

I can see the outrage now Headlines read: Bullseye has stolen original Widow's antigrav device and left her with nothing but a snarky remark!
  • Phantron wrote:
    Storm gets killed first because of her lack of HPs, not because she's particularly dangerous.

Come on now, we have like 2 weeks to April 1.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Storm gets killed first because of her lack of HPs, not because she's particularly dangerous.

Come on now, we have like 2 weeks to April 1.

Classic Storm, not Modern Storm. I don't know why Classic Storm gets all that respect really. Do people still think she still has the old vesion of Raging Tempest? Yes one time I dropped a Berserker Rage on someone else without killing Storm first and then died horribly, but that'd be user error, not because she's hard to handle.

Even if Classic Storm miraculously gets a Wind Storm off (much harder compared to AR because blue is a contested color, and you need more of it and she can't steal blue) that's easily within the range of what Spiderman can handle, and given blue is the most dangerous color, you probably should be thankful it's only a Wind Storm instead of 5 stuns from Spiderman, which will likely put the game away if he got all 5 stuns off (that'd stun a whole team for 4-5 turns easily).
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I really want to see a PVE where we're all forced to use Bagman. Make him required for every mission. That'll get some folks riled up.
  • I really want to see a PVE where we're all forced to use Bagman. Make him required for every mission. That'll get some folks riled up.

Just add a mechanism of a special tile that has to be placed in a certain spot on the board or the enemy takes no damage. Heck make two such slots so you can use the power of the double Switchroo.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I really want to see a PVE where we're all forced to use Bagman. Make him required for every mission. That'll get some folks riled up.

Just add a mechanism of a special tile that has to be placed in a certain spot on the board or the enemy takes no damage. Heck make two such slots so you can use the power of the double Switchroo.

The sad thing is, he was one of my first two stars because of prologue. I thought he was sooooo cool then. Now he gets picked last in gym class.
  • The reason you see her so much is just that while there's lots of characters that do damage, and lots that lay down strike tiles, and lots of tanks, there's only two (widow and hood; shut up and go sit in the corner, psylocke) that have non-matching AP Denial. She isn't overpowered, she just has a broadly useful ability that's still fairly unique.
  • OBW isn't that bad, and I don't have a redonculous roster. I will pick a fight with OBW over a Classic Storm any day
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Depending on your levels you might want to take out Storm first due to her Raging Tempest. A strong molotov to any team with Storm, if she survives, will come back to bite you.
    Seriously. I discovered that in LoT. I had been doing Lightning Rounds but did LoT with 141 Patch/Punisher and buffed lazyThor (I think he was an unbuffed level 70) and I miscalculated the effect of berzerker rage/molotov. Used both and took everyone else out but Classic Storm. She managed to take out my entire team. Patch and Punisher both had 5,800 health. She cast at least 5 raging tempests.

I guess she should be nerfed.
  • I really want to see a PVE where we're all forced to use Bagman. Make him required for every mission. That'll get some folks riled up.

^I really want this. I'd like a reason to level him up and goof around with him. If his abilities were a little cheaper and snarky remark had a secondary ability then he could be fun.

I think if we got a Lazy OBW then all the people with 3* rosters could start complaining about her too icon_razz.gif

I think people just hate being beat by a lady.
This discussion has been closed.