** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
[anchor=blackwidow2]Black Widow (Original)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 3430 Tile damage: 10/11/49/55/09/43/4.0
    Aggressive Recon - Purple 5 purpletile.png
    Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
      Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.
      Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
      Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage.
        Level 2: Add 3 to timers. Level 3: Costs 2 AP less. Level 4: Adds 4 to timers. Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present.
      Max Level: Heals 1139HP
      (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)
        Espionage - Black PASSIVE
        Black Widow steals enemy secrets. When she attacks by making a Purple match and the enemy has Purple AP, she steals 1 from them.
          Level 2: Also steals 1 Blue AP when making a Blue match. Level 3: Also steals 1 Black AP when making a Black match. Level 4: Also deals 6 damage when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match. Level 5: Increases damage to 12 when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
        Max Level: 112 additional damage

older version
        [anchor=blackwidow2]Black Widow (Original)[/anchor]
        2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Wiki link
        At Max Level: HP: 3315 Tile damage: 10/11/45/50/9/39
          Aggressive Recon - Purple 5 AP
          Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.
            Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
            Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Add 3 to timers. Level 3: Costs 2 AP less. Level 4: Adds 4 to timers. Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present.
            Max Level: Heals 1139HP
            (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)
              Espionage - Black Passive
              (PASSIVE) Black Widow steals enemy secrets. When she attacks by making a Purple match and the enemy has Purple AP, she steals 1 from them.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Also steals 1 Blue AP when making a Blue match. Level 3: Also steals 1 Black AP when making a Black match. Level 4: Also deals 6 damage when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match. Level 5: Increases damage to 12 when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
              Max Level: 112 additional damage

Modified by moderator Nonce Equitaur 1 Apr 2014.
              Original post by IceIX.

Black Widow (Original)
              2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)
                Aggressive Recon - Purple 5 AP Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion. Level Upgrades
                Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage. Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Add 3 to timers. Level 3: Costs 2 AP less. Level 4: Adds 4 to timers. Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present. (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)
                Espionage - Black Passive Not yet implemented. Coming soon!

Her color Strengths are Black, Blue, Purple in that order. Crit of 4x, EO tile of 3.

Comments

• Good to see a 2* that has an heal ability, assuming it scales decently with level, she looks like she can see use over 1* Widow if you already have a stunner on your team like C.Storm
              • Seems like it's more cost effective than Iron Man as an AP-pump. Glad to see she's not super OP right off the bat!
              • Pleased to see another character with a heal.
              • That purple is amazing. I wonder what her health is like?
              • Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
                Level Upgrades

Level 2: Add 3 to timers.
                Level 3: Costs 2 AP less.
                Level 4: Adds 4 to timers.
                Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present. (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)

well..nice add for 2star. level 3 blue is enough. i wonder her passive black. if its EVASION, damn that's good for support!! definitely 3rd filler for most team
              • I hope Espionage is more like a 'leech' ability. Something for the people without The Hood.
              • Lol someone's obviously a MASSIVE Widow fan in the dev team! There's over 5000 characters in the Marvel Universe and we already have 2 of her!! We should have a Black Widow day where we use all 3 in a team then whoever the fan is can get their fix and we can move onto someone else! icon_lol.gif
              • HulkSmash wrote:
                Lol someone's obviously a MASSIVE Widow fan in the dev team! There's over 5000 characters in the Marvel Universe and we already have 2 of her!! We should have a Black Widow day where we use all 3 in a team then whoever the fan is can get their fix and we can move onto someone else! icon_lol.gif

Actually this makes 3 widows now icon_e_wink.gif
                I hope Espionage is more like a 'leech' ability. Something for the people without The Hood.

Given one ability already steals AP I sincerely doubt they will get a second on the same character.
              • Haha thats what I mean! We already had 2 -> now we can make a whole team of Widows! icon_e_biggrin.gif
              • HulkSmash wrote:
                Haha thats what I mean! We already had 2 -> now we can make a whole team of Widows! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately you can only have one of any character on a team, even if they are 'different'
              • More like 4 since their is a Dark Black Widow lol
              • At L6 she has 350 hp and tile strengths of 3 R/G/Y, 5 Blue/blk, 6 P

I didn't check the blue power before adding the 2nd card, but a L2 blue at L6 heals 108 to all.
              • She suffers from the same problem as many other characters. Her purple skill is most useful at level 1, and to get her to max level you're forced to upgrade it to at least level 3. She probably won't be in my A-team, for the same reason Iron Man 40 sat out. Increasing skill level is not always best, and that is an issue that needs to be resolved.
              • Bombul wrote:
                She suffers from the same problem as many other characters. Her purple skill is most useful at level 1, and to get her to max level you're forced to upgrade it to at least level 3. She probably won't be in my A-team, for the same reason Iron Man 40 sat out. Increasing skill level is not always best, and that is an issue that needs to be resolved.

It's net cost is only 2 higher at level 5... 5 vs 11 (-4). It'll take longer to do the first but any after will be barely longer.
              • So, my comic knowledge is weak. Since her cover is from "X-Men First Class", does that mean this Widow is affected by both the X-Men and Mutant damage boosts?
              • HulkSmash wrote:
                Lol someone's obviously a MASSIVE Widow fan in the dev team! There's over 5000 characters in the Marvel Universe and we already have 2 of her!! We should have a Black Widow day where we use all 3 in a team then whoever the fan is can get their fix and we can move onto someone else! icon_lol.gif
                just wait when the new character is another ver of hawkeye icon_mrgreen.gif
                HULK
                SENTRY
                IRON PATRIOT
                EMMA FROST
                CYCLOPS
                at least,need new xmen
              • Spoit
                Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
                Ranzera wrote:
                Bombul wrote:
                She suffers from the same problem as many other characters. Her purple skill is most useful at level 1, and to get her to max level you're forced to upgrade it to at least level 3. She probably won't be in my A-team, for the same reason Iron Man 40 sat out. Increasing skill level is not always best, and that is an issue that needs to be resolved.

It's net cost is only 2 higher at level 5... 5 vs 11 (-4). It'll take longer to do the first but any after will be barely longer.
                I was going to say that 5 lets you get it off immediately with boosts... But yeah that would be silly
              • areacode212
                areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
                fatcatfan wrote:
                So, my comic knowledge is weak. Since her cover is from "X-Men First Class", does that mean this Widow is affected by both the X-Men and Mutant damage boosts?

She shouldn't be, since she's neither an X-Man or a Mutant. She's on the cover of that particular issue because she teams up with Scarlet Witch or something (X-Men First Class featured stories that took place in that early era of Marvel, which is why she & Jean Grey are dressed in their original costumes).

But you're right, it would be nice if the game displayed characters' affiliations somewhere, so we know which Boosts affect them. Obviously those of us who are familiar with the characters know what teams they're on, but not everyone knows this stuff, and it's still not all that clear even if you do. Is Original Black Widow considered an Avenger, even though she wasn't a member when she wore that costume? Also, I assume that Yelena Belova is affected by the anti-Dark Avengers boost because of the in-game Prologue campaign, but she technically wasn't in the comics Dark Avengers.
              • HulkSmash wrote:
                just wait when the new character is another ver of hawkeye icon_mrgreen.gif
                HULK
                SENTRY
                IRON PATRIOT
                EMMA FROST
                CYCLOPS
                at least,need new xmen

Haha that's funny but Ronin would be a sick character
              • Dayv
                Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                Does her heal power scale with level? I've raised mine from 6 to 8 and it's still 100 points. I can't raise her any higher without digging into HP.
              This discussion has been closed.