** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• Too late, already went 5 blue icon_e_sad.gif Ah well, 3k is still not a whole lot either. AP steal is good enough for me.
  • Too late, already went 5 blue icon_e_sad.gif Ah well, 3k is still not a whole lot either. AP steal is good enough for me.

No worries I'm sure respeccing will be here soon!
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    On reflection, that HP total does look way off. That's only slightly over a level 40 1 Star Widow. I'm not going to promise any changes, but I'm going to go poke a designer on it. It's possible that they didn't implement the HP scaling correctly on her since the third ability wasn't active.

My level 69 Widow (Original) has 2555 HP. I assume it will continue to go up, rather than down as she levels to 85.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Bainee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    On reflection, that HP total does look way off. That's only slightly over a level 40 1 Star Widow. I'm not going to promise any changes, but I'm going to go poke a designer on it. It's possible that they didn't implement the HP scaling correctly on her since the third ability wasn't active.

My level 69 Widow (Original) has 2555 HP. I assume it will continue to go up, rather than down as she levels to 85.
    Err, yes. The post just after clarified. Scaling was off on the debug build that I used for the 85 check. Max HP is actually 3115.
  • Even in her current status, this widow is definitely something to watch out for. Combined with The Hood, it's almost a match without the enemy using abilities. And the 3rd member is personal choice, but I am using IM40 for the ap recharge.

Anyways, Can't wait for passive to finally be released. The build I have in mind will probably end up being a 4/5/4 build, considering the way I have/will be using her.

This keeps both abilities at 10/9 ap cost, which is very doable, and combined with her passive, should make up for the lack of stealing purple to begin with.
  • I'm weighing up whether to go 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. decisions,decisions...
  • I'm weighing up whether to go 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. decisions,decisions...

I decided to go for the latter because I want max steal. That is what the character can do best and I personally like this idea. although many pros on this forum will surely disagree with me icon_e_smile.gif because of the fast based meta etc.
  • Mommson wrote:
    I'm weighing up whether to go 3/5/5 or 5/5/3. decisions,decisions...

I decided to go for the latter because I want max steal. That is what the character can do best and I personally like this idea. although many pros on this forum will surely disagree with me icon_e_smile.gif because of the fast based meta etc.

The extra cost of the steal is what puts me off - it's not useful if it takes the whole match to get enough purple to use it, also not as good on defensive. The AI will rarely pull it off before she's downed.
    Espionage on the other hand has better defence - by providing more damage on tile matches the AI makes, but is otherwise useless to me offensively as I'd be using my tank to match tiles whenever possible keeping her safe.
  • The extra cost of the steal is what puts me off - it's not useful if it takes the whole match to get enough purple to use it, also not as good on defensive. The AI will rarely pull it off before she's downed.
    Espionage on the other hand has better defence - by providing more damage on tile matches the AI makes, but is otherwise useless to me offensively as I'd be using my tank to match tiles whenever possible keeping her safe.
    Pretty sure whoever matches on offense is whoever matches on defense. Unless you mean switching to another team on defense.

11 AP is fine. Many abilities sit in the 10-12 range-- Recharge, Deceptive Tactics, Translocation, Web Bandages, Cap and Hawkeye's skills, etc. Besides, not much reason to use it early when the opponent doesn't even have anything to steal.

Going 5/5/3 because I don't really care to sell off covers.
  • Pretty sure whoever matches on offense is whoever matches on defense. Unless you mean switching to another team on defense.

11 AP is fine. Many abilities sit in the 10-12 range-- Recharge, Deceptive Tactics, Translocation, Web Bandages, Cap and Hawkeye's skills, etc. Besides, not much reason to use it early when the opponent doesn't even have anything to steal.

No, I'm meaning that when I have her in my team, I will be keeping her in the background as much as possible by choosing not to match her tiles if I have others available - thus keeping my tank in the front to soak up the damage.
    On defense I have no control obviously, and so the AI will be more likely to use her to match tiles. So in that scenario a 5 in Espionage, would at least do more damage to my attacker. Whereas she would probably be already downed by the time she reached 11AP .
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure whoever matches on offense is whoever matches on defense. Unless you mean switching to another team on defense.

No, I'm meaning that when I have her in my team, I will be keeping her in the background as much as possible by choosing not to match her tiles if I have others available - thus keeping my tank in the front to soak up the damage.
    On defense I have no control obviously, and so the AI will be more likely to use her to match tiles. So in that scenario a 5 in Espionage, would at least do more damage to my attacker. Whereas she would probably be already downed by the time she reached 11AP .
    Oh defense, the other player chooses who to attack anyway
  • Spoit wrote:
    Oh defense, the other player chooses who to attack anyway

They can choose who to attack, but tile damage is still based on which character is strongest with that colour, regardless of who they have put in front.
  • So what do we think? Next weekly tourney with Punisher as the top rewards and black Original Widow covers at lower tiers?
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    So what do we think? Next weekly tourney with Punisher as the top rewards and black Original Widow covers at lower tiers?

To be honest, I was expecting her Black over the weekend... there still wasn't a single chance to get it, unless it was added to packs (which would make sense with two other colours being already there)
  • Same here, I really expected to see her in this weekend event.
  • Yeah, I'd love to get some black covers for her. I don't know that I'll use her regularly, but I think she will wind up on my 2* team.
  • So what's the consensus best build now?

I've got a 2/3/0 with 2 pink covers in my stash right now. Not sure whether to use them or not.
  • She's great for PvE, countering countdowns and keeping everybody healed.
  • jozier wrote:
    So what's the consensus best build now?

I've got a 2/3/0 with 2 pink covers in my stash right now. Not sure whether to use them or not.

I think there is no consensus icon_e_biggrin.gif Though my preferred build will be 3/5/5 (at 3/5/0 right now). Black passive should make up for lack of stealing black and purple with purple skill.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    So what's the consensus best build now?

I would sell those purple covers myself, to wait for blue and black. I don't think the increased AP are worth it.
This discussion has been closed.