** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    Posted the Patch R43 Preview which has the description for Espionage in it.
  • Now that we know what the black skill is, is 5/3/5 the way to go?
  • 100 extra damage per attack for 5 black. Equivalent to about 2 Daken strike tiles or 1 Wolvie strike tile. Hmmm, it's nice I suppose, but considering I already have enough covers to max out blue, it's tempting to just use those up. 5/3/5 is still my ideal, but I'm lazy when it comes to card hunting.
  • 100 extra damage per attack for 5 black. Equivalent to about 2 Daken strike tiles or 1 Wolvie strike tile. Hmmm, it's nice I suppose, but considering I already have enough covers to max out blue, it's tempting to just use those up. 5/3/5 is still my ideal, but I'm lazy when it comes to card hunting.

I have a blue in my stash that would get her to 4...but I havent used it yet
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    This would fit better in the other thread, sorry.
  • Keep in mind she has to make the match. If you're teaming her up with another high level blue/black/purple strong character, you won't get a boost unless she is matching.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Now that we know what the black skill is, is 5/3/5 the way to go?

Personally, I am more inclined to 3/5/5. At 5 blue she always heals and I like that (1139 at max level for 9AP)
  • Shikao wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Personally, I am more inclined to 3/5/5. At 5 blue she always heals and I like that (1139 at max level for 9AP)

There's so many better blue skills though :/
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Shikao wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

There's so many better blue skills though :/

If you want to use her black passive to maximum, it would be best if she is on purple, black and blue tiles, which means you really shouldn't have other strong blue character (and that goes usually with skill)
  • I'm voting for 3/5/5. With her black skill the AP steal of purple is less important. I'd go for 2/5/5 if it wasn't for the level and power loss. And while her blue skill isn't as good as Spidey's, it's really very good for a 2*. It's essentially the opposite of C Storm's. The countdown increase has saved me several times in Heroic Venom already, and if someone does use a countdown cover in pvp the it's a good counter there too.

And it lets me use the blue cover I just got and level her up more for the Reinforcements tourney.
  • I guess it depends how hard her matches hit at max. If she hits for 40-50. Then she might be extremely good with her black skill. But if she's paired with spiderman, she would probably be left with only matching black. I have kept her for a future two star tournament if there ever is one. Her, storm and thor would make a nice team.
  • I've started pairing her with Modern Storm and Iron Man Model 40. The theory is that Iron Man is an absolute AP-hog with a giant payoff, but Storm can generate AP (with her green) and Widow can generate AP (with her purple, and eventually black), and Iron Man can add to the AP-generating chaos with his yellow. Widow's blue healing ability is nice to recover the health lost while setting up the AP-generation, and then Iron Man cleans everything up once he's powered-up.
  • IceIX
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    I guess it depends how hard her matches hit at max. If she hits for 40-50. Then she might be extremely good with her black skill. But if she's paired with spiderman, she would probably be left with only matching black. I have kept her for a future two star tournament if there ever is one. Her, storm and thor would make a nice team.
    Max stats at 85 are:
    10 / 11 / 45 / 9 / 50 / 39 / 4.0x / 3
    Level 4 Anti-Gravity Device heals for 1139
    Level 5 Espionage hits for an additional 112
  • IceIX wrote:
    Max stats at 85 are:

Big Big thanks, would you please be so kind as to also give us her max Hit Points? ^^ For the List
  • IceIX
    Mommson wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Max stats at 85 are:

Big Big thanks, would you please be so kind as to also give us her max Hit Points? ^^ For the List
    Max HP is 1652. Kinda squishy, but given that she can heal herself for 2/3s of her life, fair enough I think.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Kinda squishy, but given that she can heal herself for 2/3s of her life, fair enough I think.

Ouch. Not when there are plenty of characters that can one-shot her. Yikes.
  • Yup, giving her blue+purple+black just for passive is asking for trouble. I'd settle for her only attacking purple+black.

With that HP, I think I'll go 5/5/3 and leave her for PVE.
  • IceIX
    On reflection, that HP total does look way off. That's only slightly over a level 40 1 Star Widow. I'm not going to promise any changes, but I'm going to go poke a designer on it. It's possible that they didn't implement the HP scaling correctly on her since the third ability wasn't active.
  • IceIX
    IceIX wrote:
    On reflection, that HP total does look way off. That's only slightly over a level 40 1 Star Widow. I'm not going to promise any changes, but I'm going to go poke a designer on it. It's possible that they didn't implement the HP scaling correctly on her since the third ability wasn't active.

And back even quicker. Yep, that was the case. False alarm! Max HP is 3115.
  • That sounds a little better, thanks icon_e_smile.gif
This discussion has been closed.