** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• Shikao wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    So what's the consensus best build now?

I've got a 2/3/0 with 2 pink covers in my stash right now. Not sure whether to use them or not.

I think there is no consensus icon_e_biggrin.gif Though my preferred build will be 3/5/5 (at 3/5/0 right now). Black passive should make up for lack of stealing black and purple with purple skill.

Yeah I agree on the no consensus thing. I will definitely go 5/5/3 for max steal ^^ what I steal more with that I can do more damage with skills and don't need the extra damage from the black in my opinion. I also try to defy the fast play/few turn meta heavily icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • One of my favorite characters thus far for PVE. Wish she had more HP though! One slip up and the AI can wreck her. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX any word on when black covers will be available. I expected to at least see them for this week's tourney awards. Seems like the weekend would be the earliest we could see them.
  • I have no use for Black AP so I'm shooting for 2/5/5. She doesn't need to be max level since she's likely to be out-statted by my other team members and I want her in the back as often as possible anyway.
  • Her black effectively turns each purple match 3 to a match 4 for AP (assuming enemy has purple). So even at 3/5/1, her purple ability could often be activated with only 2 matches. You might want that black AP to pair her with Punisher.
  • @IceIX any word on when black covers will be available. I expected to at least see them for this week's tourney awards. Seems like the weekend would be the earliest we could see them.
    Along similar (if not identical) lines, specifically, has black been added to packs yet? If not, looks like I'll be hording tokens for a little while...
  • She's nice for PvE if you don't have Spiderman, but otherwise I can't find a use for her. I love that there is a cheaper agressive recon, but it's hard to justify taking her along just for that.
  • Shikao wrote:
    To be honest, I was expecting her Black over the weekend... there still wasn't a single chance to get it, unless it was added to packs (which would make sense with two other colours being already there)

Black is in packs. I was lucky from Heroic pack (reward for lightning round)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Yep, I can confirm that Black is dropping from all packs that would normally contain it.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Yep, I can confirm that Black is dropping from all packs that would normally contain it.

My son just got one on a 1* token. I'm considering his punishment...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

My son just got one on a 1* token. I'm considering his punishment...

I just did the same thing. Blame me, I'm a bad influence.
  • Ist pulled one from standard pack icon_e_smile.gif
    She is 3/5/1 now... Really dot know whether I should go 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 icon_e_confused.gif
  • Arclight wrote:
    Ist pulled one from standard pack icon_e_smile.gif
    She is 3/5/1 now... Really dot know whether I should go 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 icon_e_confused.gif
    Depends who you use her with, but I'd say 5/5/3. 3/5/5 could work well with Widow/c.Storm, Widow/Punisher teams or Widow/Wolvie teams. Can't think of any other team off the top of my head where 3/5/5 is better. The problem is that in trying to find a character with green, they usually also have red; Rags, Wolvie, Punisher, Thor, etc.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    she is one of the prizes in the new tournament, however her rare black card is not being offered is one of the prizes. Why is that?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    she is one of the prizes in the new tournament, however her rare black card is not being offered is one of the prizes. Why is that?
  • I pulled one last night from a 1* token pull (she is now 3/5/1)! Had to run her in No Holds Barred and she was great! Leveled her up to max (54) and luckily she wins the tie breaker with Spider-Man (65 - guess lower level wins a tie?) so she takes purple. Was cool getting 4 per match if the opponent has a purple. Really like being able to steal colors for only 8 purple as well. It was hard for opponents to get anything off on me and all the purple matches had me pretty well defended with Spider-Man protect tiles (wish better protect tiles would replace weaker ones when you are maxed and match purple with web tiles on the board). The only problem is that she sucks at defense. Took some attacks overnight. Next time I will probably swap in 73 IM40 or someone when I stop for the night.

Wish her black was up for grabs in No Holds Barred. I'd then be tanking down to that reward level. Trying for exactly 2nd is a bit tedious.
  • Got her today. I don't really want it, but considering it was the first cover I needed in like 50+ pulls, I'll take it.
  • Really? I enjoyed using her - the other BWs cost too much to steal colors with in my opinion. Variety is the spice of life and all that icon_e_wink.gif
  • I have 3 black on her. The passive looks pretty good. I have her @ lvl6 2/3/3, I haven't tried her yet. She look squishy so I didnt bother to dump iso on her.
  • I have one. Would love to get more. Wish they would fix the tournament rewards but the game seems to be on autopilot at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.