** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    Really? I enjoyed using her - the other BWs cost too much to steal colors with in my opinion. Variety is the spice of life and all that icon_e_wink.gif
    She's good, but I have enough support characters that I rotate through. What I really need is to get some offensive characters. Still looking to complete Wolvie.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Really? I enjoyed using her - the other BWs cost too much to steal colors with in my opinion. Variety is the spice of life and all that icon_e_wink.gif
    She's good, but I have enough support characters that I rotate through. What I really need is to get some offensive characters. Still looking to complete Wolvie.

You're really unlucky with your Wolverine, are you? But I can feel with you, took me The Hunt placement to finish him off...

But to topic: No I don't have her but I would like it very much, have her at 5/5/0 at the moment and am just waiting for one black to start using Iso on her
  • I was trying to figure out a team with her and The Hood. Leaching all that AP seems like it would work, but I couldn't think of the perfect third wheel to deal the damage. Maybe Classic Magneto?
  • Today's version of the tournament has her black. I'm 3/5/1 right now. Thinking that I want to max her black as her purple at 3 is right where I like it. 8pt steal of 3 of each I color except for purple. Not sure it is worth 2more purple to get to 4 of each. Really like being able to steal early in the game - especially with boosts and often twice. My gut says to take her 3/5/5 but if I get the 10-25 prize on Friday then will have an extra purple on my hands. Purple at 5 gives back 4 purple (if the enemy has it) for a cost of 3 more pts. Hrmm... What do you guys think is the optimal build?
  • Looks like her black is on the list this half of the week in the 11-25 reward. I think I'll go for it so I can level her up some more and level Spidey without him taking her purple (and blue). Need green and purple for GSBW but not sure I'll play her until I have a high level Rags. Hate to tank to 11 and only use 1 of the covers but don't think I want to take her past 3 purple. What build do you guys think is best for her?
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Looks like her black is on the list this half of the week in the 11-25 reward. I think I'll go for it so I can level her up some more and level Spidey without him taking her purple (and blue). Need green and purple for GSBW but not sure I'll play her until I have a high level Rags. Hate to tank to 11 and only use 1 of the covers but don't think I want to take her past 3 purple. What build do you guys think is best for her?

Same exact boat here, but I want the black cover. Currently 3/5/1
  • I'm with you; I think 3/5/5 is the way to go. I really want to play with her black though; getting that extra purple on the steal might change my mind and go 4/4/5 instead.
  • At 3/5/1 I already have her blue maxed so no option there for me though I can see the argument for going with 4pt steal for 2 more purple pts. The 50% heal even with countdowns is not a big deal to give up I think. My problem is that I really value the 8pt Aggressive Recon. I would have probably left it at 7pts and given up black if I did not want the cover for leveling up.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Same exact boat here, but I want the black cover. Currently 3/5/1

Want the black too - what do you plan to do with your purple? Is 3/5/5 the answer or should purple be bumped up further? If you go 5/5/3 then you give up the bonus damage for OBW matches in excahnge for 4pt steal and the addition of purple for an extra 3 purple cost. Hate to take the skill up to 11 as I really like being able to quickly grab points from the enemy if they are about to blast me.
  • Yeah, I'm planning 3/5/5, but I don't think there's one true way to build her.
  • I'm at 2/1/1. Only thing I had was the 2/1 from her introduction. Ever since she was introduced I've had other rewards to aim for, got her black power just yesterday from a lucky heroic token pull.
  • I'm 3/5/1 now and planning 3/5/5 for quicker access to Aggressive Recon early game. It's been very effective at keeping Mjolner out of Thor's hands...

5/5/3 is probably OK - take slightly longer to activate AR but when you do you'll have more purple flowing your way since AR steals purple at level 5. I don't like games lasting long enough for that to matter, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yea - I think 3/5/5 is still my preference lest she sit with the other BWs that I've stopped using because Aggressive Recon costs too much. Was trying to make a case for winning top 25 and making use of more than just the black cover but I don't think it makes sense. If my bracket has someone going for first I may go for 2nd for the GSBW covers I need and the extra 75HP over top 25 and then pay the additional HP to upgrade the O BW black cover.
  • A thor mv40 and a 2/5/5 widow makes a good team feeding red and yellow to thor, and ending with a good heal.

Out side of that team, i can only put her next to a doom or a punisher. But her big problem is that to use her passive she must tank and she doesnt have the hp to do that.
  • someguy wrote:
    Interesting. So she'll eventually cap at 85 rather than 69 once her 3rd ability gets added.

Still not sure she'll make my main team, but interesting nonetheless.

I agree that the added costs at the higher level really seem to cap her usefulness. Her level 1 purple seems amazingly cost-efficient. Level 5? Not so much.
    Brandonz13 wrote:
    Haha that's funny but Ronin would be a sick character

Blecch. I'm gonna beg to differ here. No more bow-and-arrow guys please.

D3P still has Hulks to implement after all icon_lol.gif

Ronin uses nunchaku
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darkon wrote:
    But her big problem is that to use her passive she must tank and she doesnt have the hp to do that.
    Does her power trigger on cascade matches, or only the initial match?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Darkon wrote:
    But her big problem is that to use her passive she must tank and she doesnt have the hp to do that.

My assumption has been that it would be just like Daken or Bullseye, so any match, but I don't have the skill high enough.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Darkon wrote:

Triggers on cascades.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Darkon wrote:

Triggers on cascades.

Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Misguided wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Darkon wrote:

Triggers on cascades.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Does the tiles have to bear her symbol to activate the passive? Or can I run her with a spidey who's tiles do more damage?
This discussion has been closed.