Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• Ugh. Those lvl 200+ goons are a serious pain in the rear and this is only the first day. I hope I don't end up having all lvl 230 nodes for the rest of the event icon_neutral.gif
  • Lazy Cap and The Hood are BFF's. Throw Ares or Punisher into the mix and you can really start piling up the damage.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs love to have people use Spidey stunlock
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Lazy Shieldbro and The Totallynotconsortingwithdemons are BFF's. Throw Axedude or Littlebunnypunpun into the mix and you can really start piling up the damage.

These names really make this post.
    They really do.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    The devs love to have people use BagofEpicness stunlock

Oddly enough, Spidey has sat on the sidelines this time.

This comes from a Spider-crack junkie.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've tended to shy away from Spidey-lock: matches move a lot quicker when you're focused on damage instead.
  • The buffed heroes are just so strong in general that there's no need to play defensive when you can go through 10K HP in 3 turns.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When do we get new nodes?
  • I'm starting to wonder if the game tilts the percentages on the first gold token you get in these events.

I didn't have a Lazycap cover coming into this, and got one from that first gold token. Funnily enough, this also happened to me with Black Panther. I did have a Daredevil for the first PVE event with him but got another one from the first gold token that time. Same with Psylocke.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but maybe it's Maybelline.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The buffed heroes are just so strong in general that there's no need to play defensive when you can go through 10K HP in 3 turns.

Who needs buffed heroes when you can brute force every match in the game down with C. Mags / Punisher / Hood icon_e_biggrin.gif.
  • I just cannot stop using the SlightlyScarletSpider. I know that I played this game for months without him, but I forget how.

Looks like a Misfit is on top of our bracket now, followed by a bunch of randoms. I almost miss Sir Catsington. In my mind's eye he was my most adorable nemesis.
  • Yup I'm starting to wonder how I will make any points with the high lvl goons im facing right now. Im still 2* transitioning to three* but even with the buff my guys are still only at low 100s and the goons have already reached lvl 130s for most of my battles. Really hoping I just clear high point nodes and stay in there to try and win johnny Hallestorm.

I have a Lv 71 C. Storm, Lv 71 Thor and Lv. 45 Widow and I'm doing fine on the 100 + goons because the buffs really make you strong, especially for Wind Storm and Thor's Red and Yellow attacks.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    I'm starting to wonder if the game tilts the percentages on the first gold token you get in these events.

I didn't have a Lazycap cover coming into this, and got one from that first gold token. Funnily enough, this also happened to me with Stormbeau. I did have a Seenoevil for the first PVE event with him but got another one from the first gold token that time. Same with Ninjaactiongirl.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but maybe it's Maybelline.

My wife bought the 10 pack to try for Cap

8 storm
    1 OBW
    1 Thor

She got her first progression token
    Storm

The odds of pulling 8 storms is almost the same as pulling 7 3* covers by the odds they posted.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know it's probably been asked, but I'd like some clarification on brackets and refreshes for this event.

I joined a few hours after it started, cleared each node 2-3 times over ~2 hours. This left me at #2 in my bracket. I've been checking ladder on and off between LR's, and in the last hour I've slipped to #7 but my stacks aren't starting to refresh.

Just curious as to the mechanics behind this. I assume brackets are large enough that the one I ended up in when I started ~7 hours ago is full. In this case, what sort of strategy are the people that are now overtaking me using? Do they complete 1 mission to enter a bracket early, then wait and push just before the first refresh to take advantage of the rubber-banding? Is there some chance that I was close to the last person to enter my bracket, and these people have started hitting their refreshes?

I was having a look at nodes and 1 of them is at 230 already (interestingly the others have a pretty broad range of levels).

Since I've maxed or very nearly maxed all of the powered up heroes, + soft capped Cap, I feel like I really have a chance to place highly in this event and I'd like to give myself the best chance.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    I know it's probably been asked, but I'd like some clarification on brackets and refreshes for this event.

I joined a few hours after it started, cleared each node 2-3 times over ~2 hours. This left me at #2 in my bracket. I've been checking ladder on and off between LR's, and in the last hour I've slipped to #7 but my stacks aren't starting to refresh.

Just curious as to the mechanics behind this. I assume brackets are large enough that the one I ended up in when I started ~7 hours ago is full. In this case, what sort of strategy are the people that are now overtaking me using? Do they complete 1 mission to enter a bracket early, then wait and push just before the first refresh to take advantage of the rubber-banding? Is there some chance that I was close to the last person to enter my bracket, and these people have started hitting their refreshes?

I was having a look at nodes and 1 of them is at 230 already (interestingly the others have a pretty broad range of levels).

Since I've maxed or very nearly maxed all of the powered up heroes, + soft capped Cap, I feel like I really have a chance to place highly in this event and I'd like to give myself the best chance.

Refreshes are every 12 hours. The people probably just did one mission and waited until now to complete the others for rubberbanding, as you said. Since theres only one main bracket, you can always rubberband your way to the top, so the only thing that matters are the very last couple of refreshes: you want to be first going into the last refresh, and play as close to the end of the event as possible to maximize rubberbanding. What you do before barely matters because of rubberbanding so just go for mission rewards and such, while staying somewhat near the top (top 20 is probably enough).
  • Is it safe to assume that the mission nodes switches every 24 hour fixed interval?
  • Yep, the event's been up for over 24 hours so we can easily determine its mechanisms past the 24 hour point.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, the amount of nodes on the world map are it for this event? You just keep grinding those for a week?

How incredibly dull.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    So, the amount of nodes on the world map are it for this event? You just keep grinding those for a week?

How incredibly dull.

The pop-up says "New missions appear every day!"
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options

How incredibly dull.

Nah, they change... after 36 hours? I wanna say 36 hours.

Abruptly, even.