Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• MikeHock wrote:
    That awful pack in which there is a "greater chance for Mr Rogers Cap" is a effing joke.

75% chance to get 2* characters!? Who is going to waste 3800 hero point with no guarantee that you'll even get a 3* character?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They did this with Lazy Thor. It's pathetic. Offer at least one guaranteed featured character!!!!!!!!!

That's a bold statement.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    That awful pack in which there is a "greater chance for Mr Rogers Cap" is a effing joke.

75% chance to get 2* characters!? Who is going to waste 3800 hero point with no guarantee that you'll even get a 3* character?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They did this with Lazy Thor. It's pathetic. Offer at least one guaranteed featured character!!!!!!!!!

That's a bold statement.
    Not a bold request???
  • Played Venezuela twice at 3x 230, went in for a third and it was 3x 70

Oh scaling-chan, when will you NOT be abrupt and bizarre
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Played Venezuela twice at 3x 230, went in for a third and it was 3x 70

Haven't played any nodes yet today, but I went in and checked their levels after reading your post. All of my goons have dropped from 230's to low 100's and under.

So weird.
  • Oh Obpatchoki, how I've missed you. Venezuela with the levels starting at 230 was bliss. I ground it down to 1 just because with that team it's like god mode. If I ever want to level Loki over 80 someone smack me.

Did every other mission once which was good for #3 at the time, down to 5 now. Didn't even think of using Spidey once, hopefully that keeps up icon_e_smile.gif

Nice to see some forumites in my bracket: Liaomiao and Kiddicarus. I won't be very active in this event so I'll root for the two of you.
  • gamar wrote:

Haven't played any nodes yet today, but I went in and checked their levels after reading your post. All of my goons have dropped from 230's to low 100's and under.

So weird.

Ha, right after I got Venezuela down to 1 point I got one of the stealth updates. Didn't bother to check again but sure enough they are now level 116s instead of 230s.
  • so are the refresh 12 hours again in this event?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    gamar wrote:

So weird.

Ha, right after I got Venezuela down to 1 point I got one of the stealth updates. Didn't bother to check again but sure enough they are now level 116s instead of 230s.

Yeahh, right after I finish the missions, all of the levels plummet.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok, this ends todays run. 10290p. Goons are way easier than 230 juggernauts, ill give you that.
    I've got Jozier trailing behind me by like 70 p, i think im 2nd by now
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, most of my goon nodes are still 230. Not that it's actually slowing me down any (OBW + Patch = short goon fights).
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For the goon missions, I like to run M. Storm/OBW/MN.Magneto.

It's pretty much unstoppable board control. Storm clears env. tiles and throws an occasional green to gather AP or luck into a CD clear. Magneto uses purple to generate crit tiles and blues for OBW to extend CD tiles.

My levels have dropped as well, but even when the goons were 230, it was only a half dozen turns or less before I had complete control and coasted to a victory.

It's a pretty easy option for 2* players if you have the covers. You don't even need to be leveled up that high. Although the crit's won't hit as hard, so the match may take a little longer, but it's relatively safe. If for some reason you can't get control quickly, just retreat and retry.

You can also use c. storm, but I prefer m. storm for the env. tiles and static 16 tiles for 10 green against goons. DO NOT use her black as Magneto cannot overwrite attack tiles.
  • Played the missions enough to see less than 100 points on everything. That feels like a reasonable amount of playing; took like 30 minutes. My levels are lower than ever. Scaling doesn't make any **** sense. Sitting in first with 10400 points now. Hopefully we get new missions any minute now.
  • Missions just got replaced. So it's just like last time. Full point refresh after 12 hours, new nodes after 24. Cool.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh Obpatchoki, how I've missed you. Venezuela with the levels starting at 230 was bliss. I ground it down to 1 just because with that team it's like god mode. If I ever want to level Loki over 80 someone smack me.

Did every other mission once which was good for #3 at the time, down to 5 now. Didn't even think of using Spidey once, hopefully that keeps up icon_e_smile.gif

Nice to see some forumites in my bracket: Liaomiao and Kiddicarus. I won't be very active in this event so I'll root for the two of you.

Can't say for sure that I'll be a contender for this event either, midway through I've got a 4 day business trip so I'll only be playing if my schedule/hotel internet permits.

The levels dropped to <100 after playing a few nodes but I imagine the goons will scale up again. I'm using OBW to delay countdowns - no stunlocking but the natural by-product of her blue power is buffed healing. I imagine it'll be quite tough to avoid scaling based on the fact that I'm ending every fight with a full tank.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Is the Venom/Juggernaut mission supposed to still be around, or is that a mistake?

Also, the Miss Marvel mission says "team up with Cap" but isn't an "Essential"...
  • Okay points for round two missions are as follows:-

West coast Smugglers: 30
    Ms. Marvel: 50
    Relationship Issues: 70
    Dockside Deal: 140
    Crossing Borders: 160
    Heist in Spain: 170
    Iso 8 Folly: 200
    Iso 8 Hoarders: 260

This is the same total of points as the last round.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Missions just got replaced. So it's just like last time. Full point refresh after 12 hours, new nodes after 24. Cool.

Thanks Rig.
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Played the missions enough to see less than 100 points on everything. That feels like a reasonable amount of playing; took like 30 minutes. My levels are lower than ever. Scaling doesn't make any tinykitty sense. Sitting in first with 10400 points now. Hopefully we get new missions any minute now.

With no subevent rewards, and I'm assuming that rubberbanding carries throughout the event, I'm only at rank 58 right now because I don't feel like I have to manage my playing clock very strictly - rather than needing to set aside a couple of hours 14 hours and 2 hours before the sub ends, I just play two or three matches on a node that's topped up when I have the time - which is exactly what I've been wanting from these events all along. Hopefully that rubberbanding means I'll be able to catch up in the last couple days like I think I can and I'm not screwing myself.
  • I entered the event 9 hours in and finished clearing nodes with 14 hours left before the nodes were (probably) going to disappear. That gave me fully regenerated nodes two hours before the "round" ended.

And unlike a charm, it is genuinely working.
  • Am I right to assume that the sneak update was to address a scaling issue?