Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• Had the strangest victory this morning. Standard setup of facing 230's didn't work for me this time (patch, obw, choice third which is slowly becoming spidey on rare occasions) so I went a different route. This was against level 230 yelena, venom, and Maggia don. I won using Hulk, Daken, and Bullseye. Lost hulk in the last 500 health on venom and had to burn through the Don's health pool with nothing but 2 level 69s. Funny, but it ended up winning me the battle.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Had the strangest victory this morning. Standard setup of facing 230's didn't work for me this time (patch, obw, choice third which is slowly becoming spidey on rare occasions) so I went a different route. This was against level 230 yelena, venom, and Maggia don. I won using Hulk, Daken, and Bullseye. Lost hulk in the last 500 health on venom and had to burn through the Don's health pool with nothing but 2 level 69s. Funny, but it ended up winning me the battle.

230 venom has a nasty bite-
  • fedlex20
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    wih the frequency with which they have been releasing new characters, its not suprising that a lot of tbe community is a ho hum about human torch's release. i think the devs have over flooded the character pool recently and everyone is just desensitized to a new release.

marc

I think human torch is getting a bum rap bc the event is pretty confusing and frustrating for many without any subs and no sub rewards. Trying to figure when the nodes were ending and new nodes appearing, not as much iso, and the super low scores seemingly putting most of the progression rewards out of reach and you have the player apathy.

Big numbers are coming this weekend. Im a bit disapointed since i just got my 250 iso for 30k but i still have hope-
  • ichijuan wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Had the strangest victory this morning. Standard setup of facing 230's didn't work for me this time (patch, obw, choice third which is slowly becoming spidey on rare occasions) so I went a different route. This was against level 230 yelena, venom, and Maggia don. I won using Hulk, Daken, and Bullseye. Lost hulk in the last 500 health on venom and had to burn through the Don's health pool with nothing but 2 level 69s. Funny, but it ended up winning me the battle.

230 venom has a nasty bite-

That he does. And the Don makes it that much more aggravating. An interesting thing did happen when I was using my standard team with obw in it. Enemy had 10 black, made a black match to steal 1, and venom still managed to do devour next turn using one less black ap then was needed. That got me a bit irritated.
  • Anyone have any idea when the nodes will change this time? Will it be in 2 hours or another 12?
  • Anyone have any idea when the nodes will change this time? Will it be in 2 hours or another 12?
    My guess is it will be midnight EST.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Skyedyne wrote:
    An interesting thing did happen when I was using my standard team with obw in it. Enemy had 10 black, made a black match to steal 1, and venom still managed to do devour next turn using one less black ap then was needed. That got me a bit irritated.

Doesn't the Don get black AP each turn?

Edit: ignore me, my mind only works in multiples of 3 thanks to this game
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, I feel sorry for small alliances in this tournament icon_e_sad.gif

We're sitting at rank 161 with 381.362 points - average of 25.425 points per person (15 people).
    The top 10 range from 29.000 to 28.000 per person (20 people).

With so few points and so little possibility to build a lead not even the big boy alliances can afford to have a member go AWOL, let alone someone with less than say... 13 members.

There's absolutely no way any alliance with less than 10 people will finish in the top 250, and even those 10 must be able to hit all the high scoring nodes.
  • Target Venom first you get Payback Missioned; target Yelena first you get Devoured.
    I suspect the further we get into this tournament, the more of these cheap goon-feeding-AP-to-villain nodes there will be.

Seriously devs, giving level 230 villains free nukes is not cool.

Not cool at all.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah... this event is pretty silly. I've been sitting under 200th place for the past day or two, and I just grinded my way back up to second. I'm now pretty sure that grinding before the end of the event is largely a waste of time: you can't grind optimally enough such that rubberbanding doesn't screw you over.
  • fedlex20
    Options
    Target Venom first you get Payback Missioned; target Yelena first you get Devoured.
    I suspect the further we get into this tournament, the more of these cheap goon-feeding-AP-to-villain nodes there will be.

Seriously devs, giving level 230 villains free nukes is not cool.

Not cool at all.

I really dont know how that works cause sometimes Dons used their black ap power instead of racking em up to let venom bite me. Maybe there is a random component there.
    OBW is great there cause she can steal by matching and by recon but she s a bit on the squishy end.
  • I think it depends more on if you attack Venom or the Don. Seems like the one you are attacking is much more likely to use the Ap to attack.
  • MOST.BORING.EVENT.EVER. Zzzzzzzz

Yep, Human Torch is the only light at the end of the tunnel on this one. The lack of sub-rewards and the point starvation turning prog rewards into a mirage in the distance are making me lazier than... hmm, can't think of a good analogy here...

Yep, Human Torch is the only light at the end of the tunnel on this one. The lack of sub-rewards and the point starvation turning prog rewards into a mirage in the distance are making me lazier than... hmm, can't think of a good analogy here...

Making me lazier than a.....nope cant think of one either.

Than a goon thinking about putting a countdown tile on the board while Bagman is alive.

How about..... A kitchen fitter being asked to decorate a bedroom
  • The Don generates 2 black AP a turn and Trap uses 10 black, so it will usually be used over Devour/Payback Mission though it's hardly guaranteed.

The numbers for the mission points needs to go up by a factor of 5 for the high point rewards to be even remotely obtainable. Round 4 of Simulator Basic was significantly less than 100K put together for even the highest scoring people.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The Don generates 2 black AP a turn and Trap uses 10 black, so it will usually be used over Devour/Payback Mission though it's hardly guaranteed.

The numbers for the mission points needs to go up by a factor of 5 for the high point rewards to be even remotely obtainable. Round 4 of Simulator Basic was significantly less than 100K put together for even the highest scoring people.

The highest scoring people in this event doesn't even mean much: with rubberbanding first place is always only going to be a thousand points above most of the pack that do even one clear a day. This event structure is just very poor in general: single main means that rubberbanding negates any leads you could get in earlier rounds, making it futile to try and extend your lead in the event, and the lack of subs means that less awards are handed out in general. I'm thinking about doing a poll after the event for people to voice whether or not they liked the event: I'm thinking that if the devs have a concentrated thread for feedback, they'll think twice about rerunning events like this given how most of the playerbase probably dislikes it compared to what we've had before.
  • Speaking of the Venom, Yelena, Dom node...

I just had a game using Patch, Spidey, NM Mag....matched my last needed purple for Mag (which my Spidey takes due to level) when BAM, Venom gets off Devour and eats Spidey down to his last 33 hps.....then proceeds to match enviro tiles!

Quickly I used Mag to get my blues, was suboptimal due to the board, I got only enough blues to stun them for a little over one turn each. Spent the rest of the match with careful board control and managed winning the fight.

And I agree with everyone else, it's been hard to maintain an excitement level on this one. I could use a yellow X-Force, but grinding these nodes down for minimal rewards has been soul-crushing. At this point I'll just settle for the HT covers and call it a day.