ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mystwalker hit the motherload in his Season V 10-pack. Four gold covers of 3 and 4 stars.

I got 2500 iso.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Mystwalker hit the motherload in his Season V 10-pack. Four gold covers of 3 and 4 stars.

I got 2500 iso.
    Hi fae.
    I hear you will let mystwalker buy the lottery for the family this week. =)

Which 4* did he get? Fury? X force..that's gonna be useful with the buff..

On another note. .
    Strange.. The nodes of the last pve round seem to be a recycled from previous rounds. .
  • unimatrix
    Options
    danikalil wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Sorry for being away lately...Work has been crazy. Two of the five people who work in my section are on leaves of absence.

Dante, DG's sig is fantastic! The colour is amazing. Congrats!

Jan's ten pack didn't yield any usable covers. She got 4 3-star covers, but she had them all.

With CMags' nerf coming out, we think everyone's PvE scores will drop a bit. Jan always plays with him.

They needn't destroy CMags, by the way. All it would take would be to increase the cost of his moves. I hope they don't gut him like they did to Spidey. I wonder who is going to stop Sentry, Hood and Daken with Mags gone.

Jan's been liking Hood a lot lately. Do you guys play with him?

I was starting to like CMag. Now I don't plan put iso into him until I got the rest of character up into level 125 or thereabout.

Probably will level up hood.. and sentry???
    arggh. .Two. minds about levelling sentry.. i don't see how he can be a viable character for sustained attacks without health packs. .

I think captain marvel is an interesting character to encounter as your enemy. Her yellow is super irritating.. And her black stuns.. Unexpected. =) it'll be interesting to power her up once I have her full covers.

As mentioned earlier.. My season V pack pull was also bad.. But the token from PVE reward so far gave me a blue Beast cover and a green sentry (my last sentry cover!)..
    And lots of thor team ups... And I got to use my Dino team up against Thor! Haha.. Satisfying. icon_e_smile.gif
  • unimatrix wrote:
    FaerieMyst wrote:

I got 2500 iso.
    Hi fae.
    I hear you will let mystwalker buy the lottery for the family this week. =)

Which 4* did he get? Fury? X force..that's gonna be useful with the buff..

On another note. .
    Strange.. The nodes of the last pve round seem to be a recycled from previous rounds. .

I got the last X Force I needed to bring him to full covers ... as Faerie would say, "woot!"
  • danikalil wrote:
    Dante, DG's sig is fantastic! The colour is amazing. Congrats!

They needn't destroy CMags, by the way. All it would take would be to increase the cost of his moves. I hope they don't gut him like they did to Spidey. I wonder who is going to stop Sentry, Hood and Daken with Mags gone.
    Thanks. Mystwalker's sig is getting a face lift too. He asked for a change of words and I took the liberty of adding a little detail.

At least Daken is getting a small nerf too with the CMags rebuild.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    I wonder who is going to stop Sentry, Hood and Daken with Mags gone.

Loki - shakes up the board. This can really be effective if you have a good supply of purple.
    Spiderman - protect tiles and stun
    Bullseye protect (though you have to protect his squishiness)
    Hood Yellow
    GSBW Red or Green
    Hulk Green
    She-Hulk Red
    Falcon - never tried him but theoretically it works
    Captain Marvel - black damage and stun

My preferred pairing is Spidey and Hood. The biggest danger from Sentry is not WR but that evil strike tile.
  • FaerieMyst wrote:
    I wonder who is going to stop Sentry, Hood and Daken with Mags gone.

Loki - shakes up the board. This can really be effective if you have a good supply of purple.
    Spiderman - protect tiles and stun
    Bullseye protect (though you have to protect his squishiness)
    Hood Yellow
    GSBW Red or Green
    Hulk Green
    She-Hulk Red
    Falcon - never tried him but theoretically it works
    Captain Marvel - black damage and stun

My preferred pairing is Spidey and Hood. The biggest danger from Sentry is not WR but that evil strike tile.

I have to play with it to be sure, but CMags new yellow power may be effective against both World Rupture and that evil strike tile.
  • Hey Guys!!! How has everyone been doing??

Dante, thanks a lot for my sig. It is fantastic!!!

Do you guys think you will reach the 120k progression in PVE. I have a very underleveled Sentry, Daken and Beast, so PVE has not been easy at all, however, If I keep up the pace I will get to that 120k.

PVP has been frustrating lately. Rewards are for my least covered characters instead of giving my my last covers for the most covered ones.

Also, do you guys use a spreadsheet to track your progress?? I found a couple in the forums but when I download them all the links and formulas are marked as errors!!
  • DG85_ wrote:
    Hey Guys!!! How has everyone been doing??

Dante, thanks a lot for my sig. It is fantastic!!!

Do you guys think you will reach the 120k progression in PVE. I have a very underleveled Sentry, Daken and Beast, so PVE has not been easy at all, however, If I keep up the pace I will get to that 120k.

PVP has been frustrating lately. Rewards are for my least covered characters instead of giving my my last covers for the most covered ones.

Also, do you guys use a spreadsheet to track your progress?? I found a couple in the forums but when I download them all the links and formulas are marked as errors!!

I really burned on the PVE over the weekend, so I hit 120k and got the Beast cover yesterday morning. Now I am using the PVE to figure out teams to use since they castrated CMag this morning.

Not sure what you want to track in a spreadsheet, but if you send me some details / examples, I can put together something for you to use ... either a spreadsheet or maybe a create a program for it.
  • There are a number of spreadsheets on the forums were you put your covers and current level and iso to cap is calculated for you. However I cant get these to work when they are downloaded.
  • Man this game got a lot more frustrating without old Magneto. I think my new play style will have to be changing out two man teams like faerie does, though I don't have the same breadth of roaster.
  • Dantekamar wrote:
    Man this game got a lot more frustrating without old Magneto. I think my new play style will have to be changing out two man teams like faerie does, though I don't have the same breadth of roaster.

I am working through the same challenge ... and working into emulating my darling wife as well ... but like you, I do not have as many fully leveled up players as Faerie does. The best combo I have found for this PVP is Thor/Daken/Loki ... and really learning to appreciate Daken ... I have him up to 130 now and will continue to push him up.

Have been experimenting some with the new CMag and pleasantly surprised. Certainly cannot control the board with him like I used to, but firing his red with a lot of TU tiles on the board does significant damage at relatively low AP cost. His yellow is interesting, but I think I am going to re-balance when/if I come across the covers. I have him at 5-red, 2-blue, 5-yellow now but thinking to raise the blue and drop the yellow some ... I am more of an attack kind of guy.

Long term, X Force is a powerhouse. I have full covers but only have him to 132 so far. His black is vicious and playing him with Daken gives double whammy from collecting green. I am looking forward to getting X Force to 200+ but that is going to take some serious ISO collection over the next several weeks, I suspect.
  • Mystwalker wrote:
    Dantekamar wrote:
    Man this game got a lot more frustrating without old Magneto. I think my new play style will have to be changing out two man teams like faerie does, though I don't have the same breadth of roaster.

I am working through the same challenge ... and working into emulating my darling wife as well ... but like you, I do not have as many fully leveled up players as Faerie does. The best combo I have found for this PVP is Thor/Daken/Loki ... and really learning to appreciate Daken ... I have him up to 130 now and will continue to push him up.

Have been experimenting some with the new CMag and pleasantly surprised. Certainly cannot control the board with him like I used to, but firing his red with a lot of TU tiles on the board does significant damage at relatively low AP cost. His yellow is interesting, but I think I am going to re-balance when/if I come across the covers. I have him at 5-red, 2-blue, 5-yellow now but thinking to raise the blue and drop the yellow some ... I am more of an attack kind of guy.

Long term, X Force is a powerhouse. I have full covers but only have him to 132 so far. His black is vicious and playing him with Daken gives double whammy from collecting green. I am looking forward to getting X Force to 200+ but that is going to take some serious ISO collection over the next several weeks, I suspect.
    Daken remains a beast even after his nerf. I even thought about quitting when lazy Daken was officially released I hated the 2 star version so much.

New Magneto isn't unplayable, but definitely not the same. 3 usable powers that do make a difference is good but the two attack powers are variable in damage. Thing is, I don't see a trick with him any more. Thor and grey suit Black Widow build their own powers. Daken let's you double dip on green matches. Black Panther and Punisher build their AoE with strike tiles. New Magneto is just... plain, dull, straight forward.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DG85_ wrote:

Here's a link to my spreadsheet depicting my cover progress so far (if that's what you meant):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lx4XxYhLV5K1yL_Dc0lxE2cm1vnowCyZPTJpfUXgN7Q/edit?usp=sharing

It lists what covers I have, what levels I'm at, and if completed based on my idea of the right build (subjective of course)...

I just finished updating it with all the changes, so I think it's all right now...but if you view and notice any errors, please let me know! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alright, screw it. New Magneto's out, Black Panther is in.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Dantekamar wrote:
    Alright, screw it. New Magneto's out, Black Panther is in.
    My defensive combo for pvp is lazy Thor and black panther.
    This combination takes longer for people to beat, with full cover.
    So makes others an easier prey. =)

The problem is.. for attacking.. They take some time to build up ap as you have to get yellow, green and black accumulated. On a normal board. .its ok. On a board with blue and purple majority.. it'll take longer.

I use lazy daken and patch for initial cycle of pvp enemies.. for their true healing and for quick match turn around..then when the things get tough. Thor and BP comes to the front.

I just realized season 5 is ending soon.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    ScarFighters. . Please focus on PVE.
    It's a short pve.. at least we have to get the alliance reward for colossus.

Special shout out to bottom 5 places.. DG85, yu tea, delegibus and Flyapart and Dante. Please go and rock some points out of juggy!!! GO Go Go Go... star.pngstar.png
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Hello ScarFighters.. Hope everyone got their yellow Colossus progression reward cover from the Deadpool vs MPQ PVE!!

I'm having difficulties selecting a good sustainable combination for the Children of the Atom PVP.. started with Xforce, Deadpool and Psylocke, then Patch, Daken and Black Panther.. ended up with LazyThor, BP and Patch. still not a very optimal combination.

what are you using?

I just noticed a new PVE (?) has just appeared.. strange.. the rewards list seems very limited...
    but no placement rewards, just progression rewards.
  • FaerieMyst
    Options
    Greetings Mortals,

Sorry we didn't do more in the recent PVE. I had a sleep study Wednesday night and was without an internet connection for 12 hours. Mystwalker has been working super hard to get everything done before he takes a vacation next week. He is taking a week off from his vacation to do programming for my company. His software is brilliant but it seriously spoils you.

I'm alternating my top mutants in this PVP - Mohawk Storm, Psylocke, Patch and X-Force. I also threw in Spidey and Deadpool on occasion. I've played against a lot of Classic Storm, Magneto combos - usually with Patch or X-Force.

I'm ready for the next season to start. I really like the SHIELD pvp where I can just play around with lots of different combos.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    Hello ScarFighters.. well done on your achievement for alliance position of 47 in the Children of the Atom.

Special mention to top 5 position within our alliance : Fae, Myst, Brady, Danman, and Dali.
    you guys rock!
    imcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.pngimcoin.png

Special mention for top most improvement in positions amongst ScarFighters compared to Earth Mightiest PVP:
    - Rob (from 20th to 7th) star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    - Danman (from 13th to 4th) star.pngstar.png
    - Dante (from 16th to 10th). star.png

And.. unfortunately, some of us didn't do too well, with Cat dropping 15th position (from 3rd to 18th), woodsb (from 15th to 20th).
    For the bottom three positions, Cat, DG85 and Woodsb.. Season VI has started.. let's get those Call of Storm icon_thor.png and Rage of Panther icon_blackpanther.png going..

Woodsb, is everything okay ? you scored very minimally in the last PVP (47 points).

Scarfighters.. Let's Rock Season VI..