ScarFighters - Let's rock !

Options

Comments

• unimatrix
    Options
    @Dante, I wish you all the best in your new alliance.

@Fae, thanks for the insight (both onto your thought of how the alliance evolution and how you have the privilege of keeping MPQ and work in the same monitor icon_e_smile.gif )

I kind of like the warm chats that we had, but as mentioned by Fae, we've somehow becoming more focused in our alliance performance in seasons rather than socializing.
    Danikalil and I have tried to be more specific about our performance requirement rather than a general "do your best".. the reason why frite, dani and I thought of "do your best" term, we really didn't want to be pushy about performances from an alliance that will definitely has real life coming in...
    however, that being said.. danikalil in recent recruitment PM and post have specifically required a 600+ points in PVP, so we've started to be more imposing, to be fair for the rest of the members of this alliance: now a top 100 alliance.

alliance social director has volunteered herself. so she will prepare her tea (non-flavored as her favorite, simply earl grey for me..) for everyone for this health-pack consuming Heroic-PVE healthpack.png

How was I hooked on Marvel? Xmen the Animated Series was the one that got me intrigued. buying comics regularly was out of my budget when I was young.. and Animated series was showing on free-to-air channel; and heck.. that was a cool show.
    I liked wolverine in the show, didn't know about Patch or X-Force, just the plain yellow uniform Wolverine (now known as Amazing Wolverine). My sig character: nightcrawler is another character that really intrigued me; teleportation ability was a new concept for me.. and at the same time, i started watching StarTrek they have transporter beam too (and now I am also a Star Trek fan).. so it sort of came together.
  • X-Men Animated Series is hands down my favorite animated series of all time. I have it on DVD and still play it from time to time when I am not doing anything important. I would have loved to see more Nightcrawler in that series, but as with Colossus, they were both extremely minimalized. 1 or two appearances altogether. Colossus never showed up again after Season 2.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi team! Just using this as a bit of a test ground to see if any of the following work/will work in the future. icon_e_biggrin.gif

:gambit:
    :ghostrider:
    :thanos:
    :silversurfer:
    :drstrange:
    :phoenix:
    :nightcrawler:
    :cyclops:
    :galactus:
    :thing:
    :mrfantastic:
    :redskull:
    :sabretooth:
    :professerx:
    :kingpin:
    :rogue:
    :apocalypse:
    :dormammu:
    :cable:
    :ultron:

EDIT/ADDITIONS:
    :namor:
    :sasquatch:
    :blackbolt:
    :manthing:
    :spiderwoman:
    :howardtheduck:

Okay, that's enough for now.....hopefully some of these pop up at some point in the near future icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'd like to see those. Although, I fear Galactus & Dormammu would be too powerful on their own, let alone in 3 on 3 combat! But you never know...

I'd also like:

-Namor
    -Sasquatch
    -Black Bolt
    -Man-Thing
    -Moon Knight
    -Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    And, just because he is a classic character, Howard the Duck...He'd likely have to be a little 1* though, making him rather unimportant for game progression.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    ScarFighters..
    To relief some stress from work. I spent my weekend watching guardian of the Galaxy.. I know it's late.. But better late than never.

It is a good show. Groot is Groot. I think Bautista has done fairly well for his first role. Rocket.. Is like puss in boots (buffed).
    Thanos is just a passing character. I'm sure he'll be more scary in the next movies.

Anyway. Take note of changes coming for Hood and Sentry.
    Take note the beta testing of different end time feature for the next PVP (Hulk). Take note also.. Thanksgiving is coming. Please do not engage in PVP shield hop during Thanksgiving dinner. =)

Ok. Enough rant. Uni out.
  • The possibility to select the time of ending hulk pvp (and the next pvp i hope) is amazing!!! The best idea that they could have.
    why everytime that you find a team strong to do many points, they have to change???
    icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • I'm grinding away to try and get in the top 50 for PVE, hoping to get dual Grrot covers, but I am in a tough bracket. im just shy of 80k, and sitting in #76. It's funny, because my son, who plays sporadically, has about 20k, and he is 18th in his bracket...go figure!
  • unimatrix
    Options
    @oryan. I have given up understanding the mechanics of bracketing. I cross my finger and hope for the best. And I have cologneseur and decoyduck in my bracket. Darn they're really good.
  • Yeah, I never made it in top 50. got to 66, and had run down the points for all the nodes I could face. ended up in 71 after I went to bed. So, I got 2 covers at least. Top 100 and Alliance cover.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Greetings Mortals.

I've feel like I've been out of the MPQ loop forever between moving and my upside down vacation. Then I got back and we had an insurance change and I've been off my fibro meds for over a week. I get back on tonight and it's anyone's guess how long that adjustment will take. I have prepared my family to deal with a Zombie Faerie over our holiday weekend.

Special thanks to my wonderful husband, Mystwalker, who has picked up the points slack for me. There was a moment last week when he was super scoring in a PVP and giving me match by match details while I was online doing the grocery shopping. I resisted the urge to walk across the room and strangle him (even though I covered that possibility in our marriage vows) and reminded myself that I could have played MPQ instead.

I was a bit nervous about the changes to Hood. He is a favorite of mine and I play him often. I will have to change a little strategy but I like that he has some serious hitting power now. Mostly I put him in my lineup as a support player to steal AP. Sentry still needs serious therapy and while I play him occasionally, he is never a regular in my roster rotation.

How are you liking the new staggered PVP times? We are still doing it the same times because that worked for us. It's almost time for the Friday lunch PVP call to Mystwalker so we can start the next event together. The only thing on my MPQ wishlist right now is that we knew more in advance what PVP events are coming up. I like to know who to level next.

Uni - I love Guardians and can't wait to add it to our Marvel movie collection. I was very psyched about Rocket and Groot as a character in my roster.

It's Thanksgiving here in the US and for many a snowed in day. We keep it simple. Whenever we all wake up, we'll start food prep. We get a small turkey so we can cook it in the rotisserie and enjoy turkey tv for a few hours. I no longer make any pretense of Thanksgiving dinner having any pseudo-nutritional value. I eat vegetables all the time. For one meal, We can stick to turkey, gravy and delicious things to put the gravy on. Other than yummy Thanksgiving food, we plan a weekend of MPQ, hot tub (which also includes MPQ) and general relaxation activities.

Glad that alliance chat is back. I missed it - even just popping over to see what everyone else was saying.
  • rbdragon
    Options
    Hi all....I know I haven't been all that active in the chat and on here lately - between health issues, school stress, and just life in general - I've kinda stayed away from anything "social"....I tend to be a bit of an introvert....

Anyway, now that school is almost done for the semester and I have a few weeks off, I'll try to be more social icon_e_smile.gif

Now, about the Rocket & Groot PvE - it's not my place to say anything, but I just want to be a bit of a cheerleader here for the team...as nice as a Captain Marvel cover may be, let's face it - we all want that 4hor cover!

We need to hit top 50 this time as a team...no, as a family icon_e_biggrin.gif

The end time works perfect for me to be able to hit just about every refresh (adding in sleep in there of course icon_e_wink.gif ), so I've decided to grind this tourney HARD and see if I can possibly walk away with 5 4hor covers...a daunting task for sure icon_e_confused.gif

Let's go Team ScarFighters!!! Remember - WE are Groot!

groot.jpg
  • unimatrix
    Options
    @Rob. i'm still reeling from the last sub (hate hood). but this sub seems to be more enjoyable.

and I agree.. let's rock for 4 star.pngicon_thor.png !!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    Hi all....I know I haven't been all that active in the chat and on here lately - between health issues, school stress, and just life in general - I've kinda stayed away from anything "social"....I tend to be a bit of an introvert....

Anyway, now that school is almost done for the semester and I have a few weeks off, I'll try to be more social icon_e_smile.gif

Now, about the Rocket & Groot PvE - it's not my place to say anything, but I just want to be a bit of a cheerleader here for the team...as nice as a Captain Marvel cover may be, let's face it - we all want that 4hor cover!

We need to hit top 50 this time as a team...no, as a family icon_e_biggrin.gif

The end time works perfect for me to be able to hit just about every refresh (adding in sleep in there of course icon_e_wink.gif ), so I've decided to grind this tourney HARD and see if I can possibly walk away with 5 4hor covers...a daunting task for sure icon_e_confused.gif

Let's go Team ScarFighters!!! Remember - WE are Groot!

groot.jpg

Ra, ra, shish Kum ba! GOOOO GROOT!!
    In all my grinding of this PVE I have still yet to use a GROOT ability icon_e_sad.gif
  • rbdragon
    Options
    Great job everyone! Although we didn't meet the top 50 goal, we sure gave it a heck of a go!
  • My PVE was lacking this time around. I finished just under 100k. I do apologize, but between multiple automobile issues arising at once, youngest baby doctor visits and on top of that hosting our holiday family dinner, I found myself struggling to get time to grind.

I would't mind a few days of no PVE so I can focus in on my PVP also.
    But to everyone else, great job, a lot of big numbers pulled this time.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Greetings Mortal Ones . . .

I accomplished the impossible for Thanksgiving. I made the perfect amount of food: dinner and leftovers for one day. This is a first for me. Of course, there was also MPQ and television. We caught up on our family viewing. This year is Agents of Shield and How to get away with Murder. There were many movies including Avengers. I sort of slept through Avengers. I put the turkey in the rotisserie, started the movie and promptly fell asleep in my amazing recliner. I woke up and the movie was over and the turkey was done.

The last PVE I discovered how well Falcon works with Psylocke. This time I'm putting Falcon with Blade and not playing anyone that uses red. Those strike tiles really add up. I also find myself pairing Black Panther and GSBW together a lot. I've been concentrating on getting my 3 star.png characters fully leveled but I think I'm going to start bring up Nick Fury. With the change to CMags, I find myself using him more to fill in the blue/pink colors.

How are people liking the new variable time slots? My one complaint is that in the later PVP time slots, it is hard to find decent matches. Mystwalker will skip forever but after a while I get bored and go play BubbleWitch. Unrelated to the time slots, it is very nice not to be fighting the same Sentry/Hood combos over and over.

Question for everyone - Do you get confused and destroy your own countdown tiles?
  • I've eliminated my Groot strike tile counter a few times. It hurts to collect all those blue then throw our to waste on accident.
  • unimatrix
    Options
    I want to see a healing groot.. Mine is missing a yellow.. Oh Shucks.

Anyway. Same method for this sub for me..
    Last nodes.. Use patch falcon obw. Berserker is out and it's over.
    Low level nodes use punisher lazy cap and obw.
    High level nodes use XForce and udaken. Rinse and repeat.

By the way.. Anyone watch the TV series.. marvel agents of shields?
    nick fury is no longer shield director. Shield is in disarray. Hydra is alive and well.
    Quite interesting to watch...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FaerieMyst wrote:
    Greetings Mortal Ones . . .

I accomplished the impossible for Thanksgiving. I made the perfect amount of food: dinner and leftovers for one day. This is a first for me. Of course, there was also MPQ and television. We caught up on our family viewing. This year is Agents of Shield and How to get away with Murder. There were many movies including Avengers. I sort of slept through Avengers. I put the turkey in the rotisserie, started the movie and promptly fell asleep in my amazing recliner. I woke up and the movie was over and the turkey was done.

The last PVE I discovered how well Falcon works with Psylocke. This time I'm putting Falcon with Blade and not playing anyone that uses red. Those strike tiles really add up. I also find myself pairing Black Panther and GSBW together a lot. I've been concentrating on getting my 3 star.png characters fully leveled but I think I'm going to start bring up Nick Fury. With the change to CMags, I find myself using him more to fill in the blue/pink colors.

How are people liking the new variable time slots? My one complaint is that in the later PVP time slots, it is hard to find decent matches. Mystwalker will skip forever but after a while I get bored and go play BubbleWitch. Unrelated to the time slots, it is very nice not to be fighting the same Sentry/Hood combos over and over.

Question for everyone - Do you get confused and destroy your own countdown tiles?

Greetings imortal one!! icon_e_smile.gif
    First it sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, but no leftovers icon_question.gif Leftovers are the best part. We do a small thanksgiving just us and our kids so we did a small Turkey **** with rice, cranberries (canned jelly becuase that is what my 8 year old loves), potatoes and veggies for me. my kids do not like stuffing icon_e_surprised.gif
    I like the new time slots but feel your pain finding opponents. I found some good points in the last time slice that ended today, but I normally like slice 3 as well. It is nice to finish and have the rest of the evening off.

I have not had much confusion with CD tiles beucase I just refuse to use those powers unless it is LCap or HT. I find that after I fire a CD tile I normally can use other powers to win the match. I am really liking LThor with Xforce. I have 5 Black but only 2G so it is SS to CoTS for me. My favorite PVE team is still Daken, Patch, and either Psylock, HT, or Deadpool. I am looking forward to leveling Blade to rotate in as well. You should also try GSBW with Spiderman. You get protect tiles to go along with the Purple AP you are generating as well as a stun and heal (who uses heals anymore that is so spring 2014 icon_cool.gif ).
  • Advice Please:

I am working towards maxing a few characters ( star.pngstar.png ) and I have a few that are close. I was curious on whether or not I should put all iso into one at a time or spread it evenly between a couple of them? I have 21k iso which is enough iso to max one of the 80's to 94.

I have:
    2 star.png Thor at level 80 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Daken at level 80 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Wolverine at level 80 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Ares at level 70 (Need 2)
    2 star.png Johnny at level 62 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Storm at level 60 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Ms. Marvel at level 60 (Need 2)
    2 star.png Hawkeye at level 50 (Fully covered)
    2 star.png Magneto at level 40 (Need 1)

Thanks for any advice you might have.