how did you beat Kaecillius?

123457»

Comments

• Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    how SS OML QUicksilver

Quicksilver black is essential to match Kaecillius strike tiles. Also SS and OML protects Quicksilver when they match blacks.
  • Whew... finally got it with IM40, Patch and 3 star.png Captain Marvel
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    My boss was Level 451, and I took OML, Elektra, & Quicksilver.
    It took about 6 or 7 Strike Tile matches to down him. The board went dry of Black at one point, so was tough to get AP for QS Black, but beat him first try.
    If I didn't have OML to tank, I would have more than likely lost, as his matched damage alone got as high as almost 5K.
    So far, just the one attempt, and unless he increases in level, I'll prolly try this setup again.

Scarlet Witch might be a good choice instead of Quicksilver, but her Match-4's might get rid of more than 1 Strike Tile at a time, with very few Purple tiles left after the cascades resolve.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Hoho69 wrote:
    how SS OML QUicksilver

Quicksilver black is essential to match Kaecillius strike tiles. Also SS and OML protects Quicksilver when they match blacks.

I've had luck twice now with OML, boosted champed Rulk, and QS. Having Rulk take damage can shake up the board, his purple feeds Green for QS to use (to make his black cheaper).

So far so good. It worked well enough when I used it today that I wondered if they nerfed the boss a bit.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finalllllyyyyyy beat that SoB. And did it with Hulk finite...so much for new strategies.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'm pretty solidly in 3* territory, and took him down on the first try with the (in retrospect) laughable team of Black Panther + KK + 5* Black Widow with just her red cover. Also I used a +2 Yellow/Red AP boost for reasons that are not at all clear to me now. And I was a few moves in before I actually looked up how to damage him.

Somehow this worked!

Khan is really useful though, both for healing, and for using her purple to get rid of black tokens.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I used the same tactic as arimis.oml,rhulk and quicksilver.if you have rhulk champed change his red to 5 for bigger board shake.took two tries yesterday and beat him on first try today.fight felt much easier today.probably because I kept getting black matches early and once the strikes came out he was easy to take down.level 520 for me btw.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    3* Bullseye, Kamala and Hulk.
    Hulk creates green, bullseye use them to push blocks so strike tiles will match and kamala heals him after he do a spell.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    My boss level is 420. I used Electra(champion), Falcaptain(champion), SW color boost and patch team-up. Electra black and falcaptain yellow could prolong battle. Matching blue tile could accelerate SW counting tile and power up protect tile. Patch team-up is good now esp only green patch could be sent . Though I loss two or three times with poor board(fewer purple tiles), I could win with boss with this stragegy in these 2 days.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    For early 3* rosters: after getting wrecked with Patch, Switch and QS, I had a relatively easy time with CMags (champed), KK, and Loki. My KK and Loki are at 12 and 10 covers, respectively.

Loki was the key, and he and Mags provided enough board shake to access/match strike tiles and created protect tiles to keep match damage down. KK's heals and break-glass-in-case-of-emergency use of purple (when the board had too many black tiles at one point) also kept things from getting out of control.

Didn't check what level the boss was, so this may not be a viable team for higher rosters.

I'm in this category (Kaecilius was level 310, even my best boosted characters are <200) but I ended up using:

2* Bullseye, Patch, QuickSilver.

Bullseye ended up being key for me because every purple match Kaecilius made gave me protect tiles against his high damage (which was ripping my prior teams apart and Cage is great but ultimately useless other than his protect tile). I also ended up saving Green for Bullseye (instead of having Patch make tiles for him) because Kaecilius started generating his strike tiles and Bullseye being able to destroy 5 selected tiles (in addition to QS's black) made it quite easy to match them away.

KGB