how did you beat Kaecillius?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's level 438. I have a decent 5* roster and can't do a tinykitty thing to scratch him.

Luck as a required game mechanic. Stellar job as always D3.

It's really terrible that he scales to your roster. Its totally meaningless for this fight and a huge disadvantage to have high level chars aside from them tanking the crazy damage this Boss outputs.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    quicksilver

if i'dve realized how much damage he does i would have also brought luke cage (3S) whom i recently champ'ed
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    hopper1979 wrote:
    Seriously, he will not even cast his damn purple so there is nothing to match to beat him? The idea is fine but this is just plain dumb if he wont cast the power.

Yeah, the two times I played against him he never used his purple--regardless of his AP. If it wasn't for Elektra giving him 3 tiles, it would have been hopeless for me.
  • You're obviously not supposed to be able to beat him, at least not very easily, until you get all 3 artifacts

That said, I took him down with Elektra, invisible woman, and Loki.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did I beat him. I haven't on 6 tries. This is really tinykitty stupid. I'm done getting excited about new events. These guys clearly have no idea what they are doing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish my BiB had more purple covers, mine only has 2, -55% strike tiles
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Mine is level 469 which makes his standard matches on color 2K a pop. Once those strikes start showing up, it's like watching a candle melt on the surface of the sun.

Since it is pretty much a meat grinder, I just started throwing random teams at him. I finally got a super lucky cascade with champed quake, 3* falcon and elektra non-champed. Ended the match with 500 health on quake and the other two dead.

It only took me about 20 tries.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    This boss fight is just stupid. First several tries I came close a few times but on a couple tries he just would not create any strike tiles so I could do absolutely nothing but watch my team slowly die.

Once I started using Elektra to create strike tiles I came real close several times but then he would use this huge damage aoe and insta kill my whole team. Finally Elektra managed to survive his aoe thanks to her black stopping the damage and I just barely won with Elektra clinging to life.

And what did I get for all these hair pullingly frustrating tries? A great prize? A rare cover? A legendary token? No. One single, solitary, individual command point.

Between boss rush and now this it seems like they must hate us players and enjoy watching us suffer.
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    So does 5strange eye of ago not work either since its a power that removes strikes instead of matching them? If it doesnt does anyone else find it "strange" that the good doctors move set is completely impotent against him nemesis?
    Not just impotent but the eye would actually actively work against you by removing the only tiles that can dmg...
    Any of you whales sporting a 5strange w purple (eye) would love to know if this specific power is the exception where removing (as opposed to matching) dmgs that reverse skunk head k
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally beat him with a team of randos after throwing strategy out the window and playing for luck. It was easily 20th attempt. Totally with the 200 ISO and 1 CP icon_rolleyes.gif

I have some suggestions on how to make this more enjoyable:
    1. Make them shield tiles vs daggers. The daggers accumulate too quickly and make it impossible with bosses scale.
    2. Make his immunity be based on the presents of these shield tiles.

So how this would work is he would be simular 3* Cage. Start of each round he adds a shield if he doesn't have 3 present. Each shield tile would grant 100% immunity. Without these he is damagable (more on this later). You still have to kill the special tiles to do damage and abilities that destroy them would not count. However if you manage to destroy all 3 (only possible with moves that destroy or convert the shields) then you get a shot to do real damage on hime before he adds 3 more on the start of each turn.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/lQnkEMLZkPE

Here is a video beating him on my first try. Level 525. In sandbox account with 5 stars. You really can't use even 4 stars in this match since they will get wiped out with match damage, if you are a 5 star player. Maybe the boosted ones can survive just long enough. I used Elektra, OML, and IM46. Elektra's shadow step protects her, IM46's yellow protects him, and OML heals. Phoenix might be a good alternative to OML.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat him with Red Hulk (champed), Elektra (3/3/3, lvl 150), and Patch Wolverine (champed.) Elektra and Patch were to generate enemy strike tiles, which they could often do before Kaecillius got around to providing his own.

I'd aim for purple and green matches, and wait until I had Double-Double Cross and Berserker Rage ready to go before firing either. I'd also wait until the purple on the board was somewhat clustered, if possible. Then I'd fire Double-Double Cross, match those, and then Berserker Rage, and match those. I didn't want too much strike tile saturation by firing both, because if you match two enemy strikes at once, you still only do damage for one.

Rhulk mostly tanked, and with his large HP pool absorbed a lot of the match damage, which triggered Seeing Red and got me a couple more useful matches that way.

I was also saved by Elektra's Shadow Step. In the match I won on (I think it took me 4 or 5 tries), Kaecillius used his insta-kill move, which wiped out everyone but Elektra... thanks to Shadow Step. She was then able to match the last strike tile to do him in.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I personally ran Prof X, Elektra, and SWitch.

Elektra pumped him out some weak strikes, Switch fueled her ability to do so along with the professor, but also Switch managed to make a lot of the matches I needed.

Fought him at level 401 with a 203 Switch 5/3/5, 133 Prof X 3/5/5, and 143 5/5/1 Elektra
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I didn't.
    With 1 CP as reward, I'm not even gonna bother again.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    The general cheapness of this boss fight aside, I just wanted to say thanks to all players who gave valuable input. I finally managed to beat him with Patch, Quicksilver, Kamala.
    It's nice to have a functioning player base with good communication skills. (unlike other communities for Marvel mobile games...)

Thanks guys. hotdog.png
    Next round of hotdogs is on me. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Took me a few tries but used Elektra/Patch/Quicksilver and +2 to all ap. Build up green, purple and black. Trigger Patch green to get the strike tiles, then Elektra purple to get more strike tiles then QS black to match them.
  • I too used Patch, Quicksilver and Kamala, tho I also had +2 GB AP and +2 all AP.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Switch icon_scarletwitch.png -Elektra icon_elektra.png _kamala icon_kamalakhan.png

Switch to create purple ---- Elektra purple to create weak enemy strike tiles

Elektra black and red plus Switch green to trigger Kamala health boost

Match enemy strikes and you win! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Sorry, not sure if anyone mentioned this but...I'm pretty sure web tiles work.

I was running low on health and trying to find a way to match a special tile away and just matched a couple of web tiles Miles had made and he was suddenly finished off. Since Miles makes a buttload of web tiles for his yellow and purple moves, this makes things a bit easier. Maybe also combined with similar web heads, if you've got them.
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Wow. I'm not sure if I ever posted and just lurked, or made posts a long time ago. Anyway I just wanted to contribute my strategy:

3 star Luke Cage (5 red a must)
    3 star Scarlet Witch (5 blue a must)
    3 star Kamala Khan (5 yellow a must)

Scarlet will most like be taking most of damage. Gather purple and green, deny black is the name of game. Let kael gather purple every now and then, but ONLY if you can fire off kamala purple, which SW can generate off her blue. Kamala purple lets you:
    -generate green for scarlet witch
    -create match 4s and 5s which let you gather AP and possibly destroy the strike tiles he makes

Any powers you fire off from Luke or SW will mainly be for healing, as kamala yellow will provide. SW green also provides a minor board shake AND possible black denial. We all know RNG is a factor too. Prioritize purple and black AP collection for board shake ups(via kamala and SW) and healing from cheap black off Luke. Not to mention Luke red 5 will help mitigate damage.

It's gonna be a long fight, but this team setup worked for me and it's sustainable without the need for 4/5 star characters