how did you beat Kaecillius?

Comments

• Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    After many attempts, I finally did it with 3* Thor, GSBW, and OML, of all people. Used Thor's powers when I needed more yellow or green, and got lucky with the results.
  • I had really good luck using Loki, just flip the strike tiles around until you can match them and the ap drain stops him from getting his black off.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Kaecilius was only 401, so Patch(202), Quicksilver(197), and Iron Fist(185) handled it easily. Left with 7K/10K Quicksilver, 4K/8K Patch, and no damage to Iron Fist (somehow). I wonder what HIS Kaecilius looks like? HE is in my bracket, and HIS points show, that HE beat that fight. (And naturally, HE has Epic Strange champion already.)
  • I used my 5 stars and wolverine patch with 1 3 1 I know i'm pathetic
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Ruinate wrote:
    ... Boss requiring pink to make strikes made this a bit tricky.

A bit tricky? It felt almost as it was just pure luck that I managed to beat him, and if it wasn't for luck I would go into an endless streak of losses. Many times he ignored purple match 3s and just match some other 3 tiles in a different color. So I tried to set up match 4s of purple tiles to force him to match purple. Maybe some people liked this boss fight, I did not - if luck (tile placement) wasn't on my side then any strategy would be useless.

By the way did anyone try Black Suit Spider-man? He should be able to last a while in the fight....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see suggestions to use Elektra. I guess Shadow Step does nothing to Kaecillius (anagram of Cause I Kill), but if someone could confirm that I'd be grateful.

I'm in slice 5, so only another 8 hours until I can join the fun.
  • ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I used QS, Electra, Cho. Electra 140 unboosted, cho and qs champed. Denied black let him throw strikes replace with Electra match with qs black. Killed him first try in sub 1. Hoping it's as easy across the rest of the event.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Still got a bit of time before my slice opens, but would inv woman, electra and patch work? Sounds like it might be good.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I see suggestions to use Elektra. I guess Shadow Step does nothing to Kaecillius (anagram of Cause I Kill), but if someone could confirm that I'd be grateful.

I'm in slice 5, so only another 8 hours until I can join the fun.

Shadow step will do no damage, no. My Elektra didn't tank any colors so her Shadowstep was useless. But you will mitigate a lot of strike tile damage by converting it to yours and you give him back pink strikes so it's somewhat more predictable.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    With sheer luck. Hope he doesn't scale each fight.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjempen wrote:
    By the way did anyone try Black Suit Spider-man? He should be able to last a while in the fight....
    By dampening the Strike strength? Not the worst plan, but that's the only advantage. Boss can't be stunned, so Spidey can't go invisible. 5 stars lack board control, so they just have to outlast match damage. IM's FRIDAY board shake is probably the best manipulation available (Black Bolt whisper/scream would just destroy strikes without doing damage). Cho is actually in a good place for this with the shake he has available. Do any 4 stars even have good manipulation characters? I think this may be a much easier event for the 3 star players. Moving the specific tiles with Quicksilver is very effective.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I wasn't really paying attention and went into the fight blind. I read his powers because I knew there was a trick to beating him.

Took 3* Spidey, Rulk, and KK.

Rulk has a decent board shake at 5 red, but that's because those are his covers I have so far. Spidey ended up being a cheap heal at 5 blue and his yellow. KK was set up for heals and purple because I was planning on using Rules green.

So, I won the first time, but I would not call it efficient.

I think KK is good, need to evaluate the others. QS looks good and maybe Elektra will be my next team tomorrow
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    This is an awful experience. It's cost me me almost a thousand hero points in health packs, and I still haven't beat him. Not for lack of playing smart or character combinations, but because of RNG in tile drops on the board. He's either not getting enough purple, even when I *give* it to him, to generate strike tiles, or they are placed where they can't be matched away.

I appreciate where the design is coming from, but the implementation leaves no recourse for bad boards other than to eat resources. You guys can do better than this.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I used a team with Bullseye (DA), Daken (classic) and Ares (though he was useless and dead at the end)

Bullseye protects the team from Kaecilius through purple protect tiles and his green power can be used to open up the field to combine his strike tiles

And Daken won't die as long as there are enough blue tiles
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, not sure if anyone mentioned this but...I'm pretty sure web tiles work.

I was running low on health and trying to find a way to match a special tile away and just matched a couple of web tiles Miles had made and he was suddenly finished off. Since Miles makes a buttload of web tiles for his yellow and purple moves, this makes things a bit easier. Maybe also combined with similar web heads, if you've got them.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I finally beat him with Elektra, Scarlet Witch, and 3* Spidey. All about the pink tiles -- use Elektra to place some harmless trap tiles to match, while Spidey helps protect you from the match damage, and Scarlet Witch makes sure you don't run out of pink tiles to keep things going.

Oh, and I should probably also give credit to Spidey for some heals. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Seriously, he will not even cast his damn purple so there is nothing to match to beat him? The idea is fine but this is just plain dumb if he wont cast the power.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Im40, 3cap, QS

Did it first time icon_e_wink.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    He's level 438. I have a decent 5* roster and can't do a **** thing to scratch him.

Luck as a required game mechanic. Stellar job as always D3.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Uber303 wrote:
    Im40, 3cap, QS

Did it first time icon_e_wink.gif

Actually used captain marvel but QS black would be much more effective and economical