how did you beat Kaecillius?

Comments

• famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I did Loki, Elektra and Quake. Elektra to create enemy strikes and Loki and Quake to shuffle the board. He never even cast his purple, actually. Next time, I may go Patch/Switch/Elektra, or add Quicksilver.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Hmm, sounds like Electra's double double might be of some use.

Any info on 3* Punisher's Retribution under 40%?

Just tested this, and Retribution does not kill him below 40%.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked the puzzle component of the challenge, but the scaling was just brutal. I finally won on my third try with IM40, 3* Captain America, and Quicksilver.
    If red or blue strike tiles appeared Captain could match them away (not overwrite) with his powers, and Quicksilver's black was great.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Whats the colour of the strike tiles Kaecillius make?
    EDIT: from puce's post i assume they are random?
  • Serrated
    Serrated Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    the countdown that makes the strike tiles is always green, and the strike tiles themselves go on random basic tiles. They can be any colour.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    No puzzle involved again, just 100% luck, everyone of his strike tiles gets put where it takes 3 turns to get the tiles lined up to match it away. Luck winning is terrible, not to mention mine keeps getting auto cascade black so I'm dead on turn 10 no matter how much black I match away.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does 1* Venom not eat people any more? I don't have him, and I don't recall what the nerf was. I wonder if eating him would have worked...
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went in not knowing how he worked (on purpose) and beat him on the strength of sheer luck and the massive health pool of Rulk/Chulk/Nova.

I'll probably bring Quicksilver and hide him behind Chulk, and then Elektra or maybe Patch or Loki for the next sub.
    JVReal wrote:
    Does 1* Venom not eat people any more? I don't have him, and I don't recall what the nerf was. I wonder if eating him would have worked...

He doesn't insta-down anymore, he just does a lot of extra damage with the web tile condition fulfilled.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bpcontra wrote:
    3* way - Use Patch/S.Witch/Quicksilver...patch generates pink strikes, switch generates pink tiles. Use QS black to generate matches.

I used a variation of this with Elektra/Witch/QS. (my Elektra is 3/2/1, Lv131 unboosted) Prioritize black matches above all and use Witch's green to help clear non-purple from her blue. Luck is most certainly involved, but such is the nature of MPQ
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a lot of options with my alt account, but I beat him (level 202) with Nova (lvl 175 boosted, 0/0/1 build). Dino (lvl 78, 1/1/1) and CMags (2/1/0, level 40)

Raced to yellow to protect damage as much as possible, used Mags red + Dino's green/purple to mix up the board a little, and Nova to meat shield.

Yeah, there's not a lot of payoff to doing it, but at least it feels a bit like a puzzle. That's rare.

Should have a much easier time with my actual roster, though the scaling will also be way more brutal.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor

Yeah, there's not a lot of payoff to doing it, but at least it feels a bit like a puzzle. That's rare.

Agreed, I'm liking that aspect of it too, and prefer it to "die if you give them a turn" method from Boss Rush.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Switch Elektra and Patch. Made sure I used green and purple when I could match.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used OML (meat shield), Iron Fist, and Quicksilver. IF purple sped up QS's black. Green/blue matches lowered the use cost so I got rid of K's tiles pretty quickly.

Got nuked by his proton torpedo and lost IF and QS, but OML was able to drag his bloody stumps around and barely made the last match to win after K finally started spawning tiles again.

If I can get my hands on a 3* marvel black TU or an Elektra Purple TU, tomorrow will go much smoother I think.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't started yet but I will probably go with Rulk/Cho/QS + an elektra tu. Cho can tank for qs and both hulks have huge health boosted. Try to rush black and TU tiles and then let QS go to work moving things around to your benefit..

This team worked exactly as I expected. Cho went down but by that time it the match was already decided. Didn't even need the elektra TU but was there if I really wanted it.
  • Uncle_Freddy
    Uncle_Freddy Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    In my opinion, bring to the battle your highest hp characters to tank while you are frantically trying to match away the strike tiles before the damage gets overwhelming. It hurts, but that's how I beat it.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Rulk/Quicksilver/3*Cage

Targeted black first and foremost. Used Rulk to tank and generate green for QS to help lower the cost of his black and just used that to match away the strike tiles. Cage was mostly unnecessary. It would have been smarter to bring someone to tank black for QS as he was at about 1000 health at the end.

If you have him, OML makes a nice tank for black. I used Rulk, QS and OML and beat him first try.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Quicksilver is a good idea I didn't think of.

I used Phoenix, Kamala, and 3-Thor. Thor and Kamala purple and yellow basically cleared the board of black tiles, so Kaecilius never cast his black.

Phoenix just tanked hits, because sadly it was tough to make a lot of the matches I needed.

In fact, it took Kaecilius about 12 turns before he made his first strike tile... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Whenever you match a strike tile you only do 1 tick of damage, so if you happened to match 3 tiles you'd only trigger the damage once. So flooding the board with tiles ala Patch greenflag.png won't do as much as you'd expect.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went with Cho and RHulk to tank for Quicksilver, Green to add locked tiles to make black cheaper, then swap away to match those tiles. All champed, worked ok
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    5* match damage while you do exactly zero damage until he gets a strike tile out, for even more damage...

I lined up 3 strike tiles (patch, hulk, kamala floods the board pretty fast with strikes), but it didn't count as triple damage, like as if i only matched a single strike tile.
    am I sleeping already?