how did you beat Kaecillius?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Miles morales, Miss invisble and Dr. Xavier good combo?

use Yellow of miss invisble to make Xavier invisble

use purple for Miles morales to make him invisble.

pray to the gods that Kaecillius does not match black.

then beat him?

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you explain how the fight works? I won't be able to start until later today so no idea what are Kaecillius powers....
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Essentially he has level appropriate match damage and 3 powers...

1 that generates 2 strike tiles and a countdown that generates more every 3 turns.
    1 that hits your team for crazy damage
    1 passive that means he cant be stunned/airborne, doesn't take damage from powers or matches, but DOES take a large chunk of damage if you MATCH away one of his strike tiles.

So essentially you are on damage limitation and AP denial (Black mainly as that powers the team nuke) until there are strike tiles that can be matched.

At level 401 (for me) you need to match about 6 tiles....

You cannot do damage by using Quake to blow up the tiles.
    You can give him tiles and then match them.
    A match that gets rid of 3 tiles with one match still only does the fixed damage.
    Cascades do full damage if there are strike tiles in later matches...

I didn't pay enough attention regarding 4-match row destruction... I don't think that works... It has to be matched.

Its definitely a puzzle rather than brute force...

I actually quite enjoyed it, but the reward is farcical for the effort lol (see my thread about 1 CP, he should have had a 5* token)
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    8punch wrote:
    Miles morales, Miss invisble and Dr. Xavier good combo?

Er, no, not that.

Kaecillius can only be hurt by matching his strike tiles away. Match damage doesn't hurt him. Abilities don't hurt him.

Remember, the strikes must be matched away. Blowing them up with abilities does nothing to damage him.

The name of the game is board control.

Useful characters... 4* Cyc. Quicksilver. Heck, even Bag-man if you could hide him in the back might be useful.

I used a team of Cho, 4* Cyc, and Kamala Kahn and it worked pretty well.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    For the record....

I used Patch and Quicksilver and Captain Marvel...

Patch puts out strike tiles for you to break... and Quicksilver's Black is amazing for this! Maybe use someone with more defensive chops to try to survive the nuke/match damage.

I also got within 1 match of killing him with Elektra/Scarlet Witch/Quake - Elektra puts out purple strike tiles which get matched when the countdown tile goes off... Quake and Scarlet Witch can shuffle board to maximise the number of purple match options...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Rulk/Quicksilver/3*Cage

Targeted black first and foremost. Used Rulk to tank and generate green for QS to help lower the cost of his black and just used that to match away the strike tiles. Cage was mostly unnecessary. It would have been smarter to bring someone to tank black for QS as he was at about 1000 health at the end.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't started yet but I will probably go with Rulk/Cho/QS + an elektra tu. Cho can tank for qs and both hulks have huge health boosted. Try to rush black and TU tiles and then let QS go to work moving things around to your benefit..
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, sounds like Electra's double double might be of some use.

Any info on 3* Punisher's Retribution under 40%?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    No sucess so far. Do i need to beat him? I mean is there something else than 200pts and 1CP?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Quake/Patch/Switch did it for me, 2nd try. Tomorrow will likely put in Kamala instead of Switch. Use Quake’s Blue (at 5 if you can) to destroy as many black tiles as you can, plus some board shake. Use Patch to get more enemy strike tiles out to match away

Quicksilver is a good idea, I may try to work him in too.
  • Tatercat
    veny wrote:
    No sucess so far. Do i need to beat him? I mean is there something else than 200pts and 1CP?

Was wondering this myself. Maybe the rewards scale too over the next two days?
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    You can use a team with patch Wolverine, Quicksilver and Doom or any character with healing ability. Use Wolvie to generate enemy strike tiles and use Quicksilver blacktile.png power to switch tiles for quick matches. If doom is part of you team generate blacktile.png with him, so Quicksilver can use his blacktile.png power more often .
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So characters that overwrite them are a no-go, like Captain America and Bullseye?

When you match his strike tiles, does the damage get the additional boost of your own strike tiles?

Is it only strike tiles of his, or if you give him other types of tiles such as defense/attack and match them away... will it do damage?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would bringing Peggy to the party be detrimental or beneficial?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, as I was expecting, OML, SS and PH are 'worthless' against him. So if he is 500+ level I am going to be in a world of hurt... Great icon_e_sad.gif

Question: is it just matching his strike tiles what damages him or any other type of special tile is valid too?

Question: how many times can you try to beat him? Does the node lock if you lose?
  • Tatercat
    Polares wrote:
    So, as I was expecting, OML, SS and PH are 'worthless' against him. So if he is 500+ level I am going to be in a world of hurt... Great icon_e_sad.gif

Question: is it just matching his strike tiles what damages him or any other type of special tile is valid too?

Question: how many times can you try to beat him? Does the node lock if you lose?

Any enemy strike tile will do, even ones you give him from patch or elektra. Attack and protect tiles don't work.

It only locks after you beat him, thank god. You can try as many times as you can until you do.
  • Tatercat
    pheregas wrote:
    Would bringing Peggy to the party be detrimental or beneficial?

Both? You want him to fire his purple so he gets his own strike tiles out, but the black effectively ends the fight.

I wouldn't bring her, but I hear there's a Kingpin + 2 feeders node in the Maggia sub (the Nova essential) that she would be perfect for.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Does it still do damage if you destroy his strike tiles, rather than match them?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Horrible fail first attempt with Oml/Phx/Witch. 4 way line clears do not do damage. Must be matched.

Second attempt with Oml/Elektra/Witch was a success but just barely. Even with lots of pink AP, I could not flood the board with strike tiles like I originally thought. Damage done to me was mitigated however and I lasted longer. Boss requiring pink to make strikes made this a bit tricky.
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Ruinate wrote:
    4 way line clears do not do damage. Must be matched.

Cheers icon_e_wink.gif
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    3* way - Use Patch/S.Witch/Quicksilver...patch generates pink strikes, switch generates pink tiles. Use QS black to generate matches.

4* way - Add Elektra to the mix, use her pink to generate weak strike tiles and black to take zero damage and survive

Or Quake to mitigate huge amounts of AOE damage