PVE: Strange Sights (2016-11-03 to 2016-11-07)

Options

Comments

• shoryuken49
    shoryuken49 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Okay this is not cool. Not only we lost an hour in our grinding time, but now characters with less than perfect health are all dead, but we're low on health packs.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, what a pain. I'm on a coach with another hour in the trip to go, was looking forward to blitzing through the last story icon_e_sad.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay this is not cool. Not only we lost an hour in our grinding time, but now characters with less than perfect health are all dead, but we're low on health packs.

FFS, I only just noticed that! What a(nother) complete balls up.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was wondering how Daylight Savings would affect the times.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poodlec wrote:
    My question may be silly, but i ask anyway: does anyone by any chance(by coincidence or ability use) tried to match boss strike tile with critical one ? I just thought that maybe it can deal critical damage that way, since we can't deal more damage by matching several boss strikes it could be nice feature(bug). icon_e_biggrin.gif

No luck, made a Strike tile match with a critical tile and only did the usual 4K damage, also didn't get extra damage from my Strike tiles.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What a fizzer!!

Where's the big ending??

Got my 15 command points (77,652) and with 25 minutes to go I'm not grinding for placing anymore... in the last 10 minutes I've been pushed from 7th to 17th - still can't work out how 1st 4,000 in front of me definitely not that many points left in the nodes
  • xRuin
    xRuin Posts: 2
    Options
    This has to be one of the worst boss concepts they've come up with so far. Ultron is somewhat entertaining with the rush of stopping his bombs from hitting the bottom, or the Civil War bosses where it's kind of just a PVP match, but this whole "hope you get lucky and have the strike tiles get placed in places where you can actually match them" concept is ruining this for me so much. His match damage is ridiculous, especially once he gets a couple strike tiles tucked away in the corners or outlying areas of the board. I hope they tweak this even big time if they ever decide to run it again. The fun factor just isn't there at all in my opinion.
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been in the top100 for each of the subs, but my overall rank is floating around170. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    What a fizzer!!

Where's the big ending??

Got my 15 command points (77,652) and with 25 minutes to go I'm not grinding for placing anymore... in the last 10 minutes I've been pushed from 7th to 17th - still can't work out how 1st 4,000 in front of me definitely not that many points left in the nodes

I'm having the same problem. My overall rank average isn't l adding up.
  • itsmahvelbaby
    Options
    i did 69k, but it was not cool. not cool at all.
    grinding is what nearly killed this game for me, and i hope this one was a one-time exception

KEKilius wasnt that bad for me tbh, the team this forum suggested worked REALLY well

elektra, patch and switch OR
    elektra, patch and rhulk

both teams made me kill him in one or two tries. it wasnt even friendly boards. thats why i will call this boss from now on topkek-ilius
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been in the top100 for each of the subs, but my overall rank is floating around170. Is anyone else having this issue?

Oh yeah. I'll have a top 20 for each of the subs but overall I'm around 70th. I figure I will just take those HP and tokens and run.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's strange that everyone is having these difference in main placement and sub placement. I've been at around 5th place in every sub and ended up in 22 place in the end (I was at 9th when I went to bed and people just passed me after). This seems about right to me.
  • tranceazn
    tranceazn Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Glad I was able to beat the boss 3x but the health pack drain sucks. Adding the daylight savings time glitch, where damaged characters were downed when the event reset didn't help.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's strange that everyone is having these difference in main placement and sub placement. I've been at around 5th place in every sub and ended up in 22 place in the end (I was at 9th when I went to bed and people just passed me after). This seems about right to me.

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that it stems from having the entire slice broken up into three different leaderboards. If you're #25 in your sub and #75 overall, it's because you're only #25 in the door you went through that day. Add in all the scores across all three doors, and you're #75. That's the discrepancy between sub and overall.
  • SeraphimLP
    Options
    Orb/Book/Wand Token: 3x 500 ISO
    Strange Sights Token: 1x Ragnarok, 1x Scarlet and lots of 2*
    7 Sanctum Sanctorum pulls gave me Carnage, Miles, Hulkbuster and Punisher (only Hulkbuster recruited)

Really??

Also I´m not sure if I end up in T50 although I cleared almost every node 6 times. I was very excited about Dr. Strange, but now... meh.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't see why everyone's having so much trouble with Kaecilius. Elektra / Quicksilver / Scarlet Witch brings him down no problem; SW creates purple, Elektra uses it to make enemy strike tiles, Quicksilver uses black to match them.

It's somewhat reliant on having good luck, but then so is everything in this game.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Errr, did anybody else just get an extra hour in their sub?
    Daylight Savings kicked in here in the US. That's probably why. We switched our clocks back an hour because of reasons such as like therefore.

It's really dumb, but enjoy the extra hour.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Don't see why everyone's having so much trouble with Kaecilius. Elektra / Quicksilver / Scarlet Witch brings him down no problem; SW creates purple, Elektra uses it to make enemy strike tiles, Quicksilver uses black to match them.

It's somewhat reliant on having good luck, but then so is everything in this game.
    Elektra is definitely the MVP in the Kaecilius fight. She's not just for Hulkbuster Busting anymore!

I used her with Kamala Khan (for healing) and Scarlet Witch...but Quicksilver moving stuff around could have made life pretty easy as well.
  • Daslurch
    Options
    This last boss fight is just stupid. I've tried the Electra switch Qsilver combo on top of the teams I'm normally using in the nodes. I've had to use all my health packs 2x now and most of my boosts too. Maybe I've had rotten luck 8-10 times now, but I can't help but think my approach is wrong. Any advice?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daslurch wrote:
    This last boss fight is just stupid. I've tried the Electra switch Qsilver combo on top of the teams I'm normally using in the nodes. I've had to use all my health packs 2x now and most of my boosts too. Maybe I've had rotten luck 8-10 times now, but I can't help but think my approach is wrong. Any advice?
    I dunno, every QS try I made failed too. Bad boards I guess. K's match damage was just so stupid high that even running with KK wouldn't buy me enough time to take him down before QS died. I only tried maybe 3 times though; I have severely cut back my play time on weekends for the sake of my (& my wife's) sanity. Didn't even finish T300 as a result. Don't care much any more.

And I drew 200 HP, 500 ISO, 500 ISO from the three artifact tokens. Sheesh.