PVE: Strange Sights (2016-11-03 to 2016-11-07)

Options

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used switch, three star black widow and Elektra on the boss fight and it went smoothly.

Switch generating purple, Elektra creating enemy strike tiles to match and using black to defend against damage, while using widows red to clear out the enemy count down tiles.

There was only one time the whole match that I got hit while the boss (not spelling his name) had his actual strong tiles out and I didn't have a trap tile to block the damage.

I'd recommend this if you have the characters.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tikow wrote:
    Cleared the boss using Banner. Recommend using him if he's on your roster.

If you load up on green and don't use it--since it is pointless here anyway--then Banner always changes back to Hulk after Hulk is killed. Gives you multiple bonus lives/greater opportunities to match enough of the boss strike tiles to win.

Was thinking of trying him tomorrow with the Patch Loki combo. He'll tank purple for Loki quite well.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just slid in with Patch, Falcon & Switch. He just kept matching black and then he had a black CD tile running and I just managed to match it at the last second.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would say that to beat the boss any character that can clear tiles will be useful combined with a patch or daken who create attack tiles

I won with Loki , QS and patch

Tomorrow I'm going to try prof x or another invisible character

Someone asked earlier if you can do the same node all 3 days , I'd say no as you probably need all three items for something but then maybe not !

Great challenge though the devs have done a good job from what I've seen so far
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    turbomoose wrote:
    I would say that to beat the boss any character that can clear tiles will be useful combined with a patch or daken who create attack tiles

I won with Loki , QS and patch

Tomorrow I'm going to try prof x or another invisible character

Someone asked earlier if you can do the same node all 3 days , I'd say no as you probably need all three items for something but then maybe not !

Great challenge though the devs have done a good job from what I've seen so far

I ended up winning with Elektra/SW/Patch, used SW to spam purple to El, while matching green for patch....managed to get off 3-4 doublecross to 1 of wolvies attacks. And after A couple rounds or hording, got out with money to spare.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @BlackWidower - didn't you find Falcon was an hindrance in the boss fight as Redwing would take away his strike tiles that you otherwise may have been able to match? And Redwing removal doesnt count as a 'match' for damage purposes, as I learnt the hard way!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also wanted to add - challenges like this are where the forum really shines as people share the creative ways they get around the puzzle
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wasn't expecting Ultron Sentry goons to have 70k+ health in the Book of Vishanti sub. Holy **** was that hard! Had to use my A team when usually my scaling allows for boosted 4* to be used. Rulk was useless.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I managed to defeat Kaecillius on the 2nd attempt

my team was: Chulk 5/3/2 lvl 209 (boosted to 297 with 21k hp then) as a second tank and green generator, OML single yellow cover mostly for tanking, and Bullseye lvl 169 (11k hp when boosted) for deadly precision, matching purple with him didn't make sense since the boss had to get his to put out the strike tiles on the board. I stacked on green and used deadly precision setup matches with the strike tiles. If it got to deadly I used Chulk's green power for tile removal and general board shake up.
  • tranceazn
    tranceazn Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ran a 2 3 star team of luke cage, patch wolverine and Elektra. Used Patch Wolverine to generate purple strike tiles and black Elektra to soak damage from the boss. Cage was in there to minimize damage (ha!). Took me three tries to beat the boss.
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used Spiderman, KK and Luke. Luke and spidy created protect tiles also they have low cost powers to set off KK heal and spidys heal sets it off too. KK purple can be used to remove blacks too which is handy to prevent the black power.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My kaecilius is at level 476.

managed to clear on first try using OML-QS-4Cyc.

QS black to match the strike tiles. QS green to make his black cheaper.

4Cyc blue and red can be used to destroy tiles and set up matching of strike tiles.

OML tanks a lot of colours, including green and black for QS.
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I tried all the combos i could think of, all the tricks and teams; but i just had to use my 5 stars with their big health pools to take the hits. Barely won, And wiped the rest of my roster, all for 1 command point.

Saw some great ideas posted, though. Round2 here we come
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Switch icon_scarletwitch.png -Elektra icon_elektra.png _kamala icon_kamalakhan.png

Switch to create purple ---- Elektra purple to create weak enemy strike tiles

Elektra black and red plus Switch green to trigger Kamala health boost

Match enemy strikes and you win! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hmmm.. Was it clear to everyone else that once you finished the last node then the missions were locked off? I went back and looked at the instructions and didn't see this.

Stupid me (in hindsight) didn't do the essential nodes and now I can't do them...

Disappointed this wasn't made clearer.

Update: what's the point in placement rewards when everyone (who knows the above) will have the same points? Is it just who can rush fastest now?

Update 2: went back to game and it placed me back in the event to complete missions. Phew.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First sub gives ca 13k points if wave nodes are cleared 2 times and the rest 4 times. How can it be 69k points required for the full progression rewards?!
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I used a couple of AP boosts to get it started (rainbow boost) but Elektra (5/5/2 LVL 146), Luke Cage (3/5/5 LVL 184), and Kamala Khan (5/3/5 LVL 176) managed it on the first try. All of them need to be healed and Cage is dead entirely, but it worked.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm just popping back in to note that the boss is no different on the second day - he's not any weaker, stronger, worth better rewards, etc., at least not for me. Still just 200 points and 1 CP, but at least that makes it easy to skip over him if you want.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FYI, optimal 1st clear for the 2nd day (4x normal, 2x wave) is 18819 points in that sub, so roughly a 50% increase from the same sub clear on the first day.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So after two days of optimal intended play one is not even able to gather 1/2 of all points for the max progression. What kind of insane grind expected to hit 15 CP?
    Pityfull rewards for challenging boss fights + ridiculously high set target of max progression...
    Like others I was eager to fight in this completely new Versus event. Now I give it up disappointed. Maybe I will go for Nova cover only. Just maybe.