PVE: Strange Sights (2016-11-03 to 2016-11-07)

Options

Comments

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    3 special tokens Orb Book & Wand....

3 X 500 ISO

SERIOUSLY!!!
    Yesterday I spend 350 HP to win 200 HP in the "Book of the Vishanti" vault. icon_e_confused.gif
    They definitely could have improved the vault (e.g. 500 or 1000 HP instead of 200 HP, 1500 ISO instead of 500 ISO).
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So nothing happens after you collect all the items and beat him three times?
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Found an unforseen benefit to Loki/Patch/meat shield: if Kaecilius' strikes get out of hand, and he starts butchering you piecemeal, you can just hit the brakes with Loki's black. You get real sustain out of all those shields out there. He had almost full health and got Banner down to 350 after he butchered Hulk in two hits, and Banner never died.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Alright. The boss has been discussed quite a bit here, but when thinking sub event clears, here's what I'm finding as a team with incredible synergy... of course you have to have them all, but such is how it goes with MPQ.

Star-Lord (5/3/5), Black Panther (5/3/5), Iron Fist (3/5/5).

You could (should?) probably take Star-Lord 3/5/5 because chances are you're never going to use his purple.

Star-Lord does his thing when goons create CDs, you want to use BP's blue because A) it's cheaper courtesy of Star-Lord and B) it increases the number of CDs you have. I had 3 on several of my boards. Priority is to gather purple to pump up BP's black, red for Star-Lord's sucker punch, and anything else is just gravy. You don't want to necessarily fire powers ASAP with this crew. You have to be selective about it (except blue and maybe green), but it's rainbow coverage with devastating powers.

I can't speak to how well this works outside of the Book of the Vishanti sub, but it's destroying that sub even with board movers. The last hard wave node? Yep. Needed health packs for all 3 by the end, but this crew still got it done.

That node both times, I slowly whittled my way through the first wave (Mindless One + 2 Ultron Sentries, also where I took the majority of my damage), built myself up big in the second wave of 3 Ultron Sentries focusing on taking down the offensive sentry first (don't waste ANY AP here if you can avoid it... they're really just board movers), and then let Ultron Prime have his single turn to unleash his beams and gravitational power. By that point, I had enough AP to punch Ultron 2-3 times with Star-Lord, punch his two sentries with Star-Lord and/or IF, and then finish the job with a single RotP.

Give it a try if you haven't. I wouldn't recommend it against all hero/villain nodes, but against nodes with any kind of goon including Mindless Ones? You're going to wreck it.

TL;DR:
    1. Use Star-Lord, Black Panther, and Iron Fist.
    2. Cut through goon nodes.
    3. ????
    4. Profit.

Edit: Yep. Orb of Agamotto tested. Re-spec Star-Lord to 3/5/5. These guys ROFLstomp goons. It's not even fair.

I've been using Star Lord, Kingpin, and War Machine to produce an obscene amount of countdown tiles. Granted they are all pretty low level, but it's been impressive for the lesser nodes.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What's up with alliance rewards on this event? I received alliance rewards for all three sub-events at the same time, presumably because my alliance-mates were split between the three subs. Does the same thing happen after the second sub/day is complete?

(I'm not complaining, naturally.... icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Didn't see anything like that, CNash.

Nothing like that at all. icon_e_confused.gif
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Easiest way to handle the boss node with the characters i have

Patch / Loki (Black only and no purple that too when Strikes get out of hand / OBW ( Blue always and Purple to fuel patch's red and green.)

This combo needs patience for Purple tiles to fall in place to fire Patch's green but won all 3 events with almost all of my health.

Irony was - nothing happened after completing the missions.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Didn't see anything like that, CNash.

Nothing like that at all. icon_e_confused.gif

Relax, they're unlikely to change the parameters of the event (a) while it's running, (b) when it's nearly over and (c) on a weekend. icon_e_smile.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really unique that in this event, because I didn't (apparently?) understand how it worked, I can finish in the top 50 of each daily bracket, but I'm going to finish the event in the top 200 overall.

Cool story. This event design was not thought through.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a fan of the Brute's hand covering the bottom right hand corner. I've missed more than one countdown going off because I didn't check.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    3 special tokens Orb Book & Wand....

3 X 500 ISO

SERIOUSLY!!!

I just had this happen:
    Good - Getting a Sanctum Sanctorum token from the Book of the Vishanti vault.
    ARE YOU icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif KIDDING ME?!? - Cashing the token gives me my 13th Nick Fury Demolition Cover. He's still stuck at 2/5/3.

While cashing it in is still a better reward than 500 ISO would have been, It's far more disappointing.
  • itsmahvelbaby
    Options
    am i right in assuming, that i wont make 69K by just playing the nodes 4/2 times?
    do i need to grind again, until nodes give 1pt?

is that a mistake by D3 or is it wanted again for players to turn into grindmode for maxprogession again icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using Star Lord, Kingpin, and War Machine to produce an obscene amount of countdown tiles. Granted they are all pretty low level, but it's been impressive for the lesser nodes.
    This strategy works, but Star-Lord's red is capped at 6 CDs for its damage boost.

Iron Fist's purple only costs 3 when you re-spec Star-Lord to 5 yellow, so you're generating black and shaking the board like crazy and accelerating your ability to do a 4k+ punch for 3 purple AP plus a 4k+ AoE.

Not that SL, KP, and WM would be a bad team, but I think the synergy between SL, BP, and IF is even better. It's not just good on the easier nodes, either. It's been consistently tearing through the harder nodes. I only used 3 total health packs on my initial 4 clears with those three through the main line of nodes (with the exception of the required character nodes... those are all kinds of nasty).
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've checked off nearly every node with all three chapters and I'm close to 15cp. Didn't get it yet, so pretty upset with that.

**** of a boss for 1cp per victory.

Also, no grand finale to the story is just lame.

I was excited for this new story, couldve been better
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ****, it just ends without any fanfare after you defeat K for the third time?

Lame icon_rolleyes.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    am i right in assuming, that i wont make 69K by just playing the nodes 4/2 times?
    do i need to grind again, until nodes give 1pt?

is that a mistake by D3 or is it wanted again for players to turn into grindmode for maxprogession again icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif

This is correct. I grinded every node but two to 1 pt in the first two subs, and hit max progression at the very end of my full point grind on sub 3. Hit it hard if you want the CP.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Errr, did anybody else just get an extra hour in their sub?
  • Alaszun
    Options
    Yup...I was first in sub and might lose it now...
  • KidCharlemagne
    KidCharlemagne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Yup. Slice 5 ended for me and the next node opened up in the main event screen for a minute. Closed it and when I went to start it just now another hour was added. Solidly in the 20-50 range so no big deal for me but it could be for people gunning for top 10.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Confused the pants off me, for a little while. I guess that daylight savings just kicked in in The One True Time Zone.