PVE: Strange Sights (2016-11-03 to 2016-11-07)

Options

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PROGRESSION IS BORKED AGAIN

The subs are following a 1.0x - 1.5x - 2.0x pattern, which means sub 3 full point clear will be worth ~25,000. This will make the cumulative full-point score ~56,000 (~57,000 with main/boss node points). Max progression is 69,000.

Hit your wave nodes as many times as you can, and trivials past 4x, if you want the CP. Grind everything to 1.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems it's time to take a break till they fix everything they broke recently. So many things ...
  • thanos8587
    Options
    PROGRESSION IS BORKED AGAIN

The subs are following a 1.0x - 1.5x - 2.0x pattern, which means sub 3 full point clear will be worth ~25,000. This will make the cumulative full-point score ~56,000 (~57,000 with main/boss node points). Max progression is 69,000.

Hit your wave nodes as many times as you can, and trivials past 4x, if you want the CP. Grind everything to 1.

they changed the 3 clear requirement to FOUR full clears for progression several weeks back. thats why EotS seemed borked since you couldnt get 4 full point clears on wave nodes.

since many players do 4 clears to get all the best node rewards it didnt seem to impactful, just annoying if you actually want to ease off a bit and still get top progression.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    I'm going to be good, Thanos...got it on EotS, also. Just trying to forewarn anyone that might be taking full points to mean progression, because it isn't.

When they changed 3x clears to 4x clears, they also took wave nodes to 2x only.

The problem over the past two PvEs has been that wave nodes are counting towards progression at 4x full point clears, only you cannot get 4x full point clears on waves....only 2x.
  • Poodlec
    Poodlec Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    My question may be silly, but i ask anyway: does anyone by any chance(by coincidence or ability use) tried to match boss strike tile with critical one ? I just thought that maybe it can deal critical damage that way, since we can't deal more damage by matching several boss strikes it could be nice feature(bug). icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just a thought, but the flavor text for the boss node says "I must reclaim my artifacts before I face him." Maybe collecting all 3 artifacts will alter his powers & make the fight more manageable.

Yes, the progression points are off again. We get an in game notification for Prof X being broken for CoTT, but nothing about progression math changing on forums. Clearly they are paying attention, just choosing what to care about.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Painmonger wrote:
    Just a thought, but the flavor text for the boss node says "I must reclaim my artifacts before I face him." Maybe collecting all 3 artifacts will alter his powers & make the fight more manageable.

Yes, the progression points are off again. We get an in game notification for Prof X being broken for CoTT, but nothing about progression math changing on forums. Clearly they are paying attention, just choosing what to care about.

Sounds like an automation error:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54372
  • Uncle_Freddy
    Uncle_Freddy Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you have BSSM specced in purple pretty well, the match damage you take is practically negligible
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Painmonger wrote:

Sounds like an automation error:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54372

Nice, I missed that announcement & feel a lot better, thanks!
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried Patch/Quicksilver/SWitch initially, and got destroyed. My SWitch isn't maxed, so she was only generating 3 purple tiles, and after a bad purple cascade, the boss had 2 countdown tiles at once generating nasty strike tiles.

Tried KK/CMags/Loki next (only Mags champed) and cleaned house. Loki's purple and Mags' red and blue provided plenty of board shake to reach out-of-the-way strike tiles. Loki's black and Mags' yellow provided plenty of protect tiles, and KK was on heals. The biggest problem was with Loki's purple giving the boss a chance to match black tiles.

Hope that helps anyone in 3* land.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had an easy time against Kaecilius with KK (5/5/3), Patch (5/3/5) and Quicksilver (any build will work). Use KK for healing & generating green AP, Patch for giving Kaecilius Strike tiles and QS for swapping.

PS: Am I the only one who thinks that "Book of Vishanti" was way easier than "Wand of Watoomb"?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did Special K with a 3* team of Falcon, Cage and KK. Cage's instant protect helps a lot, especially if you manage to strengthen it with some yellow matches early. You're always matching black to stop the nuke, so you'll build up a nice pool for Cage's cheap jab, which is just used to heal via KK. Once you get out Falc's birds and strengthen them some too, it's a pretty safe journey to the finish line.

In other news, Mindless Ones can GGF.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just beat the boss with Elektra (5/5/3), Patch (5/3/5) and Kamala Khan (5/5/3). Elektra's Purple pulls double duty here; it steals his strike tiles and saves you LOTS of damage, and creates many more smaller ones for you to match. Shadow Step also helps save a health pack, even if you don't damage him when the trap goes off. Change Kamala Khan to 5/5/3 for max healing, but you really shouldn't use her purple. Use Patch's green for a finisher, as it will create a lot of strike tiles and let him to a LOT of damage to you the next turn. Elektra's Red is good for healing via Khan.

I also found out that if you get rid of one of his strike tiles by destroying the row that it's on, if you didn't match the strike tile it won't damage him. Too bad.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I never really paid attention before but does it make sense that after the blackflag.pngicon_nova.png reward there is 14K point jump for the next reward and then it drops down to a 8K increase and ends with an 11K increase? It just seems like a random place to have the biggest jump in progression marks.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After my first party wiped at the boss, I managed to succeed on my second attempt by switching to Kamala/OBW/Captain Marvel.

Unfortunately, boosted-Kamala meant Captain Marvel couldn't tank as many colors, so I couldn't spam Photonic Blasts as often as I'd liked.

Panicked for a second when Kaecilius gathered enough black AP, but thankfully I could afford Aggressive Recon and was only 2 more hits away from winning.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I usually do all 6 clears, not a chance in heck this go round.. 5th node ( max levels) has lvl 416 sentries and 435 mindless one. Both sentries had over 120k health, and were dropping multiple +700 strike tiles every turn. They destroyed a champion oml, champion banner, and champion nova. Before I could even kill the mindless one (at a mere 40k).
    Last node is even worse. Push through the 3 40k mindless ones, just to get 3 65k plus sentries.

Not even going to waste my time with these.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have beaten final boss twice with Elektra, switch and grey suit black widow.

And with all the characters at at least half health at the end both times.

Just putting it out there for anyone still having trouble.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alright. The boss has been discussed quite a bit here, but when thinking sub event clears, here's what I'm finding as a team with incredible synergy... of course you have to have them all, but such is how it goes with MPQ.

Star-Lord (5/3/5), Black Panther (5/3/5), Iron Fist (3/5/5).

You could (should?) probably take Star-Lord 3/5/5 because chances are you're never going to use his purple.

Star-Lord does his thing when goons create CDs, you want to use BP's blue because A) it's cheaper courtesy of Star-Lord and B) it increases the number of CDs you have. I had 3 on several of my boards. Priority is to gather purple to pump up BP's black, red for Star-Lord's sucker punch, and anything else is just gravy. You don't want to necessarily fire powers ASAP with this crew. You have to be selective about it (except blue and maybe green), but it's rainbow coverage with devastating powers.

I can't speak to how well this works outside of the Book of the Vishanti sub, but it's destroying that sub even with board movers. The last hard wave node? Yep. Needed health packs for all 3 by the end, but this crew still got it done.

That node both times, I slowly whittled my way through the first wave (Mindless One + 2 Ultron Sentries, also where I took the majority of my damage), built myself up big in the second wave of 3 Ultron Sentries focusing on taking down the offensive sentry first (don't waste ANY AP here if you can avoid it... they're really just board movers), and then let Ultron Prime have his single turn to unleash his beams and gravitational power. By that point, I had enough AP to punch Ultron 2-3 times with Star-Lord, punch his two sentries with Star-Lord and/or IF, and then finish the job with a single RotP.

Give it a try if you haven't. I wouldn't recommend it against all hero/villain nodes, but against nodes with any kind of goon including Mindless Ones? You're going to wreck it.

TL;DR:
    1. Use Star-Lord, Black Panther, and Iron Fist.
    2. Cut through goon nodes.
    3. ????
    4. Profit.

Edit: Yep. Orb of Agamotto tested. Re-spec Star-Lord to 3/5/5. These guys ROFLstomp goons. It's not even fair.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never really paid attention before but does it make sense that after the blackflag.pngicon_nova.png reward there is 14K point jump for the next reward and then it drops down to a 8K increase and ends with an 11K increase? It just seems like a random place to have the biggest jump in progression marks.

EOTS had a similar jump after the 4* reward and I think the previous one was similar too.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 special tokens Orb Book & Wand....

3 X 500 ISO

SERIOUSLY!!!