S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels & Ranks: New Maximums

123457»

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Uber303 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't give a **** about the extra 4* covers because I have 0 chance to get them. Yet another "extra" that only helps the 1%. Why not give more tokens more iso and more prizes all the way down? Giving the top 100 a 4* isn't going to break you. Stop being so stingy!
    Everyone has a chance at getting them, you just have to play the game militantly.

If you're just going to play casual then expect casual rewards.

No, everyone can't get them. Only ten of every one thousand players can get them. That's the entirety of my point! Yes, ten! One more than nine, Nine Hundred Ninety less than one thousand. That isn't everyone. A full 99% of the players are not casual but they are rewarded like they are the filthiest of casuals. The 11th percentile player who puts 60 hours into playing seven days of Enemy of The State is going to get a prize much more on par with the guy who pops in to play a couple matches than the guy who gets 10th.

Here is what the tiers really need to look like at this high a SCLevel with the current meta in the game:

1st: 4 Novas, 10k iso, 200hp, 10cp
    2-10: 3 Novas, 7.5k, 200hp, 5cp
    11-50: 2 Novas, 5k iso, 100hp
    51-100: 1 Nova, 2.5k iso 50hp
    101-300: 3 Spideys, 1k iso
    301-400: 2 Spideys, 1 k iso
    401-500: 1 Spidey, 500 iso
    501-1000: 3 elite or event tokens, 250iso

For new character releases it should be expanded to the top 250 players in each bracket getting at least one cover.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:
    Uber303 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't give a **** about the extra 4* covers because I have 0 chance to get them. Yet another "extra" that only helps the 1%. Why not give more tokens more iso and more prizes all the way down? Giving the top 100 a 4* isn't going to break you. Stop being so stingy!
    Everyone has a chance at getting them, you just have to play the game militantly.

No, everyone can't get them. Only ten of every one thousand players can get them. That's the entirety of my point! Yes, ten! One more than nine, Nine Hundred Ninety less than one thousand. That isn't everyone. A full 99% of the players are not casual but they are rewarded like they are the filthiest of casuals. The 11th percentile player who puts 60 hours into playing seven days of Enemy of The State is going to get a prize much more on par with the guy who pops in to play a couple matches than the guy who gets 10th.

Here is what the tiers really need to look like at this high a SCLevel with the current meta in the game:

For new character releases it should be expanded to the top 250 players in each bracket getting at least one cover.

1000% this. It is very disappointing that the 4s are still being limited to the top 1%. Maybe we'll get to your suggested rewards by CL10...
  • LordXberk wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    Uber303 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

1000% this. It is very disappointing that the 4s are still being limited to the top 1%. Maybe we'll get to your suggested rewards by CL10...

Just buy 40 packs to get what you want lol!!11
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uber303 wrote:

Tell that to the guy who comes 11th.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Uber303 wrote:

That guy is playing casual (/sarcasm).
  • Uber303 wrote:

Bad luck?
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Has there been any reports on different node or sub rewards for CL8 vs CL7?

Ultimately I am not top 20 in PVE so it wont make much difference to me... but it would be nice to know that I get something interesting for qualifying for CL8....
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    The issue I see with this is that for CL7 you need a rank of 32, while for SC8 you need a rank of 52 (my numbers may be wrong, I'm writing them from memory). Therefore you to have a rak almost doulble the one for SC7, but the rewards are almost identical. When you compare that to the difference between the other SC, the difference in rank is lower for much better rewards at higher SC.

Why are the rewards for SC8 so underwhelming?
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I'm just going to add my voice to the chorus of people saying these rewards are really disappointing. I appreciate the improved HP for placement, but I'm one of the people who will simply never get top 10, so nothing else here is meaningful to me at all.

Y'know what would have been nice to see? A bunch of added ISO and maybe some heroic tokens added to placement and progression. Assuming more guaranteed 4*s are off the table, heroic tokens and ISO and heck even 5 more CP would make CL8 not feel like a total wank. I'm fine with incremental improvements, but CL8 right now is just totally pointless.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    What else would have been nice would be that "Elite tokens replacing Standard tokens for SCL 5 and above" thing actually happening.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    What happened to cl8 in the first offseason event?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I would also like to know what happened to level 8 in PvP off season.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    The Punisher - Army of One (Update - S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 8 will begin with Versus events starting on November 17th, 8:00 PM EST)