S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels & Ranks: New Maximums

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Everyone is overlooking the biggest part of this announcement .... the return of everyone's favorite event, EotS!

Whooooooo!

Once again, progress is "Hand"d to us on a pile of caltrops and red feeders icon_twisted.gif

Ah, but you're forgetting something important. . . Star Lord is now uber against goons! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(just trying to keep it positive! icon_e_wink.gif )
  • puppychow
    TazFTW wrote:
    ::sets tar to medium heat::

*pulls the bag of feathers from the closet* icon_cool.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Everyone is overlooking the biggest part of this announcement .... the return of everyone's favorite event, EotS!

Whooooooo!

Once again, progress is "Hand"d to us on a pile of caltrops and red feeders icon_twisted.gif

Ah, but you're forgetting something important. . . Star Lord is now uber against goons! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm thinking Peggy to slow how fast they're dropped and Quake to take the sting out of caltrops
  • puppychow
    firethorne wrote:

Yeah, that's how I've understood it. Which makes me wonder, why aren't the people with the information the ones making the post? I mean, we don't want to put David out of a job or anything. Still, I can't help thinking...

The reason is simple. Devs need to focus on creating new characters/powers/etc. and I'm sure it's an all-consuming task for them to do that. Once game devs finalize whatever new aspect of the game they want to release formally, then they'll bring the PR guy into the loop.

I have no problem w/ this arrangement because: a) it keeps Hi-Fi employed (and he does a great job in dealing w/ us); b) game devs can continue to offer new content (defined VERY broadly here icon_lol.gif ) and keep the game fresh and entertaining to the players.
  • puppychow
    fmftint wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Whooooooo!

I'm thinking Peggy to slow how fast they're dropped and Quake to take the sting out of caltrops

Unfortunately, I have neither Peggy nor Quake max covered. I'm sure those gals work fabulously against caltrops. I'm stuck w/ a champed SL, so I'll ride him in the EotS event. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fmftint
    EOTS preview is live...
    This should be fun

Wouldn't have thought the incorrect SS were BETTER than what went live
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Progression rewards are the same at level 7. Placement rewards are better, but the precious 4* covers require a top 10 finish. Lower placements will give you 3* covers.
  • fmftint
    Willis wrote:
    Progression rewards are the same at level 7. Placement rewards are better, but the precious 4* covers require a top 10 finish. Lower placements will give you 3* covers.
    Progression in R8 is a whopping +400 iso!
    Placement is +500-1k iso
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    ::sets tar to medium heat::

hkIMY2P.png
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone please settle once and for all if CL is linked to brackets.

Some people say yes, some people say no.

All we know for certain from the game is what rewards we get, not who we complete against.

Along with that do the lower cl's still require the 4's?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Willis wrote:
    Progression in R8 is a whopping +400 iso!
    Placement is +500-1k iso

Bit more coinage, also. 51-300 is +75 HP, progression is +50.

I feel like whether I play CL7 or CL8 is going to depend on who the 3* reward is. I mean, basically all of my 3* are championed, now, so it's all progress (Ragnarok is at 150, I'm only just now re-building Sentry, but those are the exceptions).

But, like, if I place top 200 in CL7, I'd get 3 Elites compared with two 3* covers. +500 ISO, +75 HP, and that's not nothing. but I don't know if it's enough of a boost for me to pick two covers of a 3* who may or may not be a champion-feeding priority over covers that'll either feed the 2* farms or feed one or more 3*.

I'll have to think about it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Can someone please settle once and for all if CL is linked to brackets.

Some people say yes, some people say no.

All we know for certain from the game is what rewards we get, not who we complete against.

Along with that do the lower cl's still require the 4's?
    For placement you only play against people in the same CL as you choose. In PVP your placement will be against players in the same CL but you will fight everyone.

For PVE again you will only be placed in a bracket with players within the CL you have chosen. The nodes you face will be the same regardless of the CL you are in. You will still need the 4* to complete the 4* essential even if you choose CL 1.
  • fmftint
    DFiPL wrote:

But, like, if I place top 200 in CL7, I'd get 3 Elites compared with two 3* covers. +500 ISO, +75 HP, and that's not nothing. but I don't know if it's enough of a boost for me to pick two covers of a 3* who may or may not be a champion-feeding priority over covers that'll either feed the 2* farms or feed one or more 3*.

I'll have to think about it.
    You'll get elite tokens if you place in the cover

You'd get the 2 3☆ covers AND the tokens
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi. As some have noted - you can preview the rewards in-game now.

Sorry, the devs weren't able to get me updated shots in time. Anthony at Demiurge mentioned : "The screenshots posted in error due to a mixup in the event creation. This is the first time we have run Enemy of the State with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels and there was a hiccup due to authoring it under the new system."
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Extremely disappointing to see new scl 8 doesnt at least extend a 4* cover to top 20 rather then just sticking to top 10
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Whooooooo!

Daisy is pretty useful to erase all the Kishu protect tiles, too.
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Tarouza wrote:
    Extremely disappointing to see new scl 8 doesnt at least extend a 4* cover to top 20 rather then just sticking to top 10

It does increase the number of covers at each level. So a top 10 nets you two icon_nova.png covers rather than one. I guess that is a little "rich get richer" and it would have been nice to push the one cover reward to top 20. But hey, look at all of those spiderman covers, huh?!?
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Why is the difference between CL 6 and CL 7 so much greater than between CL 7 and CL 8? Pretty disappointing and doesn't inspire much confidence that CL 9 and 10 will be much better...
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I don't give a **** about the extra 4* covers because I have 0 chance to get them. Yet another "extra" that only helps the 1%. Why not give more tokens more iso and more prizes all the way down? Giving the top 100 a 4* isn't going to break you. Stop being so stingy!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't give a **** about the extra 4* covers because I have 0 chance to get them. Yet another "extra" that only helps the 1%. Why not give more tokens more iso and more prizes all the way down? Giving the top 100 a 4* isn't going to break you. Stop being so stingy!

I mean, they started giving out a low progression 4 star already. That is something completely new that is a pretty good reward. Why should they bother giving better rewards if people will call them stingy every new thing they give out?