S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels & Ranks: New Maximums

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool. More ISO, HP and covers!!!
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Looks likes plenty more HP! At least compared to Venom, that's very welcome for us F2P folks
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Any diffrents in Allince reward for cl8?

In particular, is there perhaps a red Nova cover for T100 alliance?

Otherwise, the drop from two 4* covers to zero 4* covers seems really odd. Throwing in a 4* for alliance T100 would smooth out some of the bracket luck that still plays an uncomfortably big role in your personal placement finish.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Punter1 wrote:
    Looks likes plenty more HP! At least compared to Venom, that's very welcome for us F2P folks
    Dont be fooled by iso and hp on a 7 day event, it's always higher than normal

The SS while technically correct, "earn more 4☆s through placement", is ONE more cover for T10, 11-1000, play harder

BABY STEPS
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    So I guess we'll have to wait for SCL 9 for a 2nd 4* cover in progression?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    The famous D3 post and ghost, why not stick around to take the questions you know are coming?

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Hifi works for the publisher, and isn't a dev for Demiurge, so he can't directly answer any questions anyway. All he can do is act as an intermediary between the devs and us.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, a chunk of SCL7 players will move up to SCL8, but only the top 10 will get more 4* covers? Not even some extra CP here or there to represent partial covers?

It IS an improvement, and I'll most certainly join in and benefit from it, and enjoy that benefit, but in the game to gain and expand 4* covers, it seems like only the rich are getting richer here. The improvements are going to create more people that want/need those covers, without letting more people actually GET those covers.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Punter1 wrote:
    Dont be fooled by iso and hp on a 7 day event, it's always higher than normal

This is the first I've seen 150HP in prog, regardless of length. Also 175HP all the way to 300th, has there been a 7-day PVE with CL to compare to?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    keep protecting those whales
  • fmftint
    edited October 2016
    IMO SCL8 should award 4☆s down to T20

We can dream, right

Instead of giving 1 extra cover to 10 people you should give 10 extra people 1 cover
  • sza
    sza Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    So, this was the spiel provided at the introduction of CL:

Events that reward players based on their roster needs has been a long-requested feature and we are excited to bring that to you with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels!

While it's great a new CL is being rolled out, I'm afraid I'm missing how this new CL is meeing my roster needs. What my roster needs is progression into 5* land. Or is D3's interpretation of "roster needs" just HP and ISO?

I am honestly at a loss as to how to progress - more 5* are being introduced thereby diluting the pool in the classics. I pull the latest tokens, maybe get a 1-2 covers of the latest 5* and before you know they move to classics. And no amount of hoarding CP seems to help covering a 5* cos by the time you hoard, the pool has diluted again and I have these 5*s collecting dust.

I would certainly like to hear D3's 'recommendation' on how to progress.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Anyone here hit shield rank 100 yet? I'm guessing if you bought a boatload of 40 packs and are farming, but I can't even fathom the grinding necessary to jump 35 ranks to hit 100 since SRs were introduced
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Is it just me being blind, or are the rewards for placing 11-20 identical with 21-50?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    So CL8 is another 3*>4* Clearance Level?

That's where I am, so I'm fine with that, but the vets still need their own playground.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, so the progression rewards net you +400 ISO and +50 HP over CL7? And that's it? And the placement still limits 4*s to the top ten.

Well that's a big pile of meh...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    sza wrote:
    So, this was the spiel provided at the introduction of CL:

Events that reward players based on their roster needs has been a long-requested feature and we are excited to bring that to you with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels!

While it's great a new CL is being rolled out, I'm afraid I'm missing how this new CL is meeing my roster needs. What my roster needs is progression into 5* land. Or is D3's interpretation of "roster needs" just HP and ISO?

I am honestly at a loss as to how to progress - more 5* are being introduced thereby diluting the pool in the classics. I pull the latest tokens, maybe get a 1-2 covers of the latest 5* and before you know they move to classics. And no amount of hoarding CP seems to help covering a 5* cos by the time you hoard, the pool has diluted again and I have these 5*s collecting dust.

I would certainly like to hear D3's 'recommendation' on how to progress.

On the one hand, I see where you're coming from.

On the other hand, SCL8 is clearly not for 5* rosters. SCL9 (or more likely SCL10) is more likely to fit your needs.

I get the complaint, but of course it doesn't fit your needs. It's not for you.

(granted, even just an extra 5CP or so scattered through progression, or extra CP available from placement, could make it friendlier to the transition, and they ought to have something for people trying to cover 5*s sooner rather than later, but you can hardly blame them for building the foundation TO where you are before building on top of it, you know?)
  • fmftint
    Instead of giving the same 10 players 1 extra cover you should be giving 10 additional players 1 cover.

Net same 10 extra covers awarded, 10 more players progress
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The last time they dragged their heels, it was over what to do with a new character release.

Putting a different colour of a new release into progression?

I FREAKING LOVE THAT!

There must have been some debate over whether to go in on that, the finance quarters being wary of it.

But they executed it.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the vet CLs are coming, we're just not there yet. I may sound negative sometimes but I often hope for the best while trying to point out the flaws.

This is effectively beta testing.

The Clearance Levels need to fulfill the requirements of players just breaking that threshold, without depopulating lower CLs.

This looks like the transition to 4* competitive CL.

Hopefully the next is the 4* player CL.

Past that one, then, at CL10, being the greybeard 5* transition CL.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I want to know is: Is KD that close to level 100 that they had to bump up the maximum to 125 already? Or has he already been there and has been pushing for more levels?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    What I want to know is: Is KD that close to level 100 that they had to bump up the maximum to 125 already? Or has he already been there and has been pushing for more levels?

I've seen at least one non-KD whale hit 100 recently. I assume KD's been there for weeks.