S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels & Ranks: New Maximums

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ding wrote:
    So will those that got the 100k reward not be getting rewards until they've "paid back" that 100k? Otherwise it seems extremely unfair to remove it from those of us that haven't gotten there yet.
    If you haven't gotten there to get it... how are they 'removing' it from you?

Also, if you had hit level 100, got your 100K Iso, then a few weeks later found out they increased the cap and no longer offer 100K at level 100, you would give back the Iso? Or would you be on here with a new post saying "I hit 100 and got 100k, and they want to take it back... tinykitty that!"

Rewards getting better after you win the **** ones... can be a little upset.
    Changing rewards that you aren't even close to getting yet... no reason to feel jilted or angry at those that benefit from it.
  • Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Ding wrote:
    So will those that got the 100k reward not be getting rewards until they've "paid back" that 100k? Otherwise it seems extremely unfair to remove it from those of us that haven't gotten there yet.

I guess another thing to note is for those who hit level 100 probably stopped getting any more XP from game activities. Is it fair to them that they may have accumulated thousands of XP after they hit level 100 before the level cap is removed?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    What I'd really like to know is the underlying mechanical philosophy behind clearance levels. Why was it launched with only 7 of 10 levels? What are the planned criteria for levels 8-10? What is it about levels 8-10 that meant they couldn't be launched with the rest of the system? Is the system designed to be scalable? Are there plans to add higher levels in the future?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    Ding wrote:
    I don't know, will those that got the 100k reward be "paid back" the XP they should've gained while at 100 that instead just went into an abyss? A 50k ISO bonus to the first group to hit 100 (in exchange for losing out on XP to help you hit the next level) doesn't strike me as "extremely unfair," but whatever.

Agreed, the whole point of the extra bonus at the current max is meant to tide you over until more levels eventually come.

Also if they queued up your exp like Ding seems to be suggesting, then players would get to a point where every time they make a new cap, they immediately hit the new cap the second it launches due to saved exp, which would kinda kill the whole point...
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    What I'd really like to know is the underlying mechanical philosophy behind clearance levels. Why was it launched with only 7 of 10 levels? What are the planned criteria for levels 8-10? What is it about levels 8-10 that meant they couldn't be launched with the rest of the system? Is the system designed to be scalable? Are there plans to add higher levels in the future?

I think the implication was there just weren't enough players to appropriately fill in a clearance level 8, so they would be offering potentially more rewards to a much smaller pool of players.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

I think the implication was there just weren't enough players to appropriately fill in a clearance level 8, so they would be offering potentially more rewards to a much smaller pool of players.

The biggest thing you are seeing now is the seperation since shield rank was done by roster slots and levels. Those who had more rosters started out higher than similar levels of players with smaller rosters. Now that shield rank has been out players are separating themselves and the higher CL can be determined. For example I am at CL 72 about to kit 73. In a month I should be able to fit in to CL 9, but will not fit into CL 10. Those who are at or close to 100 are a small minority of players. If they started CL 8-10 right away there as players leveled up ther could be an event with a pool of 1 player for the CL. The delay has created the gap for real CL 8-10.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    And the carrot moves even further away.

Why cap everyone at lvl 65, with a max of 100, then increase the max to 125? I've accumulated 10 levels since launch, putting me at 75. I actually felt like I was accomplishing something and then you moved the goal posts.

Here's an idea: move the goal posts but leave the 100K at lvl 100 and make higher gradients from there (101K, 102K, whatever...) instead of reducing the amount given at lvl 100 by almost half. I'm not sure if you noticed buy people are dying for iso around here.

UNLESS... are you planning on tying an iso multiplier to Shield Rank? Because, honestly, you should. If you don't want to give to much iso to the people in the beginning of the game but acknowledge that as you get further in the game, you need exponentially more iso, why not tie it to your new measuring stick? If I knew I would get a 1.x multiplier for iso when I reached a certain level, it would really keep me reaching.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    madsalad wrote:
    are you planning on tying an iso multiplier to Shield Rank?

A thousand times "yup" to this.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, 1% ISO bonus per shield level, both from free sources (PvE and PvP nodes/rewards - other sources like selling/promoting covers would be breaking whole game) and $ sources like buying ISO (prices are outdated tbh, i doubt someone would buy 78k ISO) and VIP, would be awesome.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    And the carrot moves even further away.

The maximum SHIELD Rank isn't a carrot, it's a wall. As long as you're gaining ranks you're getting regular ISO influxes from ranking up; once you hit the cap, that influx stops. Why would getting no more rank-up bonuses be a desirable thing?
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    So David, why are you waiting for screenshots to post CL 8 rewards? Why not just post the info in text form? You know someone is just going to have to transcribe the image to text anyway for the wiki. Why make everything slower and harder by using screenshots?
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Updated post with rewards screens.

Where? I have looked through all 4 current pages of the thread, and don't see the rewards screen. Can someone help me, I feel lost here, lol.
  • broll
    BigRussian wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Updated post with rewards screens.

Where? I have looked through all 4 current pages of the thread, and don't see the rewards screen. Can someone help me, I feel lost here, lol.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

Sorry, everyone. Got word that the screenshots posted earlier came from a test event and did not have the correct data. As soon as I receive new screens I'll re-post.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    DrDoMe wrote:
    So David, why are you waiting for screenshots to post CL 8 rewards? Why not just post the info in text form? You know someone is just going to have to transcribe the image to text anyway for the wiki. Why make everything slower and harder by using screenshots?

David doesn't actually work on the dev team, and IIRC he's not even in the same office. When he posts news it's not stuff he already knew, it's stuff that was sent to him and he relayed it to us. In this case they sent him the wrong stuff, and he has to wait for the correct details.
  • broll
    Hopefully the correct stuff comes soon, suspense is killing me.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    DrDoMe wrote:

David doesn't actually work on the dev team, and IIRC he's not even in the same office. When he posts news it's not stuff he already knew, it's stuff that was sent to him and he relayed it to us. In this case they sent him the wrong stuff, and he has to wait for the correct details.

Yeah, that's how I've understood it. Which makes me wonder, why aren't the people with the information the ones making the post? I mean, we don't want to put David out of a job or anything. Still, I can't help thinking...
    download-5.jpg

Just kidding David. I know you're a lot more responsive than the devs.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    DrDoMe wrote:

Yeah, that's how I've understood it. Which makes me wonder, why aren't the people with the information the ones making the post? I mean, we don't want to put David out of a job or anything. Still, I can't help thinking...
    download-5.jpg

Just kidding David. I know you're a lot more responsive than the devs.

Did you jump to that conclusion? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Why not leave the 100k as a nice bonus for reaching rank 100 and then drop it back down at 101? Seems silly to punish those of us who haven't had time to get there.

Correction: "Seems silly to punish those of us who haven't bought enough packs to get there

I've been playing every event plus ddq since the implementation of shield rank, and I'm nowhere near rank 100. So for someone to reach 100 before me would be opening a ton of tokens at 3 xp per. icon_lol.gif Go whales!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Over/under

Will we see accurate SS before the event preview goes live?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    JHawkInc wrote:
    The improvements are going to create more people that want/need those covers, without letting more people actually GET those covers.

*whispers* The majority of the players are supposed to buy tokens w/ 0.1% draw and try their luck at those new covers. icon_twisted.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_lol.gif