S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels & Ranks: New Maximums

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Because placement is still super stingy. Especially since they went away from refreshes. Its a problem we've been asking them to address the entire 950 days I've been playing. There is no reason the placement prizes should still look like this is a 2* meta game. Are you satisfied spending 28 to 35 hours playing a 7 day PvE and getting your couple of 2* tokens for your placement because you weren't willing to play 50 to 70? They've made great strides in progression, why keep being so tight with placement?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two CLs from the max and they're still treating 4*s like shiny baubles for only the best to play with in the placement rewards.

So tedious.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    CL8 offers 400 more ISO and 50 more HP - why did they even bother and how did that take so long to come up with?

At least make it a decent increase. Where's the encouragement to play CL8?

It should be at least 2000 ISO and 200 HP more, and a 4* for top 20.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Anyone noticed at CL8, U get better rewards with rank 2 - 5 than ranked 1?
    Rank 1 : 3 nova's covers, 10000 Iso and 200 hp
    Rank 2 - 5 : 3 nova's covers, 3 spidey covers, 26000 Iso and 575 hp.. icon_eek.gif
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    tph_james wrote:
    Rank 2 - 5 : 3 nova's covers, 3 spidey covers, 26000 Iso and 575 hp.. icon_eek.gif

I had. Seems strange. Matters not to me. I'll manage, #104. Calling it now.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:

I'll wager that's a typo, and that first might actually get 6 covers (the 3 Novas, plus previous rank rewards). But will have to wait and see and ask someone that gets first
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    This is really disappointing. I have waited to have the info in game to see the final results, and in Progression the difference is 400 iso and 50HP. That's it. Not even 5CP more. For Placement you can potentially get a little bit more iso, like 1000 more or so.

So, what's the point of SCL8????? What difference is it going to make to anybody playing there?!?!?! A lot of people might start playing SCL7 when they should have played SCL8 just to get higher placement rewards, and they will block progression for real SCL7 players.

Let's see, this rule is from first curse of game design:

THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE A BIG INCENTIVE TO PLAY IN HIGHEST RANK/DIFFICULTY POSSIBLE!

If somebody decides to play in a lower rank, it should be for other reasons, never because the reward difference is so small, it is not worth it.

PS: How is SCL10 going to be 500 more iso 100 more HP and 1 extra CP?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping sub rewards got A LOT better, else what's the point of rolling out CL 8 at all.

Really disappointed.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty disappointing by the CL8 as well. It almost seems like the devs made it intentionally low to spite us for not liking Boss Rush.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Devs are really missing a point about CLs. Now there are some people entering lower CL because competition is easier and rewards between CLs are minimal. Rewards between CLs should be so significant that once player has high enough Shield rank to enter the next CL, they should never want to enter lower one anymore.

In EoTS the iso difference in placement rewards is 1k and this is for 7-day event. I'm assuming that for 4-day events the reward difference is going to be 500 iso, so there really ain't much of an incentive to enter the higher CL. And the prog differences between CL7 and CL8 is even more pitiful.

Since CL6 rewarded 4-star to first place, CL7 to top10, one would assume that the trend would continue (ie. CL8 top20, CL9 top50, CL10 top100), but apparently that would have been too logical. Just keeping 4-star placement reward for top10 crazies shouldn't be the way to go. Those guys shouldn't get more incentive to play, most of them should get their medication in order and some taste of real life.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still have 4 ranks to go before this affects me, but good to know
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    loslupus77 wrote:
    Since CL6 rewarded 4-star to first place, CL7 to top10, one would assume that the trend would continue (ie. CL8 top20, CL9 top50, CL10 top100), but apparently that would have been too logical.

This. As a 4-start transitioner I'm really happy about to changes in progression rewards. Now I can just make my way up to 575 in pvp to get a random 4-star cover any 2 events and I can get a non-random 4-star cover in pve progression, so I'm starting to feel like I'm going somewhere. I just don't feel the need to try for placement cos I know I wont get anything out of it. If this it's just working as intended ok, good to know, I'll stick with placement reward and be happy about it, a 4-star cover for top20 in CL8 seemed to be fair though.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I was really hoping that with CL8 (or 9) would replace all of the 3* rewards from progression in CL7 with 4*. As we all have mentioned, getting 4* is pretty tedious and a loooong process. Adding a single 4* to progression for CL7 was a great idea, and now CL8 should be pushing the idea further. I have all but 4 of the 3* characters champed, and not a single 4* worth using yet.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Is my logic flawed?

I'm thinking that the difficulty of placing in the top 10 for SCL7 and SCL8 has been cut roughly in half with the addition of level 8.

We don't know the exact percentage, but for arguments sake lets say that 50% of the players that were in level 7 move to level 8. Since SCL7 rewards remain and SCL8 rewards are added, doesn't that mean that the chance to get top 10 placement rewards has doubled? Twice as many 4* covers will be handed with the addition of SCL8.

Or do brackets and shards cancel this out?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    If we all just stay in CL7 maybe they will get the hint and increase the rewards to entice us to move up. Just a thought

s my logic flawed?

I'm thinking that the difficulty of placing in the top 10 for SCL7 and SCL8 has been cut roughly in half with the addition of level 8.

We don't know the exact percentage, but for arguments sake lets say that 50% of the players that were in level 7 move to level 8. Since SCL7 rewards remain and SCL8 rewards are added, doesn't that mean that the chance to get top 10 placement rewards has doubled? Twice as many 4* covers will be handed with the addition of SCL8.

Or do brackets and shards cancel this out?

Well if there used to be 4 brackets of CL7, now there will just be 2 brackets in CL7 and 2 brackets in CL8. Same number of people win

As far as difficulty, that depends on which people move up and which stay behind. Think about this extreme case for example:
    50% of people play casual, 50% of people take the event serious.

If the 50% that play serious all move up to SCL8, they are now in a bracket where 100% of the people play serious, so difficulty just increased tremendously for them. Meanwhile, the 50% of casual players that stayed behind in SCL7 are now in a bracket with 100% casual players, so for them the difficulty just got way easier.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic wrote:
    If we all just stay in CL7 maybe they will get the hint and increase the rewards to entice us to move up.

Nah, they'd just never release 9+ because 8 isn't even filling.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Is everyone forgetting that there are subs which also offer better rewards for higher clearance levels? Those subs could easily add up to an extra token and HP and CP and ISO, I am guessing an extra 25 HP and 1-2 CP and 500 ISO a sub. Over the course of a week, that would be an additional 175 HP, 7-14 CP, and 3500 ISO, in addition to the extra main event rewards. So that is nothing to sneeze at. Also, how is a guaranteed 3 star cover for placement not better than an elite token?
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    says on cl screen "earn extra 4* covers through placement"
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    snlf25 wrote:
    I don't give a **** about the extra 4* covers because I have 0 chance to get them. Yet another "extra" that only helps the 1%. Why not give more tokens more iso and more prizes all the way down? Giving the top 100 a 4* isn't going to break you. Stop being so stingy!
    Everyone has a chance at getting them, you just have to play the game militantly.

If you're just going to play casual then expect casual rewards.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic wrote:
    If the 50% that play serious all move up to SCL8, they are now in a bracket where 100% of the people play serious, so difficulty just increased tremendously for them. Meanwhile, the 50% of casual players that stayed behind in SCL7 are now in a bracket with 100% casual players, so for them the difficulty just got way easier.

The Prisoner's Dilemma!