Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boss rewards look good. For Round 1 (assume they will be the same for all rounds): 8 rewards...

3 commandpoints.png
    2 500 iso8.png
    2 1000 iso8.png
    1 Mystery Boost

And the boosted are Winter Soldier, Doom and Ares, as expected (rewards from Venom Bomb), along with the following "reinforcements":
    • TA Hulk
    • Wasp
    • Kingpin
    • XFW
    • Hulk
    • Patch
    • Human Torch (Classic)
    • Storm (Mohawk)
    • Sentry
    • Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Modern)
    • Hawkeye (Classic)
    • Storm (Modern)

And Gwenpool and Luke Cage have new character boosts.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And the boosted are Winter Soldier, Doom and Ares, as expected (rewards from Venom Bomb), along with the following "reinforcements":
    • TA Hulk
    • Wasp
    • Kingpin
    • XFW
    • Hulk
    • Patch
    • Human Torch (Classic)
    • Storm (Mohawk)
    • Sentry
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Modern)
    • Hawkeye (Classic)
    • Storm (Modern)

Not a question for daywalker but why does the buff list look so much different than the weekly buff list? Where is GR, Hulkbuster, and iceman???
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    *Alliance Placement*
      1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points 26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points 51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points 501-1000 - 500 Iso-8 1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8
    What about those who leave their aliance and create a new one only for themselves? Guaranteed 1st place?
  • bmd2007
    bmd2007 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It may just be me, but it appears rounds are unlocked based on individual progress this time, not alliance progress. If this is right, no need to cannibalize alliances into super alliances unless you really want to fight for that top 100 alliance mo storm reward. May even be good to go with small alliances for the mo stotm from 1st place within the alliance.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Isn't that a bug? How will anyone clear later rounds unless they drastically lowered the health?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are the points always so screwy in these things?

I've done the boss twice and two pins...and there's 553 points remaining for this round...and no-one in my alliance seems to want to do the boss because it's a waste.
    Why is it set up so we have this silly remaining point score? I can beat the boss, earn 6000 points but 5447 of them are wasted.
  • bmd2007
    bmd2007 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are 3 bosses per wave, which will probably help individuals clear later rounds. Rounds are individual, so no one else in your alliance is going to finish the last 500 pts for you. Excess points from beating a boss roll over into your next round progress.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I've done the boss twice and two pins...and there's 553 points remaining for this round...and no-one in my alliance seems to want to do the boss because it's a waste.
    Why is it set up so we have this silly remaining point score? I can beat the boss, earn 6000 points but 5447 of them are wasted.

It looks like excess damage is being carried over into the next round. I took the last hit on round 1, the counter went down and looked like it reset to max and continued going down, and I started round 2 with reduced health, so actually no points are wasted, you still end up bringing down round 2's health using round 1's points
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • TA Hulk
    • Wasp
    • Kingpin
    • XFW
    • Hulk
    • Patch
    • Human Torch (Classic)
    • Storm (Mohawk)
    • Sentry
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Modern)
    • Hawkeye (Classic)
    • Storm (Modern)

This boost list is SO DISAPPOINTING. I just got done using Kingpin for a whole week. I DON'T WANT TO USE HIM ANYMORE. Where is Iceman? HB? Seriously?

Good thing Kingpin and XFW work so well together. Oh wait, no they don't. At all.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Round 2 is not starting for some people
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    they sure arent making a big deal of it. not even giving details on the bosses. icon_redface.gif

Agreed. That plus the weak rewards, it seems kind half assed. icon_neutral.gif Most of my alliance wasn't even aware of it till I called it out.
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    I'm disappointed that we can't get xp from anything but 8 clears of the boss node. We won't be able to do that until very late rounds.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So you took one of the best bits about boss events, the co-operative aspect, and got rid of it, eh?
    Sure there are times that it was irritating if folks weren't pulling their weight, but it pulled us together, and it was good for my grinding like mad to help others get covers they couldn't otherwise reach (and in some cases which I couldn't use).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe the tiny tidbit that this was NOT going to be an alliance event could have been just a little bit better communicated?

Cause the whole playerbase assumed it would follow the format of... every other boss event so far.

I know the devs have problems with communication, but this is a pretty monumental mishap.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Already almost wiping round two? Already not having fun. Also some of the boss abilities don't trigger c4ge passive. ****?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep now I am locked in. I don't want to play this as it's not an alliance event, the very aspect pulling together I loved about these events. Now I am locked in with an alliance in an event I don't want to play but have to as the alliance want the score and I don't want to look a ****.

Terrible terrible comms. Thanks for ruining a weekend!

Worst boss event yet, congratulations. Shove your peggys.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got through 2nd round easy. Got to finish the last node and got stomped by Final Boss Ultron.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Personal progression only? You're not even working with your alliance to clear the bosses? What. the. tinykitty?! icon_evil.gif

Yeah I won't be slogging through this for long.

EDIT: It hurts / helps that I have neither Winter Soldier nor Wasp (2 of the only 3 4* I don't have), so I'm locked out of 2 of the 5 nodes. Easy decision. Middle finger to this.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Round 3 has level 348 bosses... Happy Anniversary everyone: "You are supposed to lose"
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    metallion wrote:

It looks like excess damage is being carried over into the next round. I took the last hit on round 1, the counter went down and looked like it reset to max and continued going down, and I started round 2 with reduced health, so actually no points are wasted, you still end up bringing down round 2's health using round 1's points

Yeah I noticed about 5 minutes after my post that that was the case. Also as said above it seems progression is personal and not alliance-wide.
This discussion has been closed.