Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• thanos8587
    Options
    i can only hope this is one of those events you can push hard, finish saturday and quit before the scaling makes it a bore. #getthepeggycoversandout. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi, all.

Boss Rush is almost upon us and Demiurge have provided some details for the event that we hope you'll find useful. Read up for the lowdown!

Thanks for the info David.
    I'd like a precision though:

Is your score locked with the alliance you were at the start of the event, like for Civil War?
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey, people need to relax a little more! I'm ok with both Peggy and Storm (with champion system, each cover is valuable)
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LOL. this ****.

I was actually a little upset that I would be camping this weekend and miss out on this event. after seeing this thread, I am going to RELISH getting some time out of doors and enjoying the splendors of the world.

yes, some Peggy covers would be cool, but it doesn't sound like even that is reward enough for the apparent level of effort.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A solid chance at THREE covers for one of the most useful 4*s in the game for three days of play, plus assorted other lesser swag, and people are disappointed? Y'all are complainers.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Seven wrote:
    I don’t understand why scaling must be done based on time rather than progress. I wish the missions scaled with each round completed. The way things are, my poor alliance of mostly casual players usually ends up quitting after 24 hours. I don’t think we’ve ever made it past the fourth round of a boss event.

I would be much happier if roster strength determined how well we did rather than when we decide to play.

This rings true with the casual alliance I'm in. When the going gets tough the casual get going.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no preview?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    LOL. this tinykitty.

I was actually a little upset that I would be camping this weekend and miss out on this event. after seeing this thread, I am going to RELISH getting some time out of doors and enjoying the splendors of the world.

yes, some Peggy covers would be cool, but it doesn't sound like even that is reward enough for the apparent level of effort.

What are they thinking, waves and waves of bosses. If it's too tough I will not hesitate in getting out of there.
    #justsaying.... as they say on Twitter.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Boss events don't usually use the boosted character list, so I suppose we have to wait and see.

Civil War doesn't, but I don't remember Ultron having a separate boosted list.
    As far as I can tell the last run of Ultron had a separate boost list too - it boosted Ghost Rider, Peggy Carter, XForce Deadpool, Captain Falcon and Hulkbuster on the fourstar front while the boosted list that week had Ant-man, Jean Grey, Thor and X-23.
    Sources here and here.
    Agreed. I believe every boss event that has been run has had its own separate boosted list. Doesn't mean this one will definitely be the same, just makes it likely.

I can say that it is also very likely that we will have required character nodes for Winter Soldier, Doom and Ares, based on the rewards for Venom Bomb (and the required nodes for boss events following PVEs in the past).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awarding (arguably) the best 4* for completion = good. My question though - what are the in battle rewards? That's where the real rewards are.

Is the boss wave giving out a bunch of CP? 1000 iso per side mission? Tokens? (anniversary or event)

That's way more important.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    giving the 1st rank an extra 3* cover as reward seems a bit stupid. I mean, if you finish first in your alliance, chances are that you really won't need that 3* Storm (unless you're in an utter newbie alliance). I think it'd be better to replace it with an extra anniversary token, for example.
    Actually, I'd take the 3 heroic tokens from second. Sell cost is at least 750 ISO, and chance of 3-stars. Or better still, 3 Heroic and 1 Anniversary. Leave the ISO at 4000 like second place, and keep the 100 HP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does this start in an hour? It seems weird that there is no in game preview yet.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And what is really new to this one? Same mechanic as the last events except now we have boss waves (like in Cho´s event) instead of only one boss. The rest is the same problems as in these events.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll wrote:
    Does this start in an hour? It seems weird that there is no in game preview yet.

I figured it started tomorrow - every other boss event ever has started on a Friday.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll wrote:

I figured it started tomorrow - every other boss event ever has started on a Friday.

Nah, they always start on Thursday, and the anniversary announcement said it started 10/13 also.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Boss Rush - Starts 12:00 PM EDT 10/13

from the anniversary highlights. they sure arent making a big deal of it. not even giving details on the bosses. icon_redface.gif
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like it's red, blue, yellow for pegcap progression rewards. My 4/0/3 Peggy is unsurprised. icon_neutral.gif
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Of course Peggy's yellow is the round 8 reward. I'm not too excited of the prospect of my 3/0/3 Peggy getting to Round 7 to be 4/0/4
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll wrote:

Nah, they always start on Thursday, and the anniversary announcement said it started 10/13 also.

Just saw the preview. I stand corrected.

Still, some advance notice in game would have been nice. Not much, maybe a day, or even 12 hours. You know, SO WE CAN HAVE TIME TO GET ALLIANCES COORDINATED
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Another "nice" surprise: Devil Dino isn't boosted for this event. I guess being boosted for most of the Anniversary is enough?
This discussion has been closed.