Boss Rush Event: Info & Rewards *Updated

Options

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm happy about the Peggy covers. I consider the rest just a bonus.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    *Alliance Placement*
    1-2 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    3-10 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 5000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    11-25 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points
    26-50 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points
    51-100 - Storm (Mohawk) Yellow Cover, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    101-250 - 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    251-50 - 500 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points
    501-1000 - 500 Iso-8
    1001-10000 - 250 Iso-8

Hmm, -50HP but +2K ISO doesn't seem quite right for going from T25 to T10
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don’t understand why scaling must be done based on time rather than progress. I wish the missions scaled with each round completed. The way things are, my poor alliance of mostly casual players usually ends up quitting after 24 hours. I don’t think we’ve ever made it past the fourth round of a boss event.

I would be much happier if roster strength determined how well we did rather than when we decide to play.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I understood timing minion node scaling to time in the Civil War event, since it would have unlocked the corresponding boss. I concur that for Ultron/Galactus/Boss Rush, it makes more sense to tie side pin scaling to progress through the event instead of strictly to time. It's brutal for those who have commute+job over Friday.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any chance of minion node scaling going back to Ultron/Galactus round-based method?
    I dunno, Peggy is a pretty great 4* reward. Especially if her yellow is the lowest progression cover.
    I think we all know that her yellowflag.png will be the round 8 reward.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Not going to complain over one of the most desirable 4* in the current meta, but all the other awards for what seems like a super hard event appear to be extraordinary weak and not very anniversary-like.

Hope there are some tokens being dished out for individual nodes but right now it looks extremely underwhelming.

Everything else is great so far this week especially double iso LR, so overall Anniversary III is awesome - but this event just looks out of place.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- Missions get more difficult every 8 hours

Why?

Hm? Why do they get more difficult every 8 hours?

Explain to me! Why in the blue HELL can't they get more difficult AS YOU PROGRESS? Why is difficulty measured purely by how quickly you burn through the rounds? Why could it be possible to work so slowly that round 1 has a level 200 boss and level 300 pins?

Why can't you just make these boss levels increase in difficulty when you move to the next round!?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would it be possible to extend the Lightning rounds through the duration of this "wonderfully" "challenging" "full of slogging" event so we can actually have something fun to do?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I'm guessing Peggy and Storm are the required for the post-anniversary PVE? Is it Red-ISO 8 then? I think that's the one where Peggy replaced Steve in the dialogue sections.

Yeah, saw someone else reach similar conclusion as I did; a three-star as inter and intra alliance reward is probably best way to avoid alliance friction. Except...

Alliance Commander: "Hey guys. Congrats to BachelorsDoom on getting first place!"
    BachelorsDoom: "Oh, hey. It were nuthin', doncha' know? Cost a few dozen health pack, but it was worth, yah?"
    RandomMember1: "Check it out! Heroic token from placing sixth nabbed me a Kate Bishop Black!"
    RandomMember2: "Nice. I got another War Machine from mine (2/3/4)"
    RandomMember3: "I figured the Elite Token would just be my fifth Moonstone of the day, but I got an IM40. Put him at 183 for my fifth HB red."
    RandomMember4: "Yeah, my Elite was a Moonstone, but I'm farming 2-stars anyway, and I don't mind building up Hulk into reworked CHulk."
    Alliance Commander: "So... Hey, first place is pretty awesome effort!"
    (BachelorsDoom has left your alliance)
    Alliance Commander: "tinykitty Storm"
    RandomMember5: "Oh hey guys! Just got back on. I was a little disappointed by getting second, but the Heroics got me IFist, SWitch, and (dun, dun, dun) Peggy Yellow!"
    (Alliance Commander has left your alliance)
    RandomMember5: "Was it something I said?"
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So pvp and this event have dropped the ball.

Thank god for double iso and the vault, thank you for those, even if it was during the same old pve events we're tired of

Because this blows outside of peggy.

No one wanted alliance competition or awards.

Stop treating 4 stars like the end of the road.

I don't understand how people are actually putting effort in and getting this out.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Individual alliance placement rewards are so dumb. The most helpful people in the alliance are the people who burn through the first 4 rounds as soon as the event opens, and they are rewarded with....fewer points and a lower placement. There's really no reason to have people competing against each other within the alliance - even if the differences between the rewards are small.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    3 star.png Strorm????
    REALLY???
    I'll take my Peggy covers at progression and be done. Why push for alliance placement for Storm?
    So... If they made alliance placement rewards BETTER, how would you feel about it? E.g. if 1st place was a bonus Peggy. If you knew that anyone could just start a new alliance and beat 1 node for "1st place" and a 4-star cover, how would you feel about fighting hard for four days to earn (maybe) three? Junk rewards are good. They add just enough reward to be worth some sporting competition, but not so much that you'll be like, "Wow, you stole 1st place from me, bud, now it's time to die."
    an1979 wrote:
    * Supporting Character Missions
    - Missions get more difficult every 8 hours
    Just what everyone wanted and asked for!
    I hope scaling will be as brutal as ever!
    icon_cool.gif
    I think I heard a rumor that it starts at 10 and then just goes up by 125 levels each 8 hours. icon_twisted.gificon_razz.gif
    Why do the devs even try to introduce new game features to criticize?! I already spend hours grinding every pve node 6 times each day, I don't have time for this "innovation"
    Chill, everybody, chill. Tokens and double ISO and Peggy Carter covers are something we all want. Let's all just PLAY THE EVENT, first, THEN complain about it if it's disappointing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Extremely happy with Peggy Carter rewards. Mine is 5/3/4 with two more red covers in the queue, so I have been meaning to champ her as soon as I got another blue or yellow cover...
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm a little bit disappointed. When they announced they'd introduce a new type of alliance event, I had expected something a bit more innovative than this. Basically it's just the same format as every other alliance event, except instead of a boss we will fight a wave of bosses.

Peggy reward is nice, though.

/edit: also, one other thing that comes to mind: giving the 1st rank an extra 3* cover as reward seems a bit stupid. I mean, if you finish first in your alliance, chances are that you really won't need that 3* Storm (unless you're in an utter newbie alliance). I think it'd be better to replace it with an extra anniversary token, for example.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Seven wrote:
    I don’t understand why scaling must be done based on time rather than progress. I wish the missions scaled with each round completed. The way things are, my poor alliance of mostly casual players usually ends up quitting after 24 hours. I don’t think we’ve ever made it past the fourth round of a boss event.

I would be much happier if roster strength determined how well we did rather than when we decide to play.

1000x this.

Boss events are so unique and I'd really like to help my alliance and contribute points, instead of having to fk off after round 3-5, when points are actually getting good, but I can't beat the boss anymore, because of riddiculous scaling.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What's the list of boosted characters?
    This
    (10/13/16 - 10/19/16)
    4* - Ghost Rider, Iceman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Nick Fury
    3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, Loki, Spider-Man
    2* - Ares, Storm
    1* - Black Widow, Juggernaut
    ?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    This
    (10/13/16 - 10/19/16)
    3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Captain Marvel, Doctor Doom, Loki, Spider-Man
    2* - Ares, Storm
    ?
    Boss events don't usually use the boosted character list, so I suppose we have to wait and see.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kjempen wrote:
    This
    (10/13/16 - 10/19/16)
    2* - Ares, Storm
    ?
    Boss events don't usually use the boosted character list, so I suppose we have to wait and see.

Civil War doesn't, but I don't remember Ultron having a separate boosted list.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Kjempen wrote:
    This
    (10/13/16 - 10/19/16)
    2* - Ares, Storm
    ?

Civil War doesn't, but I don't remember Ultron having a separate boosted list.
    As far as I can tell the last run of Ultron had a separate boost list too - it boosted Ghost Rider, Peggy Carter, XForce Deadpool, Captain Falcon and Hulkbuster on the fourstar front while the boosted list that week had Ant-man, Jean Grey, Thor and X-23.
    Sources here and here.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, a Storm cover. I will make my alliancemates trip so I can get that. I need to recruit a 1-cover Yelena purple and IM35 blue to send them if they ask for team-ups. Maybe Elektra purple.

I hope the boss waves take into account that Galactus auto wins if it has enough black. I don't say drain the enemy AP between waves, but for Galactus it could be an exception.
This discussion has been closed.