Simulator Basics part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Mar 21-30)

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    This is really quite remarkable. I'm sitting in 43rd place overall with 250k points, just waiting for my nodes to refresh.
    First place has 271k points, while 10th has 261k - there are as many points separating 1st and 10th as there are separating 10th and 43rd.

Incredible.
  • Isn't this event over yet???? Yeesh.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

Then back to whining about missing out on alliance rewards icon_razz.gif
  • Jathro wrote:
    This is really quite remarkable. I'm sitting in 43rd place overall with 250k points, just waiting for my nodes to refresh.
    First place has 271k points, while 10th has 261k - there are as many points separating 1st and 10th as there are separating 10th and 43rd.

Incredible.

That happens all the time - everyone is pushing to get the progression award and then stopping.
  • Ghast wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm a little worried. I finished my nodes over 13 hours ago, and some still show 1 point.

Dude, that sucks. Are you sure you got the timing right?

Pretty sure. it was 8:30pm when I started, didn't take me long to hit the nodes I wanted (just the three Thor ones down to zero). it's now 10:30am here (and I know it didn't take me 2 hours to do those few nodes) and it's a little sad. I mean, I can try and do the other nodes, get some more points...but they are inevitably more difficult. Oh well. We do what we can, right?

Edit: Phew. Just ticked over. not huge points, but hey, I'll take it. 1 hour to the end. Time to pray.
  • This event is a failure. I grinded the first 3 rounds, ending up with 10-40th place finishes, but was ending up in 60-75th place overall. Now, I've fallen down to 125-150th place!? Love checking the leaderboards to see lower level players with crazy high scores, too. There is no disparity or consistency. Eff this garbage; not that I want to show any support for these force-fed, lazy, cash grabs for D3, but I'm sure Steve Rodgers will be a required character in the next few events.
  • Isn't this event over yet???? Yeesh.

Seriously!!!

These 10 days grind fests are not worth it.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Jathro wrote:

Incredible.

That happens all the time - everyone is pushing to get the progression award and then stopping.

Yup.

Unless a player needs Yellow IW still, there is pretty much zero incentive for places 3 - 50 in this tourney. 250k should pretty easily lock down top 50 placement.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Lyrian wrote:
    250k should pretty easily lock down top 50 placement.
    You haven't seen my bracket (Twysta leading it with 279k)... I'm at 252k, #63. I guess I won't be able to reach top 50 after all, but we'll see :3
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    locked wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    You haven't seen my bracket (Twysta leading it with 279k)... I'm at 252k, #63. I guess I won't be able to reach top 50 after all, but we'll see :3
    in this one too, locked. to give you a benchmark, i'm at 260k, #35
  • 10 minutes to go and I'm out of health packs. Level 230 without a 5 blue Spidey ain't easy.

Now, time to sit and wait.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    locked wrote:

I'm in Twysta bracket too. I'm at 56th place and I have given up on getting in top 50. Currently 51th place has 256892 points and I have depleted my health packs and rich nodes. Well it is not like I needed that red Captain so I'm not too sad about my placement.
  • Thanks everyone for reminding me about the 8000 ISO reward. I probably wouldn't have pushed for it and only had 15k to get to it.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    It seems s.h.i.e.l.d and the scavengers are really competing for the second place. Maybe the dominating team will be pushed out of top rewards this time.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Jathro wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    in this one too, locked. to give you a benchmark, i'm at 260k, #35
    Thanks! I ran outta good points, but it was a good thrill nonetheless. I can't believe I was thrilled over a red Cap just now o.O
    poomermon wrote:
    I'm in Twysta bracket too. I'm at 56th place and I have given up on getting in top 50. Currently 51th place has 256892 points and I have depleted my health packs and rich nodes. Well it is not like I needed that red Captain so I'm not too sad about my placement.
    Yep, can see you, same here. Oh well! Let's rejoice that this is over, finally.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Dang Scavengers, what a play!

Congrats to theScavengers and DjangoUnbuffed for the big wins!!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Grats django and scavengers! At least we beat 5DV icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • If only I had 5 minutes more. Pretty sure I just came 77th in my bracket.
    Oh well. Life continues ever onward, no?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Wow guys great work, Django and Scavengers definitely deserve a well deserved top place. Way to go guys.

Scavengers you guys were awesome. Nice job.
  • 11th just got pushed out the top 10. Not bad but I regret missing a lot of round 3 couldn't catch up in the end at least a member of the team topped the bracket. Well done twysta