Simulator Basics part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Mar 21-30)

Options

Comments

• That event was so much fun! It was long but I don't think it was too long. I think the length of the subs were perfect - long enough that I always had something I could do in the event if I did not feel like playing pvp. Also, the subs ended at the same time (11am & 11pm Central) so I always knew when I needed to pick up and do my final grind. It wasn't like the last event that had weird end times that were all over the place. The matches were challenging - the sets of characters we were up against really pushed me to find new ways to play. I do not need to lean on one or two characters to win - I have 5-6 teams that I can use depending on who I am fighting against. There was little need for Spidey and I preferred Hood as my background-helper seeing as he sped up gameplay rather than slow it down. Rubberbanding felt like it was doing its job. Scaling never got out of control for me (and I grinded quite a bit during a couple of the subs). I was hardly on the forum because I was always playing the game!

The rewards were awesome! Bringing back the 500 iso rewards was so so so so nice. I never really noticed how much that 500 iso reward made me play to get every one. Sometimes rng was with me and sometimes not but at least i knew i would get it eventually! Totally worth it in my opinion. And the extra iso for the alliance rewards and the individual rewards was absolutely amazing and let me play the game how I have always wanted to but never could. I got to level up the buffed characters to 60-70 and see what the character felt like at max and see if it a character that I would like to max out in the future. It was like a test drive before buying the car. So good. In the past, I coveted my iso and thought for weeks about which 3 characters I would disperse it between and afterwards I was always second guessing myself and wishing I had iso to try out the new covers that were coming out. Now I can actually mix and match my characters and play with buffed characters. I have 5 covers over level 100 now and 3 at level 90. I still have a long, long, long way to go but I am enjoying the game so much more. I actually feel like I have been playing this game for as long as I have been instead of always feeling slightly behind.

Great work! Thank you so much for the hard work! I do love that simulator! I can't wait til it comes back again!
  • dearbluey wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Big ups to Django for pulling ahead and Scavengers who sucked us into thinking we could make a last minute run to steal 500HP and then expertly timing their last charge to rubberband our dreams of total world domination away! Nicely done!
    You guys made one helluva run at the end there was awesome watching all the crazy rubberbanding going on in the last 10mins.

It scares me that the alliances are so nice to each other. This is the internet! There should be drama! Anger! Insults!
    Shame on you all. Stop being so mature.
    Unfortunately klingsor is on vacation.
  • That explains a lot actually.
  • we had several people out at the end which basically equals a shot in the foot

luckily the award is just a difference in hp
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    we had several people out at the end which basically equals a shot in the foot

I managed like 4 matches while driving from class to work. Hehe
  • LoreNYC wrote:

I see that klingsor very carefully chose His team. You sound exactly like him.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

LoL I'm insulted!! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

Give it a rest Emeryt, till after the celebrations. They played as hard as we did, good job guys. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Now don't go around picking fights, people.

I want to thank amazing people in my bracket (and in many others too) for pushing the limit forward and helping everyone else rubberband. I never spent on boosts, so the 8k ISO reward which went to Psylocke doesn't feel just like a refund. (I still punished myself with lvls 230 too much, will know better for the next event huh).
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:
    IceIX, can you post a final Alliance ranking here?
    I have final rankings posted in the image above and in our alliance forums...yeesh icon_rolleyes.gif
    Ah, apparently my office is now blocking pictures. Sorry.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

I see that I can't even take a vacation without my ears ringing thanks to my admirer Emeryt...

Congratulations to all the alliances for a great effort. I did not really partake in the last two subs, and even with rubber banding I couldn't do much in the end. I left about 75k points on the table for what it's worth.

These events are too long, and I would request people echo the request of shorter events in general. Burnout rate is not a term that should be applied to a puzzle game...

Finally I will say that I got a chance to see Napoleon's tomb in les Invalides, so it was fun to take selfies there icon_e_wink.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Anybody get there alliance rewards from the event yet? I got all of my individual rewards but non of the alliance rewards.
  • Congrats to Django and Scavengers. We knew CH was going to find a way to make us pay.

Glad 5DV didn't win after all their crowing about 24 hours into a 10 day event lol.
  • Anybody get there alliance rewards from the event yet? I got all of my individual rewards but non of the alliance rewards.

Individual awards including the Lazy Cap covers, or just individual subs?
  • Looking at the score in the final 10 minutes there must have been some guy who just got their first game in for the huge last minute jump.

DjangoUnbuffed had a rather commanding lead throughout and sure didn't look like they were ever threatened, even though the final margin of victory was not that big.
  • I'm sure all alliances had players missing for parts of the event,just like us. Hell we had someone get married during this,selfish I know, but he wouldn't postpone it. So there is no point complaining you weren't full strength as so was everybody. Lets just all get in a big circle and give the Django's a slow clap while chanting "we're not worthy"
  • I haven't gotten my Alliance rewards neither.
  • I managed like 4 matches while driving from class to work. Hehe

This is a lighthearted forum for a lighthearted game, but man you really need to rethink doing this. That is very scary.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm sure all alliances had players missing for parts of the event,just like us. Hell we had someone get married during this,selfish I know, but he wouldn't postpone it. So there is no point complaining you weren't full strength as so was everybody. Lets just all get in a big circle and give the Django's a slow clap while chanting "we're not worthy"

Believe it or not, I was the only Scavenger playing on the last refresh. That half a million point jump was all me. Seriously.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Looking at the score in the final 10 minutes there must have been some guy who just got their first game in for the huge last minute jump.

DjangoUnbuffed had a rather commanding lead throughout and sure didn't look like they were ever threatened, even though the final margin of victory was not that big.

Mrs. klingsor fell asleep so I was able to play the last hour. Highest value node were 5950. Unfortunately I couldn't do 100k+ in an hour.