Speculation Thread on Next Lazy Character

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Does this imply that characters that have no relation to the prepared arc will never appear in-game? I really want a better set of villains for PVE, since it's kind of anti-climactic to face the same stooges every time.
    Nope, not at all. But the characters we introduce have story ties at some point, so it makes sense to be able to tie them in when we need to. GoG Iron Man would have been wearing some space faring armor to... take a vacation on the moon? It'd be a bit of a stretch.
  • IceIX
    Options
    I would imagine 1*->2* or 2*->3* because Ice's recent comments about the next 4* make it seem like a new character (Colossus, Human Torch, the Void, someone else).
    Correct, next Gold character will be a 3* as was Thor. The 4* is someone different.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I would imagine 1*->2* or 2*->3* because Ice's recent comments about the next 4* make it seem like a new character (Colossus, Human Torch, the Void, someone else).
    Correct, next Gold character will be a 3* as was Thor. The 4* is someone different.

Is it 2->3*? We never actually confirmed if it was a possibility for a 1* character to become lazyfied.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    I haven't earned a single Lazythor cover yet because even with them pushing him so hard I just cant seem to care.

If they released a lazydaken 3* I would fight tooth and nail for that nonsense

Lazy Dakken would be a beast.

Would you like to go up against a level 230 Lazy Daken?
    Due to the scaling, wouldn't that actually be weaker than a 230 normal daken?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Is it 2->3*? We never actually confirmed if it was a possibility for a 1* character to become lazyfied.
    Gold is the term for a 3*-ified character regardless of which rarity they came from, so a 1*->3* would still be Gold. a 1*->2* character is possible but I'm not sure we'd term it a Gold character.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Gold is the term for a 3*-ified character regardless of which rarity they came from, so a 1*->3* would still be Gold. a 1*->2* character is possible but I'm not sure we'd term it a Gold character.
    Silver?

(and then if there's a 3->4, platinum?)
  • IceIX wrote:

Might as well call/make a 1->2 silver
  • IceIX
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

Most likely Bronze->Silver->Gold->Platinum/Adamantium/Vibranium. But those are just bandied about terms, nothing's been finalized.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nope, not at all. But the characters we introduce have story ties at some point, so it makes sense to be able to tie them in when we need to. GoG Iron Man would have been wearing some space faring armor to... take a vacation on the moon? It'd be a bit of a stretch.

Galactus threatens Earth so S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. have to call a truce. Stark, Osborn and Reed Richards get together to come up with a space design for Iron Man. It's a PVE event with easy and hard main brackets. Players can only join one, the easy brackets winners are awarded 2* GoG Iron Man while the hard bracket winners get 3* Human Torch (Reed sends Johnny and Sue with the team to help out in space while he perfects the new IM suit with the Thing standing by as body guard since ya know, the Goblin's going to come at some point).
  • IceIX
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Galactus threatens Earth so S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. have to call a truce. Stark, Osborn and Reed Richards get together to come up with a space design for Iron Man. It's a PVE event with easy and hard main brackets. Players can only join one, the easy brackets winners are awarded 2* GoG Iron Man while the hard bracket winners get 3* Human Torch (Reed sends Johnny and Sue with the team to help out in space while he perfects the new IM suit with the Thing standing by as body guard since ya know, the Goblin's going to come at some point).
    Sure, but that pushes the whole story into cosmic territory at that point and out of Dark Reign, which still hasn't ended yet. Not saying that the armor couldn't get some use later on, just doesn't make much sense at the very second. It's much more likely for <NOTANANNOUNCEMENT> Rocket Raccoon to come to Earth for a bit and lend a hand </NOTANANNOUNCEMENT> than for Tony to suit up in some space armor for what's fairly well a currently terrestrial affair.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

Most likely Bronze->Silver->Gold->Platinum/Adamantium/Vibranium. But those are just bandied about terms, nothing's been finalized.

Wait Bronze? That would mean that a character got delazified from a higher level into 1*dom, right?
  • IceIX wrote:

Sure, but that pushes the whole story into cosmic territory at that point and out of Dark Reign, which still hasn't ended yet. Not saying that the armor couldn't get some use later on, just doesn't make much sense at the very second. It's much more likely for <NOTANANNOUNCEMENT> Rocket Raccoon to come to Earth for a bit and lend a hand </NOTANANNOUNCEMENT> than for Tony to suit up in some space armor for what's fairly well a currently terrestrial affair.

Truces never last forever! Just an interlude and then back to Dark Reign icon_mrgreen.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

Wait Bronze? That would mean that a character got delazified from a higher level into 1*dom, right?
    That *would* be the ultimate in lazy, wouldn't it?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

Haha, yeah, it would be. Oh, now that I've got your attention, any news on the BP buff ticket? I'm currently on the fence with leveling him, and it would greatly help if I knew if changes are currently planned.
  • IceIX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

You need a carbonite version of these characters. That way the fan boys' heads will explode before they can call it lazy.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Silver?

So my assumption of the platinum/admantium/vibranium is that y'all have tossed around the idea of promoting lazy 4* as well? Vibranium Bagman Ftw!!!!!
  • IceIX
    Options
    So my assumption of the platinum/admantium/vibranium is that y'all have tossed around the idea of promoting lazy 4* as well? Vibranium Bagman Ftw!!!!!
    Nothing has been realistically discussed there. Just riffing off the Gold name and that's what's stuck.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After looking at the stats thread, I'm wagering that they're upgrading 2* stars in the order of most used. Thor was #1, so now I'm guess it'll be 3* C. Storm.

It just makes sense from a business point of view to go for the largest target base.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Haha, yeah, it would be. Oh, now that I've got your attention, any news on the BP buff ticket? I'm currently on the fence with leveling him, and it would greatly help if I knew if changes are currently planned.
    I do not. If I had to make an Iso-8 based investment guess, I would plan on him being as-is for the near future in Yellow.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I do not. If I had to make an Iso-8 based investment guess, I would plan on him being as-is for the near future in Yellow.

Thanks! I guess it's time to feed lazythor some more iso then. Om nom nom.