Speculation Thread on Next Lazy Character

Options

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Out the short-list the OP drew up I'd say Captain America leads the field by a huge margin, and yes he would/will be awful still.
    Ares would be terrifying as a 3* but since he was likely put in for PvE anyway it just doesn't make sense - Moonstone too, though of course less terrifying.

I would not rule out OBW just because of GSBW though (I have a max GSBW and even I'd be tempted by 3* OBW!), nor Juggernaut.

A Mohawk Storm - based on either version - would be mighty tempting also, and a good fit for Black Panther.
  • Lazy Cap almost for sure.

Compared to the basic Cap:
    Much cheaper yellow but no countdown overwrite and less protection value.
    Red that does good damage (2k?), 2-3 lesser ap return. Less spammable, but actually doing something besides overwiting stuff.
    Blue that does some damage and 3 turns stun, or good damage and 2 turns stun.
    Awesome scaling health.

That would actually be a very usable utility tank.
  • My speculation is that this is just an early April Fools' by the Devs and that they are actually working on pressing balance and bug issues before releasing another character.

One can dream...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Lazy Cap almost for sure.

Compared to the basic Cap:
    Much cheaper yellow but no countdown overwrite and less protection value.
    Red that does good damage (2k?), 2-3 lesser ap return. Less spammable, but actually doing something besides overwiting stuff.
    Blue that does some damage and 3 turns stun, or good damage and 2 turns stun.
    Awesome scaling health.

That would actually be a very usable utility tank.

The whole point of lazy characters is copy pasting & scaling the existing abilities.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mohawk Storm then... unless Lazy Cap gets a reduction in AP costs with same skills
  • I think the next lazy character will be one of the two color guys WITH a third ability... They have talked about adding a third ability to these characters right? Why not do it the lazy way and make him Gold instead of improving a ** bullseye or Daken? *yawn*
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It shouldn't be Cap. If they want to do a movie tie in with Winter Soldier then a new variant is better. But if they do go all money hungry and push a Cap clone it will give me a week off, which is fine.
    And a M Storm with a real health pool is too powerful.

I'd love an updated moonstone because her powers are interesting, just poorly priced. Or a 2* iron man wouldn't be terrible.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohh a 2* gold of IM35... You could be onto something.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cap needs the 3* treatment.

I really hope it is not Juggernaut, Ares or Daken. A 3* version of those could be really terrible for the game (really OP).
  • I think it's will be Dark X-Men Daken or Iron Patriot (** version of IM35). In game storyline has come close to this ark.

Another possible variants — original Miss Marvel or Classic Venom.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Omg, if they pull the Lazy Thor treatment on Capt. America I would cry. He desperately needs to have a 3* version that is actually USEFUL. I also really abhor this copy paste "gold" character **** so I'm going to hope that they do this to a character no one cares anything about. Seriously, how hard is it to come up with some different abilities for Thor? He's a god with a freaking hammer that he's used to do all sorts of crazy stuff and the best they could do is copy and paste his moves from 2* to 3* and animate the gold stars......The fact that everyone has taken to calling him Lazy Thor delights me to no end and the people responsible should be ashamed because of it.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My one dollar bet is on Lazy Storm. If not mistaken they were giving out ** Thor covers before *** Thor came out... and now they are giving out ** Storm covers... soooooooooo
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    radav wrote:
    Omg, if they pull the Lazy Thor treatment on Capt. America I would cry. He desperately needs to have a 3* version that is actually USEFUL. I also really abhor this copy paste "gold" character **** so I'm going to hope that they do this to a character no one cares anything about. Seriously, how hard is it to come up with some different abilities for Thor? He's a god with a freaking hammer that he's used to do all sorts of crazy stuff and the best they could do is copy and paste his moves from 2* to 3* and animate the gold stars......The fact that everyone has taken to calling him Lazy Thor delights me to no end and the people responsible should be ashamed because of it.
    Yeah, they should be ashamed.

::Still goes and buys a new roster slot and pours iso into Lazy Thor::
  • radav wrote:
    The fact that everyone has taken to calling him Lazy Thor delights me to no end and the people responsible should be ashamed because of it.

I find this amusing also, and they should be ashamed. There are SO MANY characters in Marvel that they should not be doing copy/paste jobs.
  • I haven't earned a single Lazythor cover yet because even with them pushing him so hard I just cant seem to care.

If they released a lazydaken 3* I would fight tooth and nail for that nonsense
  • I haven't earned a single Lazythor cover yet because even with them pushing him so hard I just cant seem to care.

If they released a lazydaken 3* I would fight tooth and nail for that nonsense

Lazy Dakken would be a beast.
  • Gold Cap really benefits most from reduced AP costs imo. Keep the same protect tile strength, damage, stun duration, but cut costs roughly in half.
  • Twysta wrote:
    chocolate_teapot_465x320.jpg

I'm seriously you guys, can we get some Like buttons up in this shizzle.

This is hilarious.

Next Lazy Character has to be 3 or 4 star Captain America. He is popular and has a useless design, so rather than fix what's broken it's better to reintroduce him as a money-making 3*. I don't think any new 1*s will ever be introduced.
    Hilarious twists though:
    3 * Fabulous Hawkeye
    1* Brune Banner (turns into Hulk at 20% health, has Loki's powers before that)
    4* House-wife Widow
  • I would play the **** out of 3* LazyDaken.
  • Most likely it will be a three star Captain America. Winter Soldier opens in two weeks, and a Gold version is a quick way to get a character out in time to tie in with the movie. He also is similar to Thor since they both only have one version before the Gold was introduced.