Speculation Thread on Next Lazy Character

Options
NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So IceIX hinted that the next character will be another lazy character, so what are your thoughts on what it will be?

Going down the 2* list, we have:
Thor
OBW
Ares
Daken
Moonstone
M. Hawkeye
Cap
C. Storm
MN Mags
Bullseye
Bag-Man

We can rule out thor and the 2*s that already have a 3* equivalent, so that leaves us with:
Ares
Daken
Moonstone
M. Hawkeye
Cap
C. Storm
Bullseye

I'm guessing that they won't release another 2 color character, so eliminating further gets us...
Ares
Moonstone
M. Hawkeye
Cap
C. Storm

My bets on Cap or C. Storm since they're among the more popular characters. Thoughts?

Comments

• I would go with Cap as well, since he has a film coming out and ties into the Avengers.
  • id say cap. they obviously have a rager for him based on the number of times that hes buffed.

marc
  • I could see a strong possible case for any of the 5, outside of Moonstone.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Already two Storms and IceIX has said that Captain is one of the more popular characters. What way to capitalize more than creating a hot new character with a Winter Soldier uniform?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How the heck is Cap a popular character? He's as useful as a chocolate teapot.
  • How the heck is Cap a popular character? He's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

What? That sounds delicious.
  • How the heck is Cap a popular character? He's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Want one to go in my fitted kitchen.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Yeah, but...it would...ummm...*melt*. So it's not...y'know...*useful*. And stuff.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chocolate_teapot_465x320.jpg
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    And now I want to dip some chocolate biscuits in a cup of tea.

AND I DON'T HAVE EITHER

*sigh*
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    chocolate_teapot_465x320.jpg

I'm seriously you guys, can we get some Like buttons up in this shizzle.
  • Thinking of the popular 2-stars, I don't think it will be Wolvie because we have a million Wolverines and he's got Thor's colors and OBW is powerful enough already, so I'm thinking THREE ABILITY DAKEN or cStorm (or even mStorm??)
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gotta agree. It's going to be Cap. He's the only core avenger without multiples (or even a three star) at the moment, and he has a new film coming out soon.

I could see it being possible for Storm (either) and OBW, as they tend to be quite popular and would thus create another upgrade path (revenue stream) for people who can't let them go.

I do kinda wish that they'd tweak his costs... because they're still prohibitive.

Cheers
  • I would not be opposed to a new and different Mohawk Storm, but there is no way they're just going to gold star mStorm or cStorm, they would just be too OP. Game over.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing that they won't release another 2 color character, so eliminating further gets us...
    Ares
    Moonstone
    M. Hawkeye
    Cap
    C. Storm

My bets on Cap or C. Storm since they're among the more popular characters. Thoughts?

I'd also rule out Ares (as I think he's still too "new") and Mawkeye (Isn't he on the funbalancing list?)
    That leaves Moonstone, Cap and CStorm.

The one that stands out is Cap. Which is really a little disappointing, since I'd much prefer a different version of Cap with some/all different abilities.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more it's likely to be Cap. That Spider-Man change is ever looming on the horizon, so Lazy Cap would essentially be, "We heard you guys like 3* heroes with 2-AP stuns, well heeeeere's Steve!"
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My money is on a bad guy this time
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    oooo ooooh a 3* juggernaut to fight against in an all new event!

icon_evil.gif
  • Cap definitely.. But please give us the effin' winter soldier too.. After all, what is Steve Rogers without Bucky Barnes?.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My money will be in my pocket because it's not worth it.

And it's going to be Astonishing Wolverine, chaps. A big frak you to people who invested on it before and after "funbalancing".
  • OMG Please make a lazy Storm Modern ***
    I love Storm and she's gonna be on the upcoming X-Men movie!!