Speculation Thread on Next Lazy Character

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't earned a single Lazythor cover yet because even with them pushing him so hard I just cant seem to care.

If they released a lazydaken 3* I would fight tooth and nail for that nonsense

Lazy Dakken would be a beast.

Would you like to go up against a level 230 Lazy Daken?
  • kensterr wrote:
    I haven't earned a single Lazythor cover yet because even with them pushing him so hard I just cant seem to care.

If they released a lazydaken 3* I would fight tooth and nail for that nonsense

Lazy Dakken would be a beast.

Would you like to go up against a level 230 Lazy Daken?

Only if all his three powers were passive and colossaly annoying to the boot.
  • Lazy Daken's special ability would be to make his passive animation triggers even slower to make the most annoying character to fight even more so.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a feeling with the backlash they may not be doing this anytime soon. Because first off, you would have to take a semi playable 2* in order to morph them into a lazy3*. Wolverine, OBW, Ares, Thor, M. Storn, Magneto MN are the only playable to semi playable. They aren't going to do Wolvie, Thor done, OBW wouldn't make sense as would Magneto MN since they already have 3* characters. That leaves Ares or M. Storm as the only two possible Lazy's. I would FEAR a Lazy Ares, man that guy would hurt. Most people steer clear of a 2* Ares, let alone a 3*.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I have a feeling with the backlash they may not be doing this anytime soon. Because first off, you would have to take a semi playable 2* in order to morph them into a lazy3*. Wolverine, OBW, Ares, Thor, M. Storn, Magneto MN are the only playable to semi playable. They aren't going to do Wolvie, Thor done, OBW wouldn't make sense as would Magneto MN since they already have 3* characters. That leaves Ares or M. Storm as the only two possible Lazy's. I would FEAR a Lazy Ares, man that guy would hurt. Most people steer clear of a 2* Ares, let alone a 3*.

IceIX already announced it in another thread.
  • It'll be a 4* Platinum Thor. His call the storm will do 2 million/1 million damage at level 230. But the other team will be okay if they have a maxed platinum thor, because he will have 2.3 billion hit points.

Also, for $10, you can buy an anti-platinum Thor shield that will allow you to play your next match.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

IceIX already announced it in another thread.

Announced what?
  • That the next cover release will be another gold edition.
  • ^Here's the quote.
    IceIX wrote:
    New Pve with alliance rewards and a pretty new 4* I bet. icon_e_smile.gif
    You'd lose. Current plan is to be sitting on our Laz-E-Boys for this next character release (and I know there'll be some anger from that). That being said, we've got our next 4* lined up already, just don't have a release date set yet.
  • O tinykitty
  • I haven't been playing the game or lurking the forums that much lately and I wanted to know what the f*ck is up with all this "lazy" business? Where did it come form? icon_neutral.gif
  • Copy/paste an existing cover and add a star = Lazy.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    If it is Lazy Cap I would like for the hundreds of 2 star covers sold to be retroactively applied to his useless lazy turd self as a three star. For those of us that have sold him over and over we should get a level 50 lazy cap to start.
  • It would be nice to have a Cap I would actually would want to us.

I hate the idea of Lazy characters...but I guess it is not much difference at this point for Cap. You really can't give him too many different abilities based on his back of super powers.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a "Lazy" upgrade of a 2*, I vote that anyone with a Maxed version of that characters ... say it's Captain America, and you have him at level 85 ... those players should be given the option of having their 2* covers upgraded to 3* covers automatically.
  • It would be nice to have a Cap I would actually would want to us.

I hate the idea of Lazy characters...but I guess it is not much difference at this point for Cap. You really can't give him too many different abilities based on his back of super powers.
    True, but you can fix him by making his powers cheaper.
  • Its like some ppl have no concept of money. a free upgrade form a 2** to a 3*** character? Lol. Can't tell if serious.
    Unity wrote:
    I haven't been playing the game or lurking the forums that much lately and I wanted to know what the f*ck is up with all this "lazy" business? Where did it come form? icon_neutral.gif
    they made a 3*** thor character that was an exact replica of the 2** thor except it had 3 star rating and therefore could be leveled up to lvl 141 and added a new picture. It was a very lazy approach to a "new" character. Ppl were starting to try and figure out what to call the two thor characters to differentiate them. I said we should all start calling him lazy thor, and any subsequently made character using the same approach to be called a "lazy x." A Few ppl liked it and so its kinda stuck I guess. So a lazy character is basically a character using that same approach of taking a character, adding a star and a new cover (and subsequent extra levels) and pretending like its a new character. Think ryu vs. Ken (street fighter), if all of ken's moves were exactly the same with the same frame data but ken's all did a bit more damage and he had more hp in his health bar.

As for the next one...almost 100% chance it would be cap as I doubt they do it to a 2 cover character, cap is easily thr most popular character of the 2** without a 3*** cover, lazy storm would be argued as too strong (you can argue the same for lazy thor honestly atm), I doubt they do it for a character with a 3*** cover already, and between moon, cap, Hawkeye I don't see them buffing moonstone via a lazy character. I could see it for Hawkeye too, I just expect it to be cap with the winter soldier coming out in two weeks or so.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    radav wrote:
    The fact that everyone has taken to calling him Lazy Thor delights me to no end and the people responsible should be ashamed because of it.

I find this amusing also, and they should be ashamed. There are SO MANY characters in Marvel that they should not be doing copy/paste jobs.
    I'm just wondering where all the X-men are.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    To be fair, lazyThor's yellow deals up to 2000 damage in addition to green generation so he is tweaked.

It's not the weak damage trade off of the old Thor yellow.
  • My bet's on lazy Cap.

If not him than maybe Marvel NOW! Storm.