Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

Options

Comments

• KaioShinDE wrote:
    First PvP event in a while that ends on a good time for EU players, so I can be cheap and end with a 3 hour shield.

I consider it way worse than the dawn ones -- it ends while I must work. Guess as many other people with real life that messes with the MPQ plans. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Getting crazy in my bracket. #1 at around 1100. Me around 1055. #3-10 are >750. Lol.

Yeah, I'm in your bracket, much to my chagrin. I knew it wouldn't be an easy bracket when I joined and saw you were already #1, but I had no idea it would end up like this. I had SongCn in queue at one point, and I thought I might've been able to beat him with copious boosts, trading about 30 points, but I decided to shield instead. Since I started this post, I've dropped to fourth. I'll probably push to stay in the top five, but I wish you and SongCn luck in vying for #1. I have no designs on that spot anymore. (Though, it'd be nice to see one of you hit 1200... just to prove it's possible. I've never seen a bracket that shook out like this.)

Thanks! I plan on hitting 1200. Will be tough but I think I'll manage. Be and songcn have been going at it hard all tourney trading 1/2 back n forth. Hehe.

If I get 17 more points I'll double 10th place score.
  • You guys try to go high in a way that will not result D3 to push progressions to 2400 again, please. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Only pushed to 1040 before reshielding. I am certai. O could have gotten one or two more in without issue, I am just a scardy cat lol. I have a bad feeling I am going to have to reshield more though as unwiseone is moving up and is only 100 pts down atm. I have him qued up now, so that's worth..something? The more ppl are forcing me to reahield the more I might just go for the 1200 reward.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    You guys try to go high in a way that will not result D3 to push progressions to 2400 again, please. icon_e_wink.gif

Haha. My hp stash ain't taking me past that red lazy Thor.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grr. I'm stuck around 550 range. Everytime I gain 50 points, I get attacked for 50 points. I'm gonna make one more push then be done.
  • Go for tops narkon! No guts no glory!
    Haha. Thanks. I made a push and shielded around 934, just before I was hit for 35. 2 defensive wins got me to 983 and now I hope for one more defensive win to get the 1000 reward. If I don't get it and I still have some distance from #2 I will play 1 last game 3-4 minutes before the end. It will be the first time I make it to 1000+. icon_e_smile.gif
    @narkon, that actually seems about average. I joined at 10 hrs or 8 hrs left or something and sans my own, the scores are very similar.
    I live in EU and since I enter around 2-3pm (GMT+2) with 1.5 days until the end (tournaments usually end 6-7am for me), I am in a bracket that has mostly EU players (since it's the middle of the night for US players). It could be that my brackets were less competitive in the past and I only needed ~730-760 for top 5, but I have placed several times #1 with ~820 points and a decent safety margin between myself and #2. This time I entered earlier than I usually do and #5 now is around 800, but the reason I said the bracket was very competitive is the fact that the 500-600 zone was brutal. It was extremely difficult to get away without getting hit for 35-40 per match. The last 3-4 hours were quiet though. I assume it was because western Europe was working when I made the final push.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    You guys try to go high in a way that will not result D3 to push progressions to 2400 again, please. icon_e_wink.gif

good luck pyscho. I hope to get 3rd red lazy thor from juggs heroic so I wussed out and stopped just over 1k once i got the HP.

Edit: may have to push as #2 closed the gap by abt 100 pts. Qued up 50 pts for 2 quick fights.
  • pasa_ wrote:

good luck pyscho. I hope to get 3rd red lazy thor from juggs heroic so I wussed out and stopped just over 1k once i got the HP.

Edit: may have to push as #2 closed the gap by abt 100 pts. Qued up 50 pts for 2 quick fights.

Was at 1196 and got popped 3 times. Haha. Weren't toooo big if losses but I made my way back to 1060something and had to shield up again. About to take another shot from jozier :p. hehe
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just did a few more, up to #3 in my bracket with about 870. Two two guys... first has over 1k, sending about 100 points above me. Right now though, all I'm getting are matches close to 100-141 lvl characters, so just shielded for now as I gotta get back to work.
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    I just did a few more, up to #3 in my bracket with about 870. The one and two guys... first has over 1k, the second has about 100 points above me. Right now though, all I'm getting are matches close to 100-141 lvl characters, so just shielded for now as I gotta get back to work.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Only pushed to 1040 before reshielding. I am certai. O could have gotten one or two more in without issue, I am just a scardy cat lol. I have a bad feeling I am going to have to reshield more though as unwiseone is moving up and is only 100 pts down atm. I have him qued up now, so that's worth..something? The more ppl are forcing me to reahield the more I might just go for the 1200 reward.

haha i skipped and skipped to try and find you but couldn't icon_e_sad.gif im happy enough with my points, but I've got an easy 80 lined up if i see someone trying to push me outta the top 5. I recognize all the top 5 names,especially the guy in 2nd. He's cute,heh.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Me mistake on the double post. On my phone and was trying to edit, and accidentally hit quote instead. My phones auto correct seems to be on high alert today.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Only pushed to 1040 before reshielding. I am certai. O could have gotten one or two more in without issue, I am just a scardy cat lol. I have a bad feeling I am going to have to reshield more though as unwiseone is moving up and is only 100 pts down atm. I have him qued up now, so that's worth..something? The more ppl are forcing me to reahield the more I might just go for the 1200 reward.

haha i skipped and skipped to try and find you but couldn't icon_e_sad.gif in happy enough with my points, but ice got an easy 80 lined up if i see someone trying to push me outta the top 5. I recognize all the top 5 names,especially the guy in 2nd. He's cute,heh.

lol...I tried to find a few too...even paid a few skip taxes. Kept seeming to get the same 6-8 people again and again though here.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    is it a bug or do they really award only one 2** cover for placing, red Ares?
  • locked wrote:

3 **s are gone for like a week and likely stays that way for a while.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:

No bug, that's the direction they're going for now icon_cry.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK which one of you mean buggers beat seven different shades of snot out of anhmq?

He had just climbed to second in my bracket and pushed me to the dreaded fourth slot, and now he is back 100 points behind me presumably with a large truck grille imprint on his forehead.

Still, saves me from having to break shield before spidey LR kicks off.
  • Well I made it up to 1196 and got best down to 1130ish. Gotta go to work now. At 2nd place behind SongCn at 1215. Hope I don't get this kind if bracket again for a while. Haha! Was super fun though.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    locked wrote:

No bug, that's the direction they're going for now icon_cry.gif
    Its great--if you only need one colour and one colour only for some reason. It really only benefits 1-2* transitions as they have more slots to get 1 cover. But its the 3* hunters that get the shaft. moving the upper 2 colours to 10+ is just mean. They found a way to make getting a specific cover you need/want even MORE tedious than it already was. All because they want to put a hurting on the number of top placement winners reward gains. 1 step forward 3 steps back.