Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

Comments

• I went attack less for hours! Right before hitting 800 points, 3 attacks for 40+ each! SHIELD TIME!

sucks, I really wanted that 500 iso icon_e_sad.gif

Hopefully I still stay in the top 5, currently ranked 2nd.
  • I went attack less for hours! Right before hitting 800 points, 3 attacks for 40+ each! SHIELD TIME!

it was other way round to me. I grinded trying to reach 800, but finally run out of health packs. Shielded #2 with 792pts (#1 was 819). A couple of mins later I get the defensive win for +23, so I got this 500 ISO icon_e_smile.gif. And now I'm #1, as he must've dropped his shields (I don't see him in the top10 either).
  • I hit 800 with 3 health packs left, but I ran out of physical endurance and shielded. Hopefully I'll hold onto #5, but I don't care too much about Psylocke (nowhere enough iso8 to think about building her compared to Black Panther or lazy Thor at the moment). I'm not having much motivation to grind hard because I know that every team I beat with a Spiderman is almost certain to beat me later and that kind is pretty depressing when you think about it.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shielded at 1k points in first: hopefully thats enough for yellow spidey.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been shielded for the last few hours and my rank has been yo-yoing like crazy.

I'm not sure whether to make another small push during the 9-8 hour mark and then another a bit closer, or just hold off for the closer time. The next hour will probably be busy with people who intend to finish with an 8 hour shield, but that could also be the optimal time to get my team back into circulation and maybe grab some defensive wins (people are more likely to push themselves if this is their last final push, "I think I can squeeze in another game before I need to use health packs" etc.)
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I went attack less for hours! Right before hitting 800 points, 3 attacks for 40+ each! SHIELD TIME!

it was other way round to me. I grinded trying to reach 800, but finally run out of health packs. Shielded #2 with 792pts (#1 was 819). A couple of mins later I get the defensive win for +23, so I got this 500 ISO icon_e_smile.gif. And now I'm #1, as he must've dropped his shields (I don't see him in the top10 either).

Gah, I'm glad I did shield up after that, I just went to play some lighting rounds and I got attacked 3 more times for 40+ again!
    Shielded at 1k points in first: hopefully thats enough for yellow spidey.

Just checked, nicely done. I know I will probably get attacked less once I get Patch and my Magneto leveled up more. I just really want my Punisher to get finished, only 15 levels left till he's 141!
  • I hope ghast doesn't want the yellow xforce, its all i want (can use the red psy but..don't care either way)
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Clint, how's the climb to 1200? I stopped at 920, but that red Thor looks enticing
  • Shielded at 852. Hopefully it's good enough for top 5.
  • I shielded at 1040. All my matches were turning into 9-11 pointers and got too scared. Although my only two hits since shielding have been wins. so maybe I could have made it...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    eugh.

Worst. Push. Ever.

Unshielded and got stuck in a 10 minute+ slog against Spider-Man. Managed to take out the other two, but slipped up and got my whole team stunlocked then Spidey decided to only match red/black/green (doing minimal damage to me, but starving me of the AP I needed & strong matches).

Scavenged back some of the points lost in the mean time and reshielded. I think that's me done for this event.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    First PvP event in a while that ends on a good time for EU players, so I can be cheap and end with a 3 hour shield. The last few tourneys I always HAD to use an 8 hour one since the tourney ended like 5 or 6 in the morning >_>
    My bracket also doesn't seem to be too competitive, except I have EvilSonGoku in it. But Top5 will be a sleepwalk.
  • I'm shielded for the rest of the tourney,#5 with 785 points.
    Hope I will stay in top 5. Paid 300 hp yesterday for a 24 hours shield.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    First PvP event in a while that ends on a good time for EU players, so I can be cheap and end with a 3 hour shield.

Unless you're stuck at work till 18:00 like me icon_e_sad.gif At least I've a very easy bracket.
  • Getting crazy in my bracket. #1 at around 1100. Me around 1055. #3-10 are >750. Lol.
  • My bracket is also quite competitive this time. This should be a lesson not to enter too early in these tournaments. Top 1-4 is only 29 points apart with # 1 at 861. #10 is at 707 so he is only 4-5 matches away from top 5. I hope most shields (9 at the moment) are for 8 hours and they don't make a push because I really want that black cover.
  • Narkon wrote:
    My bracket is also quite competitive this time. This should be a lesson not to enter too early in these tournaments. Top 1-4 is only 29 points apart with # 1 at 861. #10 is at 707 so he is only 4-5 matches away from top 5. I hope most shields (9 at the moment) are for 8 hours and they don't make a push because I really want that black cover.

I have 0 reason not to break shields myself. 300 points ahead of 3rd doesn't out me in any kinda of danger at all to lose my top 5. SongCn get ready to dance. My lousy yellow S&V cover! Hehe

Go for tops narkon! No guts no glory!
  • Getting crazy in my bracket. #1 at around 1100. Me around 1055. #3-10 are >750. Lol.
    . Ppl in mine are moving up a bit too. I am @999 (I know right..lol) and I have no qualms dropping shield a few times to get first back. So as long as someone doesn't reach 1200 or something I should hold onto first hopefully. Speaking of 1200...I am really considering it. 2 opponents per a shield would probably be about 3-4 shields to reach 1100 (300 hp) and another 9-12 to reach 1200 if I am just doing it really conservatively. Only thing is, this late, most with anything above 1k are shielded.

Luckily I have a que up on the 2nd place guy (rock..space? Lobster or something), so that is also worth something as a saved match for the end if necessary.

@narkon, that actually seems about average. I joined at 10 hrs or 8 hrs left or something and sans my own, the scores are very similar.
    . Ppl in mine are moving up a bit too. I am @999 (I know right..lol) and I have no qualms dropping shield a few times to get first back. So as long as someone doesn't reach 1200 or something I should hold onto first hopefully. Speaking of 1200...I am really considering it. 2 opponents per a shield would probably be about 3-4 shields to reach 1100 (300 hp) and another 9-12 to reach 1200 if I am just doing it really conservatively. Only thing is, this late, most with anything above 1k are shielded.

Luckily I have a que up on the 2nd place guy (rock..space? Lobster or something), so that is also worth something as a saved match for the end if necessary.

@narkon, that actually seems about average. I joined at 10 hrs or 8 hrs left or something and sans my own, the scores are very similar.

I'm up to 1165 shielded with #2 still at 1002. Didn't feel lucky enough to keep pushing ATM.
    Gonna break shield at some point or another and try to get 2-3 boosted matches in to finish out.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Getting crazy in my bracket. #1 at around 1100. Me around 1055. #3-10 are >750. Lol.

Yeah, I'm in your bracket, much to my chagrin. I knew it wouldn't be an easy bracket when I joined and saw you were already #1, but I had no idea it would end up like this. I had SongCn in queue at one point, and I thought I might've been able to beat him with copious boosts, trading about 30 points, but I decided to shield instead. Since I started this post, I've dropped to fourth. I'll probably push to stay in the top five, but I wish you and SongCn luck in vying for #1. I have no designs on that spot anymore. (Though, it'd be nice to see one of you hit 1200... just to prove it's possible. I've never seen a bracket that shook out like this.)