Lord of Thunder PvP Event - 3/17/14

Options

Comments

• Been trying out Ares for the first time with this event. He works pretty well at taking out the endless streams of OBW/Modern Storm arrangements. But Classic Storm sometimes retaliates with her winds attack and downs my whole team.
  • mbpm1 wrote:
    Been trying out Ares for the first time with this event. He works pretty well at taking out the endless streams of OBW/Modern Storm arrangements. But Classic Storm sometimes retaliates with her winds attack and downs my whole team.

I use Ares a lot, and I find with those two I always take out Storm first, and just try to deny blue and purple as much as possible. Also, don't hit Storm too hard to avoid triggering her yellow, and if you do hit her hard, make sure it takes her all the way out.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    mbpm1 wrote:
    Been trying out Ares for the first time with this event. He works pretty well at taking out the endless streams of OBW/Modern Storm arrangements. But Classic Storm sometimes retaliates with her winds attack and downs my whole team.

I use Ares a lot, and I find with those two I always take out Storm first, and just try to deny blue and purple as much as possible. Also, don't hit Storm too hard to avoid triggering her yellow, and if you do hit her hard, make sure it takes her all the way out.
    Yeah, I've had more luck now that i've found a balance withdamage on her. Just annoyign that I can't let rip a stacked Green attack on her when i want to, lol.

Ares in general is a lot of fun, way quicker to end matches than my previous Cascade team of M Storm OBW and ** Thor.
  • Man, the change from 3 2* covers to 1 2* cover is STILL so, so lame icon_e_sad.gif

Especially since they're always all the same color, come on
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On the other hand, at least they stopped giving away 2* Wolverine and Cap covers. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • vudu3 wrote:
    On the other hand, at least they stopped giving away 2* Wolverine and Cap covers. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I would much rather get 1 OBW cover than 3 Cap or Wolvie covers but alas...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ninja update this morning removed the Avengers 10-pack text from the notice. I guess D3 can't figure out a proper pricing for the pack?
  • kensterr wrote:
    Ninja update this morning removed the Avengers 10-pack text from the notice. I guess D3 can't figure out a proper pricing for the pack?

I noticed that as well. Kinda annoying really, it's the first 10-pack I was considering purchasing.
  • Not doing too bad in this one, looking like getting at least one Psylocke cover which is great as I don'y have her red at all.

Not having a Lazy Thor myself my first thought was **** why have they not buffed him? Then i realised he is - to a measley level 23 with only his red power which does a whole 104 damage icon_e_biggrin.gif Basically he is only there to soak up some hits as he can't actually hurt anybody, I would have thought they would want to make more of an impression with him esp as he is causing so much scorn to come their way.

Thank Odin my combo of Classic Storm and Marvel Now Magneto are doing the business icon_e_smile.gif
  • I think this is the first time I see so much activity so early. It could just be my bracket or that there is nothing else to do other than the Heroic event, but staying near 600 without shield is impossible. I dropped 150-200 since last night and I try to stay around 500-600 so I can make a push without spending too much on shields. My Psylocke is 3/2/3 and could definitely use the covers, especially red and black.
  • I got up to about 625 yesterday evening, dropped about a hundred overnight, and got back to about 625 this morning. #1 by about 150 points. I may just get up as high as I can this evening and throw up a 24 hour shield. I'm low on Psylocke (she's got one of each and 2 of one, but I can't remember which one) and could use the covers.
  • Shielded last night at #1 just shy of 700. Now I'm #2 at 725 or so after some good defensive points.
  • I'd love to hear an explanation as to why having a max OBW, lvl 18 Lazy Thor, and lvl 100 Patch = a lvl 183 Thor (boosted but still), max OBW, and lvl 80 BP. This may belong is the "worst decision" thread but I'm pissed I ever leveled anyone over 85.

Please fix this!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    I'd love to hear an explanation as to why having a max OBW, lvl 18 Lazy Thor, and lvl 100 Patch = a lvl 183 Thor (boosted but still), max OBW, and lvl 80 BP. This may belong is the "worst decision" thread but I'm pissed I ever leveled anyone over 85.

Please fix this!

What does leveling anyone over 85 have to do with anything?
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    I'd love to hear an explanation as to why having a max OBW, lvl 18 Lazy Thor, and lvl 100 Patch = a lvl 183 Thor (boosted but still), max OBW, and lvl 80 BP. This may belong is the "worst decision" thread but I'm pissed I ever leveled anyone over 85.

Please fix this!

Fix for yourself: use the Skip button.
  • I'd love to hear an explanation as to why having a max OBW, lvl 18 Lazy Thor, and lvl 100 Patch = a lvl 183 Thor (boosted but still), max OBW, and lvl 80 BP.
    It's quite possible that the player you're facing is on average about as successful in battles as you -- after all, when you discount the required character, you've got an 85 and a 100 against an 85 and an 80 -- but they've recently either won or paid for a lot of Modern Thor covers where you haven't.
  • The PACman wrote:
    Not doing too bad in this one, looking like getting at least one Psylocke cover which is great as I don'y have her red at all.

Not having a Lazy Thor myself my first thought was **** why have they not buffed him? Then i realised he is - to a measley level 23 with only his red power which does a whole 104 damage icon_e_biggrin.gif Basically he is only there to soak up some hits as he can't actually hurt anybody, I would have thought they would want to make more of an impression with him esp as he is causing so much scorn to come their way.

Thank Odin my combo of Classic Storm and Marvel Now Magneto are doing the business icon_e_smile.gif

Seem he get the usual +60% boost. By now people fighting hard could win 2/2/2 and some go more from tokens and direct buy, so expect to meet him in more usable form.
  • Clint wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:

Please fix this!

What does leveling anyone over 85 have to do with anything?

Because when all my characters were at lvl 85 I rarely saw anyone over 100 and even when I did it was only one character. Now I'm consistently seeing teams with 1 or 2 maxed 3* characters.

And yes I can hit the skip button but doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the new skip tax? And those crazy powered teams are the only ones awarding more than 20pts. So am I just supposed to wait until other players at my level surpass me before I start playing? Oh I know, maybe I should just fight all the 12 pt matches because I know we all loooove it when I earn 12 points and then get spanked for -35 an hour later.
  • Dayraven wrote:
    I'd love to hear an explanation as to why having a max OBW, lvl 18 Lazy Thor, and lvl 100 Patch = a lvl 183 Thor (boosted but still), max OBW, and lvl 80 BP.
    It's quite possible that the player you're facing is on average about as successful in battles as you -- after all, when you discount the required character, you've got an 85 and a 100 against an 85 and an 80 -- but they've recently either won or paid for a lot of Modern Thor covers where you haven't.

That may be true but having a Thor with 11000hp and a BP that can do 1300 damage to the entire team it seems unlikely. It's just a balancing issue they need to fix. Max level players should face other max level players. Mid tier players should face other mid tier players, and so on... Seems like common sense.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    The PACman wrote:
    Not doing too bad in this one, looking like getting at least one Psylocke cover which is great as I don'y have her red at all.

Seem he get the usual +60% boost. By now people fighting hard could win 2/2/2 and some go more from tokens and direct buy, so expect to meet him in more usable form.

Thats something to look forward to, not! icon_lol.gif

I was just surprised cause I remember getting other 'loan' characters in events and tourneys that had all 3 of their powers, maybe not at max level but definitely usable and it kinda makes you want to get one when you see and feel what they are capable of.