Ultron Returns!: New Details

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    r7 Ultron does 15.3k damage per bomb......
    OML will probably start coughing
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Holy moley....7k bombs in round 6 are already insta wipe out if Ultron gets a good cascade. This event may turn into getting lucky enough to get all your points before your health packs run out.
    Well I only have 179 health packs. I hope that is enough icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    r7 Ultron does 15.3k damage per bomb......
    OML will probably start coughing

So round 8 will start 1-shotting even boosted 4* champs. Yay! this will be fun (and challenging)!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Well I personally want that Prof X bluetile.png And other Prof X's too since I don't care about winfinite, I just champ him too (but maybe as slowly as possible so that can try that winfinite first)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone who doesn't need to Prof covers can still use the 3k iso for selling all covers. Everyone needs iso. icon_e_smile.gif

I just like events. Challenging, crazy, or otherwise, it's a break to fighting moonstones, bullseyes, and juggs.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    24 hour reset, 315 sentries!
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    3x 22k health sentries! Great, just what this event needed to be more fun!

Note: This is not what this event needed to be more fun.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    24 hour reset, 315 sentries!

Give me your sentries if you don't want them, mine are 325! Because clearly 43 to 325 is a perfectly logical progression in difficulty scaling...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    **** D3?? This is not "scaling". This is going from a tricycle straight to a Ferrari. Is this really working as intended??
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give me your sentries if you don't want them, mine are 325! Because clearly 43 to 325 is a perfectly logical progression in difficulty scaling...
    Looks like half the people who were worrying about how strong Ultron's bombs would get, didn't have to worry about it after all...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Looks like half the people who were worrying about how strong Ultron's bombs would get, didn't have to worry about it after all...

Maybe I'm jinxing it, but I'm actually a tiny bit relieved they were not level 429.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Maybe I'm jinxing it, but I'm actually a tiny bit relieved they were not level 429.

YET... wait until tomorrow icon_razz.gif

I said it somewhere else but remember YOU HAVE TO LOSE!!!

PS: I really don't understand Devs, these boss events can be really fun, but they DESTROY the fun of the event with the difficulty in the nodes. I get that the boss is hard (even though this time they might have gone to far again), but the nodes? The nodes should not be that hard!!!
  • kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Scaling of the nodes is really stupid. And ultron making matches is a terrible idea. How to waste a great event very quickly!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Are Ultron Sentries going to be the speed bump they were intended to be, or will we be facing level 400 Sentries, just because
    Called it, from page 2
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, my minions were only around level 220-240 (seemed to be about 8000-10000 health) on this refresh.

And while my roster is probably not as high as the people getting 320s, it isn't a slouch either: seven 4* champions and 5*s around 270 are my highest characters, with two of those being the boosted IMHB and XFDP.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Nobody likes this, and yet it keeps happening.

390 OML, 371 HB, 369 4pool as my top three gets me level 287 ultron goons.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine are now only 110-120 range (my roster average is L105ish) from 43.

Looks like the scaling is set: Trivial/Easy/Normal/Hard/Difficult and we've just reached 'easy' on day 2...

KGB
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Timer-based goon node scaling jumps are stupid. They've always been stupid. They always will be stupid. They'd be less stupid if they were gradual instead of a 200-level jump on day 2, but they'd still be stupid.

The nodes could scale according to the rounds, or, if that's not granular enough, they could scale in smaller increments per each boss defeat. Both of these make sense in terms of how fundamental game design works. Timer doesn't. Daily 200-level jumps especially doesn't.

The answer? For me, treat boss fights as one-day events to gather ISO and tokens with my alliance, and skip the rest, because the the only way to send a message about broken and bad game design is to not participate.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Can anyone explain to me why this event is so well liked? Because this is awful, and I would rather be doing just about anything else possible with my time...
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why this event is so well liked? Because this is awful, and I would rather be doing just about anything else possible with my time...

Change of pace from normal PVE, somewhat of a more standard puzzle vs who can hit harder, and it's really rewarding to high tier groups (not that that helps the majority of players). For example, my group is on tier 8, and I've hit personal max prog with not much effort. Not bragging, just listing why it's enjoyable to do that in a day vs a 3 day grind.