Ultron Returns!: New Details

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    I guess giving ultron a move will balance the game a little bit. I remember playing this event before and sometimes I win with none of my characters being damaged.
    in the later rounds all the bombs ohko a character so it was basically ace it or wipe. so that's not balance because the first one was easy. don't forget a total of 2 alliances got the final round of the imhb ultron. it was not easy. all of our rosters have progressed, but him moving the board will be very hard to deal with.

Only 2 alliances made it, but that was mostly because point requirements were almost doubled and there was no prior notice. I think teams had to clear 6/8 rounds in the first 8 hours to have a shot at clearing round 8. And in my alliance we several took the first day easy because we were worried about the individual prog reware lockout problem from the first run. Ultron himself wasn't too hard, it was just that the logistical details of the event were a cluster-tinykitty.

I am a bit sad that he moves tiles now. It made him unique to have a different board shake ability. Hope it doesn't make things impossible.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like so many people are complaining that I need to say that I really hope they don't change the PX rewards.

I'm with you on this. I can use 2 of the 3 covers myself. I happen to have 5 purpleflag.png already.

I love these events - it's my best chance to get a large number of 4 star.png covers. Beyond that it shows the alliance teamwork. Hopefully the feeder nodes don't have ridiculous scaling!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like so many people are complaining that I need to say that I really hope they don't change the PX rewards.

I do need PX too. I can count the number of random PX covers I've drawn on one finger. And since it has to do with RNG, you can take a guess which finger i decided to hold up icon_evil.gif .

That said, I do realize I'm a statistical outlier. I've got newer charterers with far more covers. So, I get the hate and wouldn't be too broken up if they changed it. But, it is a problem that is becoming more common. With the unending flow of new characters, how do you make rewards where big events feel rewarding, while still allowing newcomers and people screwed over by RNG to get opportunities.

Actually, it would be pretty simple. Add a DDQ node for some fixed older 4* rewards, and load up the boss battles with new hit rewards like Banner and Peggy.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I don't think I'm out of line to pass along that in the Discord server (see my sig) Demiurge_Anthony has said they'd like to do more boss battles.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    I don't think I'm out of line to pass along that in the Discord server (see my sig) Demiurge_Anthony has said they'd like to do more boss battles.
    If they want to slot them in instead of heroics, I'd be ok with that
  • Vhailorx
    jffdougan wrote:

It's a tough spot for demiurge. We agitate for boss battles now because they are fun and uncommon. But if we see too many of them, then no doubt the players will start complaining that boos battles are stale, old content.

Personally, I think we should stick to 4-6 boss battles a year. That's a decent middle-ground, right?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Once every 2-3 months sounds good, and this would be #4 this year, I believe (2 Civil War runs and a Galactus run). And as long as the game stays alive, a new boss event each year makes sense as well (you probably save Thanos for Infinity War in 2018, so maybe something tied to whatever the big comic event is for next year). Or, if Marvel ever gets over their Fox/X-Men issues, an Apocalypse event.
  • jffdougan
    Vhailorx wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

It's a tough spot for demiurge. We agitate for boss battles now because they are fun and uncommon. But if we see too many of them, then no doubt the players will start complaining that boos battles are stale, old content.

Personally, I think we should stick to 4-6 boss battles a year. That's a decent middle-ground, right?

In my current ideal, we'd have a Gauntlet one month and a boss battle the next, alternating through the year.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

In my current ideal, we'd have a Gauntlet one month and a boss battle the next, alternating through the year.
    I'd be fine with this, though I think in practice something like 1 of each a quarter (with double runs on brand-new Boss Battles) to be a more likely scenario.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    a boss battle to round out each season?
  • jffdougan
    Or a Gauntlet. Taking turns.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    -16.5 hours, where's our event preview?
  • Vhailorx
    fmftint wrote:
    -16.5 hours, where's our event preview?

to be fair to demi, isn't this entire thread something of an event preview? Do you mean in-game? That would be nice; maybe at 12 hours.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss battles should be held for new 4 stars.... Unless the go back to the old way of pve for new 4 stars, the new system will not work
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    waywreth wrote:
    Hopefully the feeder nodes don't have ridiculous scaling!

Don't worry.
    About halfway through the event, node scaling of the sub-fights will suddenly jump from about Level 80-ish to 300 or so like every boss event has so far.
    Expect the same here...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Starting on the 21st would usually mean 7 hrs from now.
    As the event preview still isn't up does this mean it's been delayed by 24hrs so it starts after current PvE s5 end....

or are you going to ninja start the event. at designated time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starting on the 21st would usually mean 7 hrs from now.
    As the event preview still isn't up does this mean it's been delayed by 24hrs so it starts after current PvE s5 end....

or are you going to ninja start the event. at designated time.
    There will be a preview with 2 hours to go or so.
    Has happened before for boss fights, somehow they seem to have problems with the preview for those.

It WILL start on time, because there seems to be a law that requires having a PVE running at all times.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Please, have these type of events a bit more often!

Not only are they fun to play, they also give some sort of feeling of progression, and I love the fixed 4* rewards (which are usually practically unobtainable in regular PVE in the slices/brackets I've tried). RNG is not good for me when it comes to covering 4*s (dupes, dupes, dupes).
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Sooooo.......where is it?
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    boss battles usually start around 4 hours from now. If the bowgentle is correct, dont expect a preview for 2 hours