Ultron Returns!: New Details

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans,

Ultron is back and ready to offer up some fun and challenging gameplay beginning this Thursday, July 21st! Here's some fresh details from Demiurge on a few updates to the event. (*Disclaimer: Rewards and round targets are subject-to-change before the event begins. If changes occur, we will do our best to let you know beforehand.)
    "
Ultron is Back! See what's new!

We have streamlined the Avengers vs. Ultron event to follow the basic event structure of Galactus Hungers and Civil War. The largest change to the event is that there will only be one chapter, Avengers vs. Ultron, and players will either face off against Ultron or his sentries. Another big change is that Ultron will now make matches in addition to creating drop tiles for you to remove before they detonate dealing damage.

For those of you who haven't participated in Avengers Vs. Ultron or an other Boss Event, Check out this page for more information (https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=avengers-vs-ultron-event-info).

Event Details
• There is only 1 chapter for the event, Avengers vs Ultron
• Ultron now makes matches.
• Ultron missions have eight mission rewards: three 1 Command Points, two 500 Iso-8s, two 250 Iso-8s and one Critical Boost.
• Ultron Sentry missions have four missions rewards: one Standard Token, one 500 Iso-8, one 250 Iso-8 and one Critical Boost.

• Below are the Alliance round point targets and their reward:
    o Round 1 - 70,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token o Round 2 - 120,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token o Round 3 - 350,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token o Round 4 - 880,000 - Thor (Modern) Green Cover o Round 5 - 1,800,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token o Round 6 - 3,000,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Blue Cover o Round 7 - 4,800,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Yellow Cover o Round 8 - 9,700,000 - Professor X (Charles Xavier) Purple Cover

• Below are the Player round point targets and their reward:
    o 5,000 - Standard Recruit Token o 10,000 - 100 Iso-8 o 20,000 - Power Boost o 31,500 - 1x Health Pack o 52,700 - Stockpile o 80,000 - 140 Iso-8 o 112,400 - Hawkeye (Modern) Blue Cover o 149,000 - 140 Iso-8 o 189,500 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Token o 234,000 - 140 Iso-8 o 281,500 - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Green Cover o 332,000 - 250 Iso-8 o 385,000 - 25 Hero Points o 441,500 - 250 Iso-8 o 500,000 - Vision (Android Avenger) Blue Cover o 553,500 - 500 Iso-8 o 627,000 - 25 Hero Points o 711,000 - Avengers Vs. Ultron Recruit Token o 802,500 - 1,000 Iso-8 o 900,000 - 25 Command Points

• The event will run in place of a normal Story Event"

*Update (07/19/16) from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "We will be changing the final player progression reward from the Legendary Token to 25 CP to align with other Story Event final progression rewards. Sorry for the confusion."

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knew it, gut all the good rewards, event tokens gone, hp gone, extra progression line gone
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for posting this. This is the level of detail that lets the player make informed decisions on how they want to play.

EVERYBODY remember this is an locked alliance event, so take your timing in deciding who's alliance you want to play with
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Why do you constantly insist on rewarding critical boosts????? Seriously, just replace them for 70 ISO already!!!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this is "replacing" a usual PvE can we get the Legendary Token at the end of personal progression switched to 25 CP like we have in other PvE/Story events? It was thematic for the Civil War event, but this really doesn't follow that, so please make this change.

For other feedback...I don't want to sound too negative, cause I'm happy they're running this. Team events are great, and they provide pure progression and fairly generous rewards. That said, I'm not excited about slugging it out against those ultron sentries round after round after round just for a couple 3* covers and some pretty useless Prof X covers. Anyway, please keep running these periodically, but preferably with some more recent 4* cover rewards icon_e_smile.gif.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    "Critical Boost"

Can you give it a (well deserved) rest?
    icon_rolleyes.gif

Is something like: RANDOM Boost
    too hard?

EDIT.
    As said above - 25CP in place of LToken would be welcome.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    Guess it was too much to hope that boss events would begin having 5* covers as the alliance reward for round 8.

Not sure why. Giving out a single 5* cover doesn't break difficulty curve and makes players buy a roster slot and Incentivizes future LT purchases.

I also would have liked a newer 4*, but at least it's not a trash tier like star-lord or CHulk.

Still, boss events tend to be fun. Hope ultron doesn't scale too high now that he makes matches. Not many fond memories of that ultron prime + shulk + Loki gauntlet node.

Edited for typos.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*Hulk cover for final alliance progression, upvote plz
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Agree with above, 25CP and something better than Professor X covers.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Looking forward to this since I started playing after the last run of Ultron so I haven't gotten to play this event yet. It would be nice if they got on a schedule where they ran one boss fight every month.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    • Ultron Sentry missions have four missions rewards: one Standard Token, one 500 Iso-8, one 250 Iso-8 and one Critical Boost.
    Praise Jeebus the crit boosts are still in place
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Rewards is meh. Better add 25CP instead Legendary token and made Round 8 Final Reward - Random 5* from Classic icon_e_smile.gif
  • lockvine
    lockvine Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Can we PLEASE!! have one of the newer released 4*'s as the top three Alliance rewards. I would also like at least one older 4* in the personal rewards.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Knew it, gut all the good rewards, event tokens gone, hp gone, extra progression line gone
    This isn't too bad if the Boss event is basically being added to the PvE rotation so to speak. I basically look at it as a realistic shot at getting 4* covers which is way more than what I can say about typical pve's.

That said if this is to replace our special event boss PvE's it's clearly a major downgrade.

I choose to be optimistic today and say that Professor X as the reward is evidence that this is an everyday pve style event going forward.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a few avenger vs ultron tokens in there can you confirm please devs whether there will be any particular special drop rates for these tokens?
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Yeah if they make this more regular, that would be great!!

Maybe to replace some heroics plz.

Easier than placement rewards in PVE and fosters teamwork in alliances.

Works for me !!

Dudemon
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    At least the season Sim gives a relatively new 4* as the 2k reward. I'm disappointed that this boss run, which we know are few and far between, doesn't at least do something similar. Then again, CW1 gave HB and Flaptain, and then CW2 gave... Antman and Quake, was it?

I guess it's just random, but I expected more.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    And of course the purple cover is the highest alliance reward, since it's the one I actually need.

And from the looks of it, it looks like they're going to run this like the run the Galactus events now, so I'd expect to see it every, what, 6-8 months?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    The changes to the event do not sound like a positive move. Glad to see a Boss fight, though.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    There's a few avenger vs ultron tokens in there can you confirm please devs whether there will be any particular special drop rates for these tokens?
    The link in the OP says they are vault tokens

Will defeating one round of Ultron unlock the next instantly or are rounds fixed to the clock like Galactus and CW
  • oni_889
    oni_889 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2016
    Devs,

Flavor of the event:
    Please consider to keep the boss battles events to keep their character intact. Galactus event has its distinct flavor of gameplay and Ultron used to have the nice tetris style board. I don't relish the fact of the additional damage for ultron making a match as well as destroying the bottom row. Will Ultron boss mode have abilities with the bomb tiles? I think we would all like some clarity on those changes.

Rewards:
    Ultron events used to rain random (not vault tokens) event tokens which i would look forward to. My alliance would normally finish Round 5 at most, but i could get decent rewards with 25 tokens i accumulated. These types of rewards were appreciated and I don't like the change in this respects. Furthermore, with the Civil War event we saw 4* granted at earlier rounds which helped encourage participation in my casual alliance with folks with 2-3 star transition. These old round rewards versus the Civil War rewards is another step back in the wrong direction.

As others have mentioned, why is a critical boost rewarded for beating Ultron? He gets difficult enough and that reward is the worse. Why can't there be more rewards per boss round, as 4 is way too little when you have to fight him a half dozen times? Professor X isn't a prized 4* relative to the numerous new released characters, that should also change.