Ultron Returns!: New Details

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Please change the Prof X rewards to Peggy or one of the newer 4*s as rewards. I think that would get people more excited for the event
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited about this boss event! I like boss events. They're fun. Although the three prof x rewards are ****, because I already have him at 13 covers and won't champion him due to winfinite. If his Purple were most powerful, then I would.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hoping for an Ultron rerun for ages, but this really does seem hugely underwhelming... hp and event tokens in node rewards replaced by crit boosts? Removal of the 2nd mission line and all associated rewards? PX for clearing all rounds?

And that board moving Ultron is going to be hell on anyone with a developing roster, I bet.

Wow.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'm excited about this boss event! I like boss events. They're fun. Although the three prof x rewards are ****, because I already have him at 13 covers and won't champion him due to winfinite. If his Purple were most powerful, then I would.
    I championed Professor X long ago and haven't regretted it, he's quite good on his own too.
    Then again, I wasn't much for Charlie's Angels even before I maxed him...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Knew it, gut all the good rewards, event tokens gone, hp gone, extra progression line gone

My rule of thumb with this game: the rewards for special events always get worse when they cycle back around (e.g.: ultron, galactus, anniversary). If you are happy with reward levels the first time, then demi probably isn't and you can expect something nice to go away in future.

Expecting anything else is just inviting disappointment.

When civil war runs again this fall I expect no more guaranteed 5* covers, and also no more finishing all 16 rounds.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I love the boss events! More boss/alliance events is a good thing.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    *Update (07/19/16) from Anthony at Demiurge:
      "We will be changing the final player progression reward from the Legendary Token to 25 CP to align with other Story Event final progression rewards. Sorry for the confusion."
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are Ultron Sentries going to be the speed bump they were intended to be, or will we be facing level 400 Sentries, just because
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Are Ultron Sentries going to be the speed bump they were intended to be, or will we be facing level 400 Sentries, just because

Ooo ooo, that second thing!
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    My coveted unicorn is the round 6 reward!

Don't you dare remove it.

¬_¬
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    My coveted unicorn is the round 6 reward!

Don't you dare remove it.

¬_¬

just my luck, we finally get 4 star cover for progression in PVE and it is a char i already have covered and refuse to champion

but yeah, i think there are alot of newer players who covet prof x blue and can never seem to pull him, so good for them

hopefully they will rotate in a boss event every two months going forward! i was hoping they would do a head to head of ultron vs. galactus at the same time (similar to head to head cap and iron man) and we could choose the rewards we wanted
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    How about different 4* cover at later rounds? For instance the 6th could be prof x. Seventh could be jean grey and the 8th could be red hulk?

That way there's variety and so people will play more because there won't be people already have prof x covered.

I personally need all three prof x rewards but my alliance mates may have it so they may skip this event which means I won't even get one prof x cover?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    use to get all happy when i saw boss battles but how they messed up pve im mostly just done playing
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why do they keep on saying "Fun And Challenging"?

I really DO NOT want that to become their new official mantra / excuse.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations on making an event worse after careful planning
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    You know what would be the perfect reward for a boss event? A new character! HB was the reward for the very first Ultron boss event. It would be great if new characters released in the future would occur during boss events. Keep the new pve system for old characters. This would go a long way in mollifying critics that say that placement during new character pves would be a 1pt grindfest and a race between those who can clear subs faster.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos wrote:
    Agree with above, 25CP and something better than Professor X covers.

Agreed, I have absolutely 0 use for Prof X covers. No way I max him and ruin Winfinite.

I will play hard as usual to get my Alliance mates as many rewards as possible though.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    use to get all happy when i saw boss battles but how they messed up pve im mostly just done playing

Also agreed, I would say that I was a very time committed player and then I went on vacation for a week. When I came back and turned on MPQ I couldn't get myself excited to start the grind at all. Stopped playing PvE altogether now.

When I saw that we would get to fight Ultron again I got super excited for it, then I saw the "fun and challenging" details of this run and sadly I am underwhelmed.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    mohio wrote:
    Since this is "replacing" a usual PvE can we get the Legendary Token at the end of personal progression switched to 25 CP like we have in other PvE/Story events? It was thematic for the Civil War event, but this really doesn't follow that, so please make this change.

For other feedback...I don't want to sound too negative, cause I'm happy they're running this. Team events are great, and they provide pure progression and fairly generous rewards. That said, I'm not excited about slugging it out against those ultron sentries round after round after round just for a couple 3* covers and some pretty useless Prof X covers. Anyway, please keep running these periodically, but preferably with some more recent 4* cover rewards icon_e_smile.gif.

And replace the crit boots with event tokens, like we had the first two times you ran it!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Will this be pulling from a Vault like other story events? If so, could we possibly change one of the 1 CP rewards for Ultron nodes to a Avengers v Ultron token?