Ultron Returns!: New Details

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Anyone know if Ultron unlocks when a new round starts yet?
    He doesn't.

Well that sucks. Didn't he unlock the first time they ran this? I could have sworn he did then.

Yeah, he used to unlock again after each round was cleared.

Ultron matching tiles and having that high bomb damage is going to be stupid ridiculous in the upcoming rounds. Who do I thank for ruining my favorite Boss Battle???
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Yep, he did. And called that this would happen as part of the "streamlining".
    Yeah, I'm not exactly surprised. Mildly disappointed though.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Anyone know if Ultron unlocks when a new round starts yet?
    He doesn't.

Well that sucks. Didn't he unlock the first time they ran this? I could have sworn he did then.

Yeah, he used to unlock again after each round was cleared.

Ultron matching tiles and having that high bomb damage is going to be stupid ridiculous in the upcoming rounds. Who do I thank for ruining my favorite Boss Battle???

Yeah...I'm a little worried about the later rounds. Ultron matching has his bombs dropping even faster. I have a feeling rounds 6/7/8 are going to be brutal.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Typical boring vault packed with 2☆ garbage, Boss fights are now run of the mill story events now.

There's NOTHING special about this anymore
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Typical boring vault packed with 2☆ garbage, Boss fights are now run of the mill story events now.

Not quite nothing. Right now, this boss fight allows players with 2*/3* rosters in decent alliances to earn 1-2 4* covers. That's still a noticeable improvement over regular PVE events. (I would expect it to change next time we see a boss fight).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, 3 tokens, 3 2* ****.

Ultron moving the board and the ai cascades really moves those bombs down the board much faster, even with him matching away some of his own bombs.

This will be a pain in the buttocks in later levels.

Using IM40, GSBW and LCap. boosting with +2 Yellow/Red AP since IM40 tiles spawn near the bottom (of course) so only 1 or 2 resolve. Cap's tiles seldom resolve so matching them to get the AP back isn't a bad thing this time unless you place them high enough... which isn't always possible if you're trying to catch those wandering bombs.

Too bad Cap isn't boosted. Hulkbuster is, but hesitant to use IF and SW who are his usual companions because of additional board shake.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    its been a long time but isn't there supposed to be another event tile with the ultron prime matches that are unlocked for the alliance rounds? or are they just feeding us the round rewards directly i guess?
  • Vhailorx
    TxMoose wrote:
    its been a long time but isn't there supposed to be another event tile with the ultron prime matches that are unlocked for the alliance rounds? or are they just feeding us the round rewards directly i guess?

That's one of the changes they have made in standardizing the ultron event.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Also just learned the hard way that Ultron doesn't unlock when a new round starts.
    I brought the wrong cast of characters to this party.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure I'll change my mind as this gets harder, but the most annoying part so far I find is the pop up every time you defeat Ultron...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Yep. My vault has Cho's hotdog.png. So even with a "good" draw, it wouldn't be a win in my book. At least I won't be tempted to dump any of my HP on RNG.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pro tip: struggling with ultron bombs? Try a quake blue team up to remove them wherever they are
  • Vhailorx
    Pro tip: struggling with ultron bombs? Try a quake blue team up to remove them wherever they are

I wonder how many people have alliances that can give 5-cover quake teamups on request.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Why does this event not time slice???

I usually play in the first available slice which is 9pm here in Australia and I can do a clear before bed

This must have started around 2am or 3am here... And By 7am my alliance has us up to round 3

Makes hard not to warm up in the first round especially when there are changes to game play like Ultrons matching
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Bosses don't time slice. Haven't at least since I started playing the game about 8 months ago.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    Why does this event not time slice???

I usually play in the first available slice which is 9pm here in Australia and I can do a clear before bed

This must have started around 2am or 3am here... And By 7am my alliance has us up to round 3

Makes hard not to warm up in the first round especially when there are changes to game play like Ultrons matching
    I'll happily trade your late start for that annoying last refresh between 2AM and 6AM that I can never hit... Starting late just means the points build up a bit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bosses don't need time slices, ignore the global reset and hit him when he unlocks on his own.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Holy moley....7k bombs in round 6 are already insta wipe out if Ultron gets a good cascade. This event may turn into getting lucky enough to get all your points before your health packs run out.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,142 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Holy moley....7k bombs in round 6 are already insta wipe out if Ultron gets a good cascade. This event may turn into getting lucky enough to get all your points before your health packs run out.

Or worse, get a forced board reshuffle due to no matches and end up with 2 bombs on the bottom row for instant death. Total **** way to lose an otherwise tight match I was holding my own in by matching away his tiles. icon_evil.gif

KGB
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is it really entitlement satanno?

Sure, once can conceive of entitled players griping for "too much" stuff, whatever that might mean.

But in general, I think the griping in this thread is more reflective of growing frustration throughout the playerbase,(particularly among the veteran/forumite class). There are dozens of posts making quite reasonable, well-constructed arguments that the rewards in this game are either too low, or poorly aligned. One doesn't need to agree with those arguments to recognize them as legitimate (if not always correct). This is especially true of iso, but there are plenty of other serious problems.

So when demi announces that they are restructuring a boss event (typically a better than average event for rewards) so that it includes significantly fewer rewards for players (especially hp and tokens), it's not too surprising that players are a bit agitated.

But you are right to point out that not everything is bad. 3 cp per refresh is good (if I read demi's post correctly). And 3 4* covers is also better than a standard pve event for most players. And the 4* Isn't even CHulk or star-lord! So it could be worse.

I think we're on the same wavelength here, V. I'm just a frustrated as the next guy about the general state of affairs. I could do for a lot more Iso and a lot less silver tokens out here at 800+ days. What gets under my skin is the barrage of complaints to the tune of "I don't need this particular reward, so everything sucks." After going through the first several pages of this thread in particular I felt like all I saw was "I don't want PX, wah wah wah!" Made me kinda mad.

Oh, and this?
    jffdougan wrote:
    Will this be pulling from a Vault like other story events? If so, could we possibly change one of the 1 CP rewards for Ultron nodes to a Avengers v Ultron token?
    el satanno wrote:
    A frickin' token instead of CP? Please kill yourself before the stupid spreads.

Whatever your opinion of the poster's request, this is not cool.

You are absolutely right. I was quite out of line. Drank a big glass of "I hate my job" before going through this thread and I just went off. Sincere apologies to jffdougan. I still think asking for a token instead of CP is mental, though.