Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Options

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually managed to finish top 10 with my half-leveled Patch icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • i pushed and got in two fights in the last 6min for 56 points, got #1 with a lowly 723 final score. weakest bracket ever! but i got an x-force (2/0/0 now), so i'm cool with that.

we finished safely at #76 as an alliance. new wolverine pvp has lazy captain. my patch is level 30, my x-force 46, so... i'll try.
  • oh and good job all!
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another max cover 3 star, yay. Blood you wanna farm some ISO for me only need levels 80-141 =)
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    Just did an LR, was aiming for a diabolical token, fell just short so I got an heroic token instead.

Yellow Invisible Woman... icon_lol.gif
  • grats. i've popped like 1000 tokens and still haven't seen a ****. my heroic turned into a moonstone :/
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    I think most of my 4 stars have come from standard tokens. I used to go for top spots more but they are not so great. If they introduce a badass 4 star i think it could shake things up quite a bit =) I am going to go for some magneto covers i am finally around for one of his rounds wish me luck heh.
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    aRNbS3b.jpg

Favorite first move ever heh
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    woo two more covers =) Those things are exhausting when your trying to win.
  • grats! with my lvl 20 c.mag, i just get pounded into oblivion.
  • r50 = in game alliance chat and let's you see each other's score in events. yay!
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    Yeah should be nice not everyone likes to be tied to forum / we can direct potential applicants here. My Best there is bracket is loaded with top alliance guys this time boo =p
  • i just entered the pvp this morning, so i'm not sure who's in my bracket, but i was able to fight ai teams all the way to 240 rating and was sitting at #18 like that this morning.

btw, this pve event is dumb. it looks like ratings will cap at 45k right now (i know there will be a run up at the end, but with the value of these nodes, i don't think it'll be that crazy). I've been hitting it every 12 so far to get back into the top 10, but with rubber banding, it feels like it's pointless. at least it only takes 30min per clear. i started sacrificing all my non essential heroes to glorious deaths to try and help keep my pve scaling down, but i didn't notice any change yet.
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    Just had back to back 3* pull from standard tokens one Green Thor! and one Blue DOoOOoOOoM(wish i could share).
  • grats again then icon_e_wink.gif my luck hasn't been so hot. after getting that lazy captain, i've gotten nothing but ** and the diabolicals (3) were unusable.

I wish they did allow *** cover xfer's, even if it were 20k iso and 100 hp, i'd gladly pay it.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OK, I have three questions for fellow Pandas.

What was the level in your first fight, the one that remains always but is checked red? For me that was level 45, and every time new nodes appear, their levels range from 55 to 123/132/168 on highest points nodes ("round" 1/2/3). Btw, finished first missions at 8.3k and second at 17.6k so third should be at ~25k. And I was close to bracket leader, so at this rate you could say there is/are no point(s) to/for late progression rewards. icon_e_smile.gif

What lineups are you using in this PvP? Wolvie is so buffed that it's pretty easy to finish the fight with 1 or 2 downed, just a little bad luck or inattention and SNIKT! there goes another health pack. I'm thinking stunners maybe?

I made a facebook account to have a savegame just in case, but I don't use facebook so don't have anyone to share rewards with. But if you do I could bring some more boosts and ISO to my teammates right? And I wouldn't mind the benefits too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • what are the facebook rewards? i know nothing about that, but i'd gladly make a fake account if it gets us shiny things.

as for pvp, i'm using OBW/a.wolv/BP and it's easy to down anyone. i dont have a good patch, but offensively, a.wolv is super super sweet, i think patch is better on defense (healing, higher level). at 240 score i pulled a matchup with a 750 score guy with a maxed x-force. he had 16k health, but he's a terrible terrible character. if you're having trouble, just always match green, then red, then purple for obw to use for steals. look for matchups where the other guy takes x-force or uses a 2nd RYG character like lazythor, which makes it easy to stop them from getting ap for abilities.

honestly this pvp is like the lazythor one, you can kill anyone, but there's no good defense. just a zergfest. when i do my runs i eat the iso (two color) ap boosts like candy, cause f it.

in pve my first node was 45. the daken big node right now was 168 the first time i saw it today, though it's probably gone up. i killed off most of my squad there on purpose and it didn't do anything to their levels.
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    I use steam so I don't think FB link works for me unfortunately. My locked node is 45's as well. The Daken node is at level 157 right now. I haven't even gone for 500 ISOs in this one just been maxing points every 12 hours when i can. This event has just been kinda meh. A maxed blue and red Cap would be great to kill countdowns but as is i have only used him for the required ones.

After the LRs I tanked my whole roster in Shield Training, I "think" i am really seeing the effects of it this tournament. I am at 673 points unshielded and haven't been attacked for hours. I used Patch, Panther & various support characters (OBW, Spidey, Hood) all of which have been prone to take unexpected dives lol.

My patch is weighing in at 10080 HP and regens 644 per turn quiet beastly.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    Can confirm, downing your whole roster in Shield Training really will do wonders for your MMR.

The Red-ISO PVE 8 is super boring indeed but doesnt require too much time so I'm fine with that. My red node is at 45 as well.
  • you used to be able to retreat over and over and it'd count as loses, but now that doesn't work. glad to know you can control MMR that way for sure though. i'll probably do it at some point. Ice said it's raw health lost, so even though *'s get up quick, they don't have much health to contribute (except jugs).

I wonder if pve healing guys works after tanking them in shield... i'd love to be fighting level 16 IM35s again icon_e_wink.gif